Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Darlo Feethams site is just wasteland now, going off Google maps. Good decision all round that one.

Wasn't there a cricket team that played there too? Did they fuck off as well?

Cricket pitch is/was adjacent to the footy ground, had to walk round/over it to get in. Still there as far as I know.

Probably end up as houses.

The people that bought it from the city for next to nothing in an auction tried that already. They were going to split the upper and lower level in half, upper level would be a soccer field and lower would be concerts and other events. MLS said they would only go for a team playing in Detroit, so it got scrapped. Everything inside is going to be auctioned off next week or something.

The people that bought it from the city for next to nothing in an auction tried that already. They were going to split the upper and lower level in half, upper level would be a soccer field and lower would be concerts and other events. MLS said they would only go for a team playing in Detroit, so it got scrapped. Everything inside is going to be auctioned off next week or something.

Such a waste.

Had to check on a map... it doesn't look like it's far out of Detroit. Looks like it's kind of in the suburbs of Detroit.

Regardless, tearing the fucking thing apart. There are any number of sports clubs that could have used it. How much could the maintenance costs have been, ffs?

@bbclaurak

Am told 'absolutely no chance' Barclays will renew premiership sponsorship at end of this cycle, altho bank denies officially. Suggested to me that Jenkins apparently doesn't think football as brand matches with the culture clean up he's working on at Barclays.

@bbclaurak

Am told 'absolutely no chance' Barclays will renew premiership sponsorship at end of this cycle, altho bank denies officially. Suggested to me that Jenkins apparently doesn't think football as brand matches with the culture clean up he's working on at Barclays.

The Sports Direct Premier League anyone?

@bbclaurak

Nah, he'd have to pay for that.

Guest neesy111

@bbclaurak

Barclays are pulling out quite a few of their sponsorships, so no surprise.

Guest neesy111

Curious timing, the Evening Standard reported the other day that Barclays were hugely disappointed with the Scudamore stuff and wanted answers/consequences.

Rightly so.

@bbclaurak

maybe we shouldn't sign anyone and just have the club sponsor the Premier League. That way we get to have our name on the trophy.