The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Slightly rigged poll there, I reckon :lol: Justice for the poll.

Not really. People would've just watched Liverpool win again and been persuaded.

They're serious title challengers this year, mainly due to the fact it's such an open league.

Not really. People would've just watched Liverpool win again and been persuaded.

They're serious title challengers this year, mainly due to the fact it's such an open league.

Well I bet a normal sample of 100 football fans wouldn't have Liverpool on top. General consensus is it's Man City, Arsenal or Chelsea.

Well I bet a normal sample of 100 football fans wouldn't have Liverpool on top. General consensus is it's Man City, Arsenal or Chelsea.

Well, yeah. But as I say, more casual fans will have seen them go top today and been easily persuaded.

Anyway, 7% of the country think we're going to win the league so that's good enough for me.

Guest firetotheworks

it's criminal that the 'best player in the world' talk is centered entirely around goal scorers. Lahm should absolutely be considered as on the level with Ronaldo and Messi. Look at what he's won, and imo has more chance of adding to that with a world cup than messi or ronaldo.

There's a point to be made that you play in certain positions because you're one of the best players in the world, imo.

You can be the best in your position in the world, but I think you'd have to do really extraordinary things to be the out and out best player in the world and be a full back.

it's criminal that the 'best player in the world' talk is centered entirely around goal scorers. Lahm should absolutely be considered as on the level with Ronaldo and Messi. Look at what he's won, and imo has more chance of adding to that with a world cup than messi or ronaldo.

There's a point to be made that you play in certain positions because you're one of the best players in the world, imo.

You can be the best in your position in the world, but I think you'd have to do really extraordinary things to be the out and out best player in the world and be a full back.

Attackers will always > defenders even though you could argue Lahm is the best player in the world in 3 different position.

Guest firetotheworks

Attackers will always > defenders even though you could argue Lahm is the best player in the world in 3 different position.

I think he'd have to become the best player in centre mid to be seen as one of very best overall in the world. He's outstanding like, obviously that goes without saying.

Football league show uses as many euphemisms as possible to say football fans are apparently to working class to accept gay footballers

Coverage to make MOTD look good, the basic argument he was using was 'football fans are harder than rugby and cricket fans so footballers can't come out' what a load of rubbish.