The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Guest Roger Kint

Personally think LW has cost On It's Own the race. Very tight.

What happened in the background with Conti & BW? Bobs Worth clearly jumped away as if he got cut off as well allbeit far too late to make a difference.

Cant see them changing it but was very close to it

Guest Roger Kint

Bet365 pay out on first past the post. Get in! Had a huge €1.50 each-way on Lord Windemere :lol:

All bookies do dont they?

Guest Spark

Bet365 pay out on first past the post. Get in! Had a huge €1.50 each-way on Lord Windemere :lol:

Wasn't sure because I've had Betfair take money off me in the past.

Guest Roger Kint

Betfair is an exchange so may well have different rules but actual bookies pay out

Guest Roger Kint

(as someone who knows next to nowt about horse racing)

What exactly happens if the steward's inquiry is held up, in terms of the race result?

If its deemed nothing was wrong(or not enough to affect the result) the placing stand.

If its deemed to have cost On Its Own the race those placings would be reversed. Presumably theres no effect on The Giant Bolster regardless so it will keep 3rd no matter what

Aye high street bookies will pay first past the post.

Personally think LW has cost On It's Own the race. Very tight.

What happened in the background with Conti & BW? Bobs Worth clearly jumped away as if he got cut off as well allbeit far too late to make a difference.

Cant see them changing it but was very close to it

Conti took Bob's Worth left, then Conti went other way and Bobs Worth began to follow it then changed it's mind and jinked. Both were well beaten, like.

Guest Spark

Betfair is an exchange so may well have different rules but actual bookies pay out

Yeah, good stuff. 33/1!

Guest Roger Kint

Avoided the next as it looks a poor race. Considered a small ew bet on Shy John but its not very appealing