RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

well so many aspects of this - i don´t know where to begin.

How is he qualified for this job? We can all see what is wrong. Carr is doing a great job finding players...we don´t need him to mess with this. He is outdated in every way.

I already think pardew and his football will make it difficult for us to sign some promising players with more offers on there hands. This appointment won´t make it easier.

I honestly think (if he isn´t careful) he could have a very negative effect on who is coming and who wants to leave.

Pardew and Kinnear how is that better than a promising modern manager? Lots of bright managers who come here even under strange conditions.

There's a part of me that does think Kinnear is better than Pardew, but that's more to do with how little I think of Pardew. Hope this whole thing at least gives Pardew a kick up the backside.

Guest icemanblue

I wonder if there's legs in the story that Derek backed Pardew, when Ashley wanted him gone. Perhaps Mike's now lashing out from a position of insecurity? Putting his man in the mix, to prevent having to make a payout to dispose of, at least, two members of staff?

Guest neesy111

I wonder if there's legs in the story that Derek backed Pardew, when Ashley wanted him gone. Perhaps Mike's now lashing out from a position of insecurity? Putting his man in the mix, to prevent having to make a payout to dispose of, at least, two members of staff?

It's plausible.

As managers they're both subpar to say the least, but you guys don't think Kinnear is more likely to get stuff done as far as players coming in? He seems to have Ashley's respect moreso than Pardew does.

Pardew would go on and on about things happening in the transfer market, and it would never come to fruition, the guy is a wet blanket, and seemingly has no one's respect.

I think as far as getting stuff done this summer Kinnear will have more of an impact than Pardew.

:lol: The amount of obscenity I want to use to describe this is making me burst at the scene. That line from Dodgeball seems fitting.

"It's like a bunch of f***ing retards try'na hump a door knob"

Aye, and Kinnear is about as useful as a cock flavoured lollypop.

I'd rather have Kinnear and Pardew than just Pardew. Get things more football-focused at the top of the club and challenge Pardews brain-farts when it comes to tactics and strategy

Can see Kinnear sorting out the split dressing-room  :lol:

Embarrassingly enough, that's what we should be hearing instead of Pardew falling over himself to tell everyone that we are vulnerable 24/7.

Pardew doesn't say it. Kinnear says it and I don't believe him.

fucking wonderful isn't it?

“I’ve been with Graham for last three days,” said Kinnear.

“We’ve discussed all the French players and contacts that Graham knows, the players he’s brought in and we’re very happy together.

“I’m known Graham for something like 20 years. He was at Tottenham.

“I know he’s got a good eye for a player and good contacts.

“We’ll go and see as many of these players in action and we’ll get in as many games as we possibly can.

“Once we see something that we think is in our budget, we’ll go for them. It’s as simple as that.

“On the other side, if we see things that we believe are not Newcastle, and not good enough for Newcastle, then I’ll shift them. It’s as simple as that.

“I don’t want anybody there that’s not good enough for Newcastle.”

I'd rather have Kinnear and Pardew than just Pardew. Get things more football-focused at the top of the club and challenge Pardews brain-farts when it comes to tactics and strategy

Pardew's brain farts? Kinnear has full blown verbal diarrhea man.

As managers they're both subpar to say the least, but you guys don't think Kinnear is more likely to get stuff done as far as players coming in? He seems to have Ashley's respect moreso than Pardew does.

Pardew would go on and on about things happening in the transfer market, and it would never come to fruition, the guy is a wet blanket, and seemingly has no one's respect.

I think as far as getting stuff done this summer Kinnear will have more of an impact than Pardew.

Because Kinnear was able to get transfers done when he was last in charge? :lol:

Just had this conversation with my mam...

Me "It's beyond belief, I cannot stand that man"

Mam "I hope he has a heart attack and dies"

Me "Maammmm, you can't say that man"

Mam "Well, people die of heart attacks on the time, so why not him"

:serious:

It's plausible.

Posted something similar on the previous page. Then I read JFK's comments in the Chronicle which imply that Llambias is onside with this. Mind you I question my sanity at attaching credence to any comments by JFK. I am struggling to understand this but can only come to the conclusion that it is Ashley playing games to ruffle feathers - but whose? There are theories around that he has done this to p1ss the fanbase off but I am not buying that. His targets are AP, DL or both.     

Pardew's brain farts? Kinnear has full blown verbal diarrhea man.

Couldn't give a fuck what he says as long as Pardew feels the pressure and sorts it out.