RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

If Shearer wants to get back into management he'd do best to start somewhere down as low as league 2 imo. Just develop some sort of man management skills where the pressure isn't as intense. Was obviously difficult to refuse trying to save us but it's done him no favours.

Guest Haris Vuckic

People slagging Shearer off after 8 games. f*** a duck. :lol:

How well did Keegan do in his first 10/11 games back? Not well.

People!? Our esteemed new Director of Football no less.

Joe Kinnear is a person.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yeah, wouldn't go near Keegan in this day and age either.

Shearer, Keegan, Kinnear - no thanks.

I can't see an argument against Keegan's style. He's a great manager & he's not outdated.

Joe Kinnear is a person.

Doubtful. But if you say people I assume you mean people in general, or more contextual, people on here. Nobody has criticised him except our fruitcake of a DoF.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Joe Kinnear is a person.

Doubtful. But if you say people I assume you mean people in general, or more contextual, people on here. Nobody has criticised him except our fruitcake of a DoF.

Sometimes I generalise and I'm incorrect. I couldn't finish the syllogism because I was on the pop last night.

Guest Haris Vuckic

People on here do slag Shearer off.

I don't think you can say either way whether he's going to be a good manager or not. Contrary to popular belief he isn't daft either. I think a lot of people understimate a professional knowledge of football.

Shearer is hardly the only person to question kinnears appointment. Slagging Off shearer is hardly going to help him win over the fans. The only chance he has of making this work is if he keeps his mouth shut, however his ego wont allow him to do that.

Shearer is hardly the only person to question kinnears appointment. Slagging Off shearer is hardly going to help him win over the fans. The only chance he has of making this work is if he keeps his mouth shut, however his ego wont allow him to do that.

Wouldn't even say his ego won't, more like his IQ and his stupidity.

According to Nolan Shearer didn't do a lot of coaching anyway, he left it all to Dowie. The players hated Dowie.

Duff is a cock and was majorly shit for us but he did try and get us moving a bit in the last few games, Enrique snapped his hamstring against Pompey and we had little choice but to play Duff at left back. You can hardly blame him for the OG, it deflected off him from a ball that broke out from a corner ffs :lol:

Just to reiterate, I fucking hate Damien Duff, but it's not like he volleyed the ball past Harper man

Guest Bert Shaft

Spot on about Shearer's managerial ability.

You're classing Shearer as a sh*t boss on the back of 8 games for not being able to tidy up the mess JFK (and Mike Arseley) left behind, are you.  We were already as good as down man, the team had all the spirit and energy drained out of them by the Nurse Ratched dodgers miserable tactics and failure to win more than 5 paltry league games out of 24, a run  incidentally of which in the final 8 games of Joe Canoe's spell as boss, we drew 3 and lost 5 only for the old soak to claim later that "we were on a run of good form when I took ill". 

The damage was done long before Shearer and Dowie stepped in.

What is it with the w*nkers who regularly slate the clubs heroes off on here.  :)

Spot on about Shearer's managerial ability.

You're classing Shearer as a sh*t boss on the back of 8 games are you,  We were already as good as down man, the team had all the spirit and energy drained out of them by the Nurse Ratched dodgers miserable tactics and failure to win more than 5 paltry league games out of 24. The damage was done long before Shearer and Dowie stepped in.

What is it with the w*nkers who regularly slate the clubs heroes off on here.

Shearer didn't manage to lift the team, that was the telling factor. We went down with barely a whimper.

It is almost strange that the quiet reclusive mike ashley surrounds himself with outspoken, arrogant and egotistic cunts such as dekka and kinnear. Probably so people like that can do all the talking for him.

I've got the Times today and there's a whacking big picture of JFK looking in rude health. Looks as well as he's done for ages. FFS.

He states it's his last interview and that, from now on, AP will do them.

Can you upload a pic dude?

Once Shearer had his say, Kinnear was hardly going to take it lying down. It's hard enough to shut him up when he's had no provocation.

This unfortunately. The day Joe Kinnear takes the higher ground and keeps quiet is the day his tongue has fallen out.

Shearer was a shit manager btw, out of his depth and basically let Dowie do everything as he was afraid.

He should manage at the bottom but his ego is too big for it, therefore he'll never be a manager and certainly not one with any pedigree.

Shearer was a shit manager btw, out of his depth and basically let Dowie do everything as he was afraid.

He should manage at the bottom but his ego is too big for it, therefore he'll never be a manager and certainly not one with any pedigree.

He wouldn't have taken the job with only 8 games to go, in that case. 

Guest Haris Vuckic

Shearer was a s*** manager btw, out of his depth and basically let Dowie do everything as he was afraid.

Based on what exactly?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8788817/

Newcastle's Joe Kinnear dismisses Alan Shearer comments and says sorry to fans

Newcastle United director of football Joe Kinnear has hit back at Alan Shearer after the club's record goalscorer criticised his appointment.

Shearer recently said that Kinnear's arrival at St James' Park had undermined Newcastle manager Alan Pardew and that the process involved in the appointment had turned the club into a "laughing stock".

Kinnear responded angrily to the comments in an interview with the Sunday Times, questioning the former Newcastle and England striker's credentials as a coach.

He cited Shearer's failure to keep the Magpies in the top flight in the final eight league games of the 2008-09 season after he had succeeded Kinnear after the latter suffered a heart attack.

"What Shearer says is diabolical," said Kinnear. "This is a guy who hasn't got a clue about coaching.

"The last game of the (2008-09) season he came up with the master idea of playing Damien Duff at left-back. Damien is one of the best left-wingers in the business, but can't tackle. And we went down with an own goal from Damien.

"Shearer keeps slagging me off. He is being disrespectful to me. I am entitled to fight back."

Kinnear also used the interview to apologise for his comments about Newcastle fans made before his appointment had been confirmed by the club.

The 66-year-old gave two radio and television interviews in which he made a number of erroneous claims, mispronounced the names of several Newcastle players and claimed he had "more intelligence" than the United supporters.

"I regret what I said about the supporters," he said. "I can't get anybody to say that Joe has the utmost respect for the supporters and they are the most important people at the club.

"I always go to their forums and loved having the craic with them around the city when I was manager there.

"There are 10 per cent I'm never going to win over, that is the point I was trying to make, but I regret what I said and if I offended any Newcastle fans I apologise."

Hi Joe.  You're a cunt.

Also what this fuck is this

"I can't get anybody to say that Joe has the utmost respect for the supporters and they are the most important people at the club."

Supposed to mean?

Shearer was a s*** manager btw, out of his depth and basically let Dowie do everything as he was afraid.

Based on what exactly?

A few of the players have said it at talk-ins - Nolan basically said Dowie did everything and Shearer just picked the team.

the whole point of shearer coming in wasn't his tactical nouse.

it was hoped it would give the players and the fans a huge lift, and inspire them just to give it one last go over 8 games. seemed a good idea at the time. think dowie was abad idea but shearer trusted him. unfortunately the likes of martins already had started making plans for next season away from st.james.