The other games today - 2013/14

JH

I do enjoy watching De Gea humping the ball into the opposition half instead of working it from the back like Barca, Man City, Bayern, Newcastle ect....

Guest bimpy474

I do enjoy watching De Gea humping the ball into the opposition half instead of working it from the back like Barca, Man City, Bayern, Newcastle ect....

Sneaky....:lol:

:lol: Real talk, though. What's it like? Not trusting the manager for the first time in your life.

I'm finding it hard to explain to people right now. I'm determined to stick by Moyes. I want the longevity and I believe he can be successful at Manchester United. However, it's the simplest of tactical decisions that he just isn't making. I don't understand it. I can maybe, maybe come to accept that he doesn't rate Kagawa, some managers just don't fancy a player. He's making mistakes all over though with numerous players and they just seem so glaringly obvious that it's hard to come out and support him afterwards.

I mean, I'm never ever an expert at this sport, but what was it about his Everton run that makes you think he's the guy?

He did a very good job at Everton IMO, but his record against the top teams is something that surely would frighten any Man U fan?

That and the fact that Everton are way better now than when he was there.

You have to give Moyes credit for where Everton are now like. They also aren't "way better" now compared to when Moyes was there either, they are sixth now (with a game in hand, tbf) and they finished sixth last season.

That awful title winning by 11 points squad.

Nah I think Ferguson was even better than many give him credit for. Unfortunately.

You can just see the fear and lack of belief in the eyes of the very same players without him. They just don't believe in Moyes yet, was inevitable after a poor start I suppose.

Guest bimpy474

Nah I think Ferguson was even better than many give him credit for. Unfortunately.

You can just see the fear and lack of belief in the eyes of the very same players without him. They just don't believe in Moyes yet, was inevitable I suppose.

Also Fergie wanted someone like himself to take over, he saw that it in Moyes but maybe that was a mistake. The players may have needed someone very different from Fergie, not someone trying to be him.

:lol: Real talk, though. What's it like? Not trusting the manager for the first time in your life.

I'm finding it hard to explain to people right now. I'm determined to stick by Moyes. I want the longevity and I believe he can be successful at Manchester United. However, it's the simplest of tactical decisions that he just isn't making. I don't understand it. I can maybe, maybe come to accept that he doesn't rate Kagawa, some managers just don't fancy a player. He's making mistakes all over though with numerous players and they just seem so glaringly obvious that it's hard to come out and support him afterwards.

I mean, I'm never ever an expert at this sport, but what was it about his Everton run that makes you think he's the guy?

He did a very good job at Everton IMO, but his record against the top teams is something that surely would frighten any Man U fan?

You have to give Moyes credit for where Everton are now like. They also aren't "way better" now compared to when Moyes was there either, they are sixth now (with a game in hand, tbf) and they finished sixth last season.

and a lot of it is built on the good work of Moyes, sure Martinez has improved the quality of the football in an attacking sense (not that Evertons football was bad last season mind) but the defense is Moyes work.

Wonder if the pundits will be so accepting of Suarez diving if it gets England knocked out the WC?

depends on how likely he is to stay at Liverpool in the summer, if he is staying (and taking into account the sheer amount of Liverpool connected pundits) then they'll let it go. Opposite if Real Madrid get bored and want someone new to show off

that was down to Fergies brilliance and general incompetence of those around them, neithers a factor this season

Not trying to downplay Fergie's brilliance but a top quality coach like Mourinho would have this squad in title winning contention.

Moyes is just a negative, inept manager out of his depth. While the squad was not as good as Fergie made it look its not as bad as Moyes is making it look either.

They would be wise to get rid and get a positive manager who can actually do something with these players because despite popular believe its still a squad of quality players which needs strengthening sure but not to the extent people are saying.

Stay with Moyes and no matter who they buy they won't be in title contention again.... Mourinho, Pellegrini and Wenger are just leagues ahead.

Off topic, but does Italian football start on SKY this week ?

Just Coppa Italia QFs.

Had no idea Sky had acquired Coppa Italia rights.

4 quite good looking games iirc. :thup:

Just had a quick look and Roma-Juve is live on Tuesday, canny.

that was down to Fergies brilliance and general incompetence of those around them, neithers a factor this season

Not trying to downplay Fergie's brilliance but a top quality coach like Mourinho would have this squad in title winning contention.

Moyes is just a negative, inept manager out of his depth. While the squad was not as good as Fergie made it look its not as bad as Moyes is making it look either.

They would be wise to get rid and get a positive manager who can actually do something with these players because despite popular believe its still a squad of quality players which needs strengthening sure but not to the extent people are saying.

Stay with Moyes and no matter who they buy they won't be in title contention again.... Mourinho, Pellegrini and Wenger are just leagues ahead.

I really think it is. Simply put how many of that side would get into our first 11? Rooney and RVP when fit for sure but the rest? And its been obvious for years and every man and his dog has said it that man utd midfield is diabolical

and a lot of it is built on the good work of Moyes, sure Martinez has improved the quality of the football in an attacking sense (not that Evertons football was bad last season mind) but the defense is Moyes work.

Both the above are fair posts. I would certainly agree that Moyes left Everton in a far better state than he found it, and he took them to a decent level. But I think this season they are considerably better than they have been for the last few seasons. He's a decent manager but not much more than that imo and I think he was always going to struggle to keep Man U at the level they were at, let alone improve them.

Off topic, but does Italian football start on SKY this week ?

Just Coppa Italia QFs.

Had no idea Sky had acquired Coppa Italia rights.

4 quite good looking games iirc. :thup:

Just had a quick look and Roma-Juve is live on Tuesday, canny.

oooh much better than the non event that is the City match

I really think it is. Simply put how many of that side would get into our first 11? Rooney and RVP when fit for sure but the rest? And its been obvious for years and every man and his dog has said it that man utd midfield is diabolical

Kagawa, Carrick, Vidic or any of their other CBs, De Gea, Evra and any of their wingers except Young.

Also the midfield was always irrelevant under Fergie because he never used it he would just attack the wings all game long problem with that though is Moyes teams are too slow in their build up and tempo so its nowhere near as effective.

People can talk about transfers and players all they want.... but what point is it when you have a negative manager with a loser mentality which isn't fit for a club which expect trophies.

They would improve drastically with a quality coach who is positive and knows how to win of that i'm certain

mackem-tastic this post, but my "combined eleven" would something like this:

De Gea

Debuchy Vidic Coloccini Santon

Anita Carrick

Ben Arfa    Rooney    Remy

Van Persie

Could easily have fitted in a few more NUFC players like Cabaye, Tiote and Krul.

mackem-tastic this post, but my "combined eleven" would something like this:

De Gea

Debuchy Vidic Coloccini Santon

Anita Carrick

Ben Arfa    Rooney    Remy

Van Persie

Could easily have fitted in a few more NUFC players like Cabaye, Tiote and Krul.

I think Cabaye is better than Anita and Carrick tbh. Santon probably isn't as good as Evra

I really fucking love Anita like, and I don't like Cabaye as much in the holding midfield role. Was painful watching him play as a third CB last season :anguish:

Left back certainly sticks out like a sore thumb, went with Santon because he's got age on his side whereas Evra isn't getting any better.