The other games today - 2013/14

JH

How? :lol:

I'm confused as to how Bayern have been the BETTER side? They've probably had a f***ing load of possession but Chelsea have defended well and have looked the most dangerous in front of goal.

They've been the better side by quite a bit. More possession, more shots on goal, more goal attempts and the ball is rarely in their half.

All this of course means the square root of fuck all.

Chelsea have been the better side imo, defended well and they look dangerous when they come forward.

?? I'm so confused. Unbelievable to think they've been the BETTER side.

Because they have created better chances. Possession means fuckall.

I'm confused as to how Bayern have been the BETTER side? They've probably had a f***ing load of possession but Chelsea have defended well and have looked the most dangerous in front of goal.

They've been the better side by quite a bit. More possession, more shots on goal, more goal attempts and the ball is rarely in their half.

All this of course means the square root of f*** all.

End of discussion. We won't agree. I like football, you like defending.

To be honest, I think it's been a pretty even game. Bayern have had their chances too, it's not all been pointless possession.

I don't see how anyone can call it pointless possession, they've had more goal attempts and just because Chelsea have had one or two that has been more dangerous they are the better side? Been outplayed in every part of the field except for goalkeeping.

Ah man divn't make me cringe with shite like that :lol:

I would accept you football ( :lol:) if Bayer Munich's possession and shots at goal if they looked like they were going to amount to anything but they haven't. Chelsea look fairly comfortable, even with 10 men, no matter how shit it looks.

Chelsea's game plan is working, hence why I think they've been the better side, they've hardly been lucky.

Ah man divn't make me cringe with s**** like that :lol:

I would accept you football ( :lol:) if Bayer Munich's possession and shots at goal if they looked like they were going to amount to anything but they haven't. Chelsea look fairly comfortable, even with 10 men, no matter how s*** it looks.

Chelsea's game plan is working, hence why I think they've been the better side, they've hardly been lucky.

:lol: :lol:

I thought it was quite a good conclusion to our discussion. :p  I change my mind. You're right. :thup: Chelsea are winning, so their gameplan is working hence they're the better side.

Possession means f*ck all unless you create, its what you do with the ball that matters not how much of it you have.

I like to watch good football as much as the next guy but this possession >>>> all mantra which has flown around since Barca started dominating makes me cringe.

Those two Cech saves are about the amount of "clear cut chances" that Chelsea have had over Bayern all game long. Are Bayern the better side now?

Thank you.

Possession means f*ck all unless you create, its what you do with the ball that matters not how much of it you have.

I like to watch good football as much as the next guy but this possession >>>> all mantra which has flown around since Barca started dominating makes me cringe.

And this is absolute bullshit. We're not talking about Swansea under Rodgers here, we're talking about a team outplaying the other in every part of the game with far more chances than their opposition.

Those two Cech saves are about the amount of "clear cut chances" that Chelsea have had over Bayern all game long. Are Bayern the better side now?

Chelsea have stifled Munich well and looked dangerous in attack themselves, that was their gameplan and it's worked so far, that's all I've said :lol:

Munich are looking more dangerous now, aye.

At the moment they are but if a possession based team can't create chances against a team with ten men they shouldn't be playing football.

At the moment they are but if a possession based team can't create chances against a team with ten men they shouldn't be playing football.

You didn't see the first 60minutes man. It was the same story but with Chelsea countering some chances too.

Not seen the game, but does the quality of the chance not factor in all of this? Whose chances have been the more clear cut?

Were we better than West Ham at the weekend?

Not sure there was a 'better' in that game! :lol:

I don't mean to say that quality of chance would be exclusive determinative of who I thought played better/deserved a win, but what I've really liked about Aston Villa lately in their first three games, for example, is that their chances are actually a genuine threat on goal.

I think Chelsea had twice as many chances as them in their match, but I thought it a very even game which Villa were unlucky to lose.

Newcastle will have a few shots on goal against Fulham tomorrow (I hope), but I'd wager a fair few of them will be speculative efforts from unpromising positions that bobble off Shola's boot which your grandma could safely collect as it loses all momentum on its arduous journey to the goal (ie. shots which were never really going to be a goal, unless Cisse is feeling like providing us with another goal of the season contender). I think it's a valid consideration :dontknow:

You didn't see the first 60minutes man. It was the same story but with Chelsea countering some chances too.

Ok I didn't see it so I'll take your word for it. Bayern well on top now to be fair.