South American football

Flip

• 1 month later...

So Tite picks his first squad and it's as bad or as ridiculous at least as Dungas. I'm sick and tired of this. He'll be a better manager but he's gone with 7 ex-Corinthians players some who deserve it some don't. 3 players from the Chinese league and he's chosen the established names of Gabigol and G. Jesus ahead of Luan who was probably our best player in the Olympics.

Obviously going to give him couple of chances and he might be picking players he's coached before and trust, but still sucks to see the lack of creativity in our side.

• 2 weeks later...

Tite has just picked his starting eleven for tonights qualifier against Ecuador and you just wait for it.

Alisson

Dalves, Marquinhos, Miranda ©, Marcelo

Paulinho, Casemiro, RAugusto

Willian                GJesus                Neymar

I knew it was going to be boring, but that midfield. :anguish:

Take Neymar out of that Brazil team and it is very, very average.

What has happened there? How have they stopped producing such excellent footballers?

:lol: First time in about 3 years that we're actually playing well as a team and you post that? Stop looking at line up and look at our two last performances which have been convincing wins in difficult fixtures. Result last night isn't fair on the performance. Tite has made us much more cohesive and I think even without Neymar we'd look an ok side for once in about 4 years or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Growing up I feel as if Brazil and Netherlands had so many great players. '98 to '04 nothing but fire. Flare. Even up until 2008-10 very exciting players.

Since then - the midfield maestros, the 10's, the wingers, the 9's... all gone. Replaced by Clogs.

I'd be inclined to agree, but I don't think anyone is in a position to criticize this Brazilian team under Tite.

Vickery was saying the other day that without Messi and Mascherano, Argentina are a completely average team. Both missing for the game tonight now (Mascherano suspended too).

Vickery was saying the other day that without Messi and Mascherano, Argentina are a completely average team. Both missing for the game tonight now (Mascherano suspended too).

Considering this team i have to concur.

C8BoPLSXUAEQi_C.jpg

It looks fucking trash :lol:

Bolivia the much better team here. Argentina look lost. Letting Bolivia control the tempo which isn't the greatest tactic to go for at that altitude. Better to have the ball and just pass it around.