The pitch didn't really help, the grass was a bit long

We got stronger as the game went on which was pleasing

We're building up nicely

Wasn't the first team that started, it's still to be decided

Jonas did really well

Debuchy, Cabaye were excellent

We deserved to win but goal wouldn't come

Krul will be fit for City but might not be 'ready', hopefully will be

Remy hasn't trained for three weeks, won't train before Braga but will be announced before the game

"There are no excuses this year"

Guest bimpy474

The old grass was too long, is that on the list ? :lol:

We really need a new thread about this (named "There are no excuses this year") with updated OP after every game. Missed a trick with it last year.

:lol: very true.

Do think our pre season fixtures have been pretty shocking. Most other clubs atleast play sides that would challenge them mid season in the run up, its no wonder ours look half arsed when we're fighting it out with motherwell & St mirren.

Dunno what you're talking about. Considering the results we have been amply challenged. :lol:

Or werent motivated to play well against the opposition we faced. In the mind of a player i can imagine a certain satisfaction gained from testing yourself against a quality player, preseason or whenever. Not quite the same as squaring up to Ian Black of Heart of midlothian fame. They should be more professional but i doubt the adrenalines pumping like.

Just back from the game honest view is if that is anything to go by then a spanking is on the cards against City and it's going to be a long hard season. Rangers are a bunch of kids and a third tier Scottish club remember this was mainly the team that lost to the mighty Forfar at the weekend

Same shite different day Jonas and tote are fucking liabilities and the striking options are fucking non existent ATM

Just back from the game honest view is if that is anything to go by then a spanking is on the cards against City and it's going to be a long hard season. Rangers are a bunch of kids and a third tier Scottish club remember this was mainly the team that lost to the mighty Forfar at the weekend

Same shite different day Jonas and tote are fucking liabilities and the striking options are fucking non existent ATM

What are you talking about man. Jonas is "back to his best" according to Mr.Manager :)

Guest alijmitchell

Just back in from the game.  With our so called "purple" players on we were terrible.  We have started exactly how we left off last season, bereft of ideas, no service, poor defending from the wings.

Got better towards middle of second half when the so called younger/squad players were brought on.

I'm convinced no matter who we bring in player wise we will be as poor with this current coaching/manager set up.

Tonight was depressing.

Fantastic. :neutral:

Sorry to sound like a miserable git but it was p*ss poor.  Everyone standing around me was just sickened by the performance.  Only good thing was banter with Raylor who was in the crowd and some funny chants towards the Rangers fan.

A spade is a spade mate. I'd have loved you to come on here and tell us we'd played really well, knocked it about and created loads of chances but if we didn't then we didn't. Pretending nothing's wrong gets you absolutely nowhere. :thup:

Was also at the game. I'd just like to echo what was said above. We created nothing whatsoever for Cisse 1st half, and were roasted on the break a few times by what looked like 17 year old boys. Second half was much improved when Anita, Shola, Marv and Sammy came on. MYM gifted them the ball around 3-4 times in dangerous areas. Worryingly bad!

Guest alijmitchell

Jonas did actually look our best player 1st half. He was the only player that attacked the box, and won a couple of corners, put in one decent cross. Unfortunately. Because I detest him. Worst players were really Cab - Siss - Tiote.

Completely agree with that and if PSG want to offer 20m for Cabaye I'd drive him there myself...he has gradually got worse and worse over the last 12 months. It is indeed worryingly bad no point in all in signing strikers if we give them absolutely nil service.......Falcao, Cavani and Ibrahimovic would fail to score in our team

What's up with Ben Arfa for those who were there? Did he look in any condition to start the season?

Did Sissoko play wide right with Ben Arfa inside?

Ben Arfa didn't look fit at all too many misplaced passes

Same old. Not fit, everyone else's fault but his.

What's up with Ben Arfa for those who were there? Did he look in any condition to start the season?

Ben Arfa didn't look fit at all too many misplaced passes

Same old. Not fit, everyone else's fault but his.

Yeah his levels of consistency are poles apart when he's good he's fantastic and unplayable when he's not on it he's very average....complete enigma of a player

Guest alijmitchell

Ben Arfa didn't look very sharp tbh apart from one shot from about 35 yards that flew inches over. As for positions, I honestly don't think anyone knew what was going on tonight, but from what I saw, Ben Arfa played the majority of the game cutting in from the right and Sissoko tried to pop up everywhere - even left occasionally. For large parts of the 2nd half, Siss was in the target man role when Elliot was hitting it forward, to win the headers I guess.