South American football

Flip

• 2 weeks later...

Jamaica gonna get so very bummed. Argentina Uruguay Paraguay basically through already.

While I think Paraguay should go through, there's a huge chance that Venezuela or Peru gets a draw + win in their group. Unless they draw against each other. Also think Ecuador will beat Bolivia easily and might take a point against Mexico. So not 100% sure if 3p and a great goal difference will be enough for Paraguay tbf.

First leg of the final of the Copa Sudamericana tonight between Atlético Nacional and River Plate in Medellin tonight.

Big fortnight for River with this and then the final game of the Argie season where they can still win the league afterwards. Hope Racing pip them to that though, a massively underachieving club (and have the best fans in Argentina).

• 1 month later...

Silly Season in the Brazilian league right now.

Ricardo Goulart (as I posted in another thread) went to Guangzhou Evergrande in China for €15m.

Leandro Damiao has signed for Cruzeiro on loan and hopefully can find his old form and perform in the CL for them.

Rever that was part of the Brazilian team in the 2013 Confederations Cup has signed for Internacional. A nothing player in my opinion, never understood why he's so highly rated. Very limited.

Elano back at Santos, don't know how many times he's been back there. Cristiano who played for Fenerbache for 10000 years is back at Corinthians.

Silly Season in the Brazilian league right now.

Ricardo Goulart (as I posted in another thread) went to Guangzhou Evergrande in China for €15m.

Leandro Damiao has signed for Cruzeiro on loan and hopefully can find his old form and perform in the CL for them.

Rever that was part of the Brazilian team in the 2013 Confederations Cup has signed for Internacional. A nothing player in my opinion, never understood why he's so highly rated. Very limited.

Elano back at Santos, don't know how many times he's been back there. Cristiano who played for Fenerbache for 10000 years is back at Corinthians.

How are finances amongst the teams flip?

I'm sure I read a couple of years ago the TV deal increased am I correct if so what impact are we seeing on the standard of football etc?

Shocked to see Copa America tickets prices compaired to Euro or World Cup. Could get a follow team for Brazil games for $50. Just in case anyone is feel like a spontaneous football tournament it's in June in Chile and sales started now and last another 16 days or so.

• 2 weeks later...

U-20 South American championship is being played right now and top goal scorer is Giovanni Simeone, Diego Simeone's son with 6 goals in four games. Plays for River Plate in Argentina.

2nd round about to start tomorrow with group stage system with the three best teams from two groups.

One of the best natural number 10s I've seen. Favourite Argie player along with Tevez (due to his time at Corinthians).

Top player but should have done more with his career in hindsight.

Not sure how much better he could've done with his career considering he played most of it in South America and won three Liberadores. He was all of Villarreal for a season or two where he was absolutely amazing. Around the same time Ronaldinho was shining for Barcelona.

One of the best natural number 10s I've seen. Favourite Argie player along with Tevez (due to his time at Corinthians).

Top player but should have done more with his career in hindsight.

Not sure how much better he could've done with his career considering he played most of it in South America and won three Liberadores. He was all of Villarreal for a season or two where he was absolutely amazing. Around the same time Ronaldinho was shining for Barcelona.

I just think he should have stayed in Europe a bit longer. At his peak, he would surely have had the opportunity to play in the PL. The year Villarreal got to the CL Semi I remember he was superb and at that time, there were very few players in the same bracket as him. All I'd say is that we didn't see enough of him on "the big stage".

Don't think his game would be well-suited to the PL.

He was slow but I think a player that had his level of technical ability can ply their trade anywhere.

I just don't think he would be as successful  in the PL as other top divisions. Very few teams played in the style needed for him to be a success in the division.

U-20 South American championship is being played right now and top goal scorer is Giovanni Simeone, Diego Simeone's son with 6 goals in four games. Plays for River Plate in Argentina.

2nd round about to start tomorrow with group stage system with the three best teams from two groups.

It's been his father's future star Angel Correa who has been tearing it up for the Argies supposedly. Scored a blinder today. Seems to be fully back from his heart issue.