South American football

Flip

The Brazil squad is poor by its normal standards:

Gilberto - Could not get a game at Spurs

Elano - Dumped by Man City

Gilberto - Too old & too slow for Arsenal & Arsne

Baptista - Weg did not want snap him up after loan spell

Kléberson  - Failure at Man Utd

Robinho - had issues at Man City but has looked good at Santos.

I am surprised Mirandinha did not make the squad.

Brazil stacked with attackers in '06 (Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka, Adriano..) and tried to fit them into one team. It failed miserably.

This team is much better than that one, it's organised and efficient but has flair in the right areas. They wont concede many and they'll pick teams off at will on the break. Dunga is the best thing that's happened to Brazil in years.

Somehow stumbled across this :lol:

Think he's been brilliant personally  :troll:

:lol: He's worse this time. I actually didn't have THAT much problems with him the first time and thought he was partly unlucky to not at least go to the semi's in South Africa. But now, he's fucking ridiculous. The fact he ended the game against Venezuela with 4 central defenders, 2 fullbacks and two DM's and wasn't trolling really killed me.

Think he's been brilliant personally  :troll:

:lol: He's worse this time. I actually didn't have THAT much problems with him the first time and thought he was partly unlucky to not at least go to the semi's in South Africa. But now, he's fucking ridiculous. The fact he ended the game against Venezuela with 4 central defenders, 2 fullbacks and two DM's and wasn't trolling really killed me.

He's a curious (damaged) character like. Seems to buzz solely off annoying as many people as he can rather than trying to win games / utilise the undoubted wealth of talent he has at his disposal.

• 1 month later...

Route to World Cup in Russia starts tonight in South America. Chile hosts Brazil while Uruguay plays away to Bolivia.

Don't think there's ever been this little gap between SA sides and with Bolivia aside all teams stand a chance of being top 5. Still expect Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Chile to take the direct spots, but Uruguay are in trouble with Peru, Paraguay and Venezuela all getting better every year.

Chile-Brazil should be a tasty affair.

I'm just interested to see if Douglas Costa can produce the same magic without Muller and Lewandowski. And if Oscar can get back to his best. Chile away will be very difficult, but their football suits us somehow.

It's been everything you were yearning for.

Brazil has been better than Chile for 20 minutes of this game, yet we are shit. Hate watching us sit deep when they have the ball. It's not Brazil :anguish:

Brazil has been better than Chile for 20 minutes of this game, yet we are shit. Hate watching us sit deep when they have the ball. It's not Brazil :anguish:

I'm not saying you should go all out attack but this is quite sad to watch from such a past great nation. Where's the offensive mentality, where's the arrogance, where's the flair?

Brazil has been better than Chile for 20 minutes of this game, yet we are s***. Hate watching us sit deep when they have the ball. It's not Brazil :anguish:

I'm not saying you should go all out attack but this is quite sad to watch from such a past great nation. Where's the offensive mentality, where's the arrogance, where's the flair?

:thup: Basically hoping Douglas Costa does what Neymar usually does.

Costa has been your best player comfortably. Willian is such a good player if he's given the freedom to attack, to which end he's really drawn a blank in the manager lottery for club and country.

Costa has been your best player comfortably. Willian is such a good player if he's given the freedom to attack, to which end he's really drawn a blank in the manager lottery for club and country.

:thup:

Also Oscar has been atrocious. Costa and Willian the only ones looking like they give a s***.

Oscar is the reason we weren't up by two or three. We had four or five great counters which ended with him destroying each and every one of them completely.