The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Arteta is not a big miss at all. Anonymous most of the time.

You cannot be serious.... he's one of Arsenal's most important players, none of the other midfielders have the positional sense, intelligence and decision making that he does.

He's very important to them from a defensive point of view and why they conceded so few goals from open play last season.

If controlling the tempo of the game and making sure the gap between the defence in the midfield is as small as possible is anonymous then yeah he's annoymous....

Arteta is not a big miss at all. Anonymous most of the time.

You cannot be serious.... he's one of Arsenal's most important players, none of the other midfielders have the positional sense, intelligence and decision making that he does.

He's very important to them from a defensive point of view and why they conceded so few goals from open play last season.

If controlling the tempo of the game and making sure the gap between the defence in the midfield is as small as possible is anonymous then yeah he's annoymous....

I somewhat disagree. While players like Carrick can influence the game massively in a very understated way I feel Arteta doesn't do enough to justify his hype - I've never seen him control the tempo of a game like you say. Anyway, you obviously will know best and I'm wrong.

They've been good without him. Flamini is an upgrade imo. I don't rate him highly. Flamini's a better stop gap. Arteta was always a stop-gap signing anyway.

Flamini is very limited and nowhere near as good as Arteta. Sorry but that's a ridiculous post iyam.

They've been good without him. Flamini is an upgrade imo. I don't rate him highly. Flamini's a better stop gap. Arteta was always a stop-gap signing anyway.

Flamini is very limited and nowhere near as good as Arteta. Sorry but that's a ridiculous post iyam.

Flamini fits better into the holding role than Arteta ever did.

Flamini fits better into the holding role than Arteta ever did.

Different way of playing the holding role..... that's like saying De Jong is better than De Rossi.

Just because Arteta isn't flying around like a bull in a china shop doesn't mean what he does isn't effective.

I wonder how Arsenal managed to have the 2nd best defence in the league last year and the most points of anyone in 2013 with Arteta, Mertesacker and Koscielny as their defence to midfield triangle

Because the way some are talking on here you would think they are crap.