The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

So, anyone care to tell me why Dag and Red are 17/10 today?

It appears the answer is that they can't defend, despite being unbeaten at home.

This afternoon is firmly belonging to the bookies unless things drastically change.

Stevenage to beat Brentford at home. Although they're struggling second from bottom, Stevenage had a good win against MK Dons at home in the JPT on Tuesday night. Brentford come into this one on the back of two defeats and to get 3/1 for Stevenage at home is huge value.

My other one for today is Exeter. They play Hartlepool at home and although Hartlepool had a great win at Mansfield last weekend, I just can't see past Exeter for this one. They've won their last two and have a chance to go top today should they win. Hartlepool on the other hand have really been struggling until the last week, they find themselves 19th with just two league wins in 10 outings this season. At 5/4 I think Exeter are excellent value.

Main bet of Stevenage came in, a bit dissapointed I never put them to win with BTTS as that was 6/1! Exeter can just do one, straight onto my avoid list although I think I may have under estimated Hartlepools latest revival.

If you had just won that much, wouldn't the money be paid to you a different way as opposed to straight into your online account? Always thought for transactions of any kind which were more than £5,000/£10,000 or so, you'd do it via a 'trader'?

Plus, as Colin points out, to be able to put £50 on a 2800/1 shows you're already completely loaded. Either that or completely mad.

Still, if real, I won't knock anyone who takes that much money off a bookie.

Dag & Red bet was void. :lol: Get in.

========

Fair play, GB. Tremendous win, that. Maintain he's still either completely loaded beforehand / mad to put a stake like that on a 2800/1 bet, but there you go. That's why he's £140,000 richer and I'm not.

(My sheer cynicism says there's still a chance it's an elaborate marketing ploy with WH in on it. :lol:)

Guest Roger Kint

Dag & Red bet was void. :lol: Get in.

========

Fair play, GB. Tremendous win, that. Maintain he's still either completely loaded beforehand / mad to put a stake like that on a 2800/1 bet, but there you go. That's why he's £140,000 richer and I'm not.

Says Spurs cost him £137k last weekend 9/10 PL results came in. Guess he does it a lot so well done to him for winning one.