South American football

Flip

Disgusting behavior. What sort of measures are being used to combat it Felipao? Or are they just doing s*** all and waiting for calamity?

In general or today? Police arrived and started shooting with rubbet bullets, stopped rapidly after they arrived. Problem is it was a private organized event, not even at Atletico PRs homeground and the event organizers had only put police outside the stadium. Embrassing, fortunately (if you can use that word today) is that at the World Cup there will be enough police and military to make sure our country isn't embarrassed in the eyes of the world.

Saying they're going to resume in 10 minutes. Is that some sort of sick joke?

Sensible Vasco fans were hoping they'd just leave the pitch and be relegated, in a day like this not many care about football. Images of young men being stamped on and hit with iron pipes because of 11 men and a football rolling on the floor.

well you were saying it's commonplace though. Is there much of club fines?

Ba_HYHACIAA_ddd.png:large

Helicopter on the pitch. Luiz Alberto in tears. Blimey.

Rupert Fryer ‏@Rupert_Fryer 1m

Atletico PR's Luiz Alberto: "We saw a guy in the stands they're kicking his head and nobody is stopping them."

Edit: suspended for 30 mins then the ref's gonna decide what to do.

A far cry from the glamour of Friday's draw...

Cant wait to see how little is down about this by UEFA

Disgusting behavior. What sort of measures are being used to combat it Felipao? Or are they just doing s*** all and waiting for calamity?

In general or today? Police arrived and started shooting with rubbet bullets, stopped rapidly after they arrived. Problem is it was a private organized event, not even at Atletico PRs homeground and the event organizers had only put police outside the stadium. Embrassing, fortunately (if you can use that word today) is that at the World Cup there will be enough police and military to make sure our country isn't embarrassed in the eyes of the world.

Saying they're going to resume in 10 minutes. Is that some sort of sick joke?

Sensible Vasco fans were hoping they'd just leave the pitch and be relegated, in a day like this not many care about football. Images of young men being stamped on and hit with iron pipes because of 11 men and a football rolling on the floor.

well you were saying it's commonplace though. Is there much of club fines?

This is an exception due to the size and type of violence. Usually there are tons of police that calms down such troubles fast.

Fred - ''First, second, third...I'll play whereever Fluminense are playing'' referring to being relegated to the second division. Already nailed his spot in the World Cup team anyways.

So Vasco, Fluminense are relegated with Nautico and Ponte Preta.

While Atletico PR and Botafogo joins Gremio and Cruzeiro as well as Flamengo for the Libertadores. (unless Atletico PR are deducted points for what happened today)

Thought Botafogo wouldn't get it if PP win the Copa Sudamericana?

If Ponte Preta wins the Sudamericana I'll be shocked. They should've lost the first tie and are playing the most in-form side in Argentinian football.

Now over to Argieland and Quilmes v River Plate. Ref was already struck with a bottle in the first half, now the fans throwing random things onto the pitch and the game's interrupted again. Quilmes players pleading with fans to stop.

Why does this happen so often in South America? Dangerous and farcical in equal measure. And yes, I'm very aware of the trouble England has had in the past.

That's quite the wall the riot police have created. Not sure it's 10 yards back though.

Why does this happen so often in South America? Dangerous and farcical in equal measure. And yes, I'm very aware of the trouble England has had in the past.

That's quite the wall the riot police have created. Not sure it's 10 yards back though.

Ban them from the world cup..

Lack of punishment, I mean, only four have been arrested this far for the actions yesterday. 3 of them are charged with attempted murder, but I'll bet plenty of money that none of them will get any jail time. Brazil has an extremely lenient juridical system.

Some twists in the Brazilian league. Portguesa and Flamengo fielded one suspended player each in the last game of the season, something that previously has been punished by a three point deduction + the point won in the match. That means that if the rules are applied Fluminense once again escapes Serie B and Portuguesa are relegated instead.

:lol:

What a total shambles the whole thing is. How can you "forget" about a suspended player?

Didn't forget. But apparently they're saying their lawyers didn't tell them it was a two game suspension, but he's saying he informed them through the phone. This is a team with an average attendance of 3k :lol:

So punishment has been dealt to both Vasco and Atletico Paranaense. Like I said, embarrassing how lenient the punishment is as expected.

Atletico PR - 12 home games to be played elsewhere (six of them behind closed doors) + R$140k (roughly £37k, basically let's say Jonas's weekly salary) in fine

Vasco da Gama - 8 home games to be played elsewhere (four of them behind closed doors) + R$80k in fine.

Leandro Damiao sold to Santos.....not sure how much the fee is.

The papers are going to have to think up another name now for Spurs  instead of the usual Damiao merry go round that comes in each window.

Been shite ever since the Olympics. Excellent move for him. Hopefully he can regain form and get called up to the World Cup.

Massive news coming out of Brazil. Portuguesa have lost 4p as a result for playing a player that was banned, meaning that once again Fluminense are saved from relegation. This is only the early judgement and I'm sure there will be an ongoing appeal and chaos regarding this subject. Unbelievable that they can't follow simple guidelines, but at the same time they should punish them for next season. Keeping Fluminense up is ridiculous.

• 5 weeks later...

Seedorf will be a miss in Brazilian football from what I've heard . He's been doing well there , on and off the field with his extremely professional approach , knowledge and experience that have been a good influence in Brazilian football, particularly to the young players of Botafogo. Would have been nice to see a European player stay over there a bit longer but the Milan job is understandably hard to turn down.