Rangers 1 - 1 Newcastle United - pretend you know how it went from page 18

Decky

Guest icemanblue

so in conclusion brett, inochi & ian know no more than the rest of us about how we played last night but choose to believe it was good enough and aren't particularly bothered that we can only draw 1-1 with a third tier scottish team

Give it a rest, man, you saddo.

is it not right?  there's conflicting reports about who played where, and how we played overall no?  so the only thing we really know is the team, opposition and result

That's exactly what I've been saying FFS. But you made up this thing about 'Ian chooses to believe it was good enough'.

hold on, am i not being accused of ultra-negativity, in fact don't you decry the negativity at every opportunity?  if i'm choosing that then you're certainly choosing to see the positives are you not?  given that neither of us saw the game and all we know is we couldn't beat fucking rangers

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, except generally choosing to believe the worst. I didn't see the game, neither did most people.

I'm saying drawing 1-1 with Rangers is positive, I'm saying there are positives to look forward to in the coming season in general.

I'm saying there are positives to look forward to in the coming season in general.

ok gotcha, i don't see them tbh

No worries, each to their own. I'm not going to bother explaining my position every other day.

have it in a sig or something, would be super-efficient :lol:

I'm saying there are positives to look forward to in the coming season in general.

ok gotcha, i don't see them tbh

No worries, each to their own. I'm not going to bother explaining my position every other day.

have it in a sig or something, would be super-efficient :lol:

:lol:

Not a bad idea that.

Guest Roger Kint

Have watched the highlights(allbeit from a Rangers site so mostly their attacks) we created a few decent chances, didnt show the Cabaye disallowed goal mind or too much to suggest who played where for the most part. Even had a nice corner chance saved. Colo looked very poor every time they went forward, Shola took his goal well and Elliott made a couple of nice saves. The little i have read from Caulkin and the like it sounds as though we are slowly starting to play half decent, be nice to see it over 90 minutes rather than trust their words mind. Guessing braga wont be anywhere live :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Looked like a very soft pen for them. Although hard to say if their was contact from Colo given the low quality footage.

We were gifted our goal as well

I wasnt sure if it was a fix or not at first the defender was that bad :lol:

Was at the game last night and was quite optimistic of seeing a good performance since Pardew had probably his preferred first XI....how disappointed was I!! 1st half we lined up 4-3-3 with Ben Arfa and Jonas out wide and Sissoko in the no. 10 role although when our 2 wide players end up playing as deep as Pardew wants them to it was more like a 4-4-1-1.

We did play some decent stuff in the first half but just like last season we lacked any killer instinct, happily passing from side to side hoping someone can create a chance!!! Jonas was probably our most dangerous outlet, leaving their full back trailing on numerous occasions but as usual had no end product to cause any danger!! Ben Arfa doesnt look ready at all for the new season, not sharp enough and was easily pushed off the ball quite a few times, although he did have one excellent effort fly just inches over the bar.

2nd half we changed formation to 4-4-2,  this is when Sissoko moved out to the right and Gouffran went up top with Cisse. We were absolutely rotten after this with Rangers looking the most likely to get a 2nd goal. Cabaye spent most of the game more intent on trying to kick players and Tiote was reasonably quiet until he almost took 2 players clean out within seconds before he was subbed!! The 2nd half improved when the subs came on for the last 10/15 mins, Sammy Ameobi had a few decent runs down the left forcing a few corners but even so our goal came from an error by the rangers full back.

Overall it was a poor performance, struggling to create clear cut chances and relying on long range efforts, must say Debuchy's volley from our corner in the 1st half was a great effort...unfortunately it was straight at the keeper as anywhere else would have left him no chance. Maybe the players were expecting a walkover but Rangers more than matched us and even gave our defence a fair few problems....big improvement needed for the new season!!!

So Sissoko didn't even start on the right? Interesting.

It's all quite worrying really, as it doesn't seem there's any idea of how we are going to lineup once the season kicks off.

Guest bimpy474

Was at the game last night and was quite optimistic of seeing a good performance since Pardew had probably his preferred first XI....how disappointed was I!! 1st half we lined up 4-3-3 with Ben Arfa and Jonas out wide and Sissoko in the no. 10 role although when our 2 wide players end up playing as deep as Pardew wants them to it was more like a 4-4-1-1.

We did play some decent stuff in the first half but just like last season we lacked any killer instinct, happily passing from side to side hoping someone can create a chance!!! Jonas was probably our most dangerous outlet, leaving their full back trailing on numerous occasions but as usual had no end product to cause any danger!! Ben Arfa doesnt look ready at all for the new season, not sharp enough and was easily pushed off the ball quite a few times, although he did have one excellent effort fly just inches over the bar.

2nd half we changed formation to 4-4-2,  this is when Sissoko moved out to the right and Gouffran went up top with Cisse. We were absolutely rotten after this with Rangers looking the most likely to get a 2nd goal. Cabaye spent most of the game more intent on trying to kick players and Tiote was reasonably quiet until he almost took 2 players clean out within seconds before he was subbed!! The 2nd half improved when the subs came on for the last 10/15 mins, Sammy Ameobi had a few decent runs down the left forcing a few corners but even so our goal came from an error by the rangers full back.

Overall it was a poor performance, struggling to create clear cut chances and relying on long range efforts, must say Debuchy's volley from our corner in the 1st half was a great effort...unfortunately it was straight at the keeper as anywhere else would have left him no chance. Maybe the players were expecting a walkover but Rangers more than matched us and even gave our defence a fair few problems....big improvement needed for the new season!!!

Cheers for your perspective ;) and this isn't to doubt you by the way. It's funny how you saw the game as us being better in the first half, yet Pards thinks it was the other way round.

Football is such an opinions game it's untrue.

Cheers for your perspective ;) and this isn't to doubt you by the way. It's funny how you saw the game as us being better in the first half, yet Pards thinks it was the other way round.

Yeah its definitely an opinions game although quite worrying when Pardew manages to see things differently, especially when we only looked dangerous for the last 10/15 mins of the 2nd half, which by this time both teams had made a number of changes and Rangers had taken off most of their first team!!

so in conclusion brett, inochi & ian know no more than the rest of us about how we played last night but choose to believe it was good enough and aren't particularly bothered that we can only draw 1-1 with a third tier scottish team

Well clearly you have to chose to believe what you want to believe regarding my opinons on last night's match as i've simply chosen nothing of the sort of which you've suggested  :p

Baffling to draw such conclusions on tactics or the style of play we were using when you haven’t even watched the game yourself or let alone listened to it.

but with it being pre-season it's normal for things to be getting shuffled about. It's a slight worry we couldn't gain a win against Rangers.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah its definitely an opinions game although quite worrying when Pardew manages to see things differently, especially when we only looked dangerous for the last 10/15 mins of the 2nd half, which by this time both teams had made a number of changes and Rangers had taken off most of their first team!!

I'm worried about our lack of chances, we seem to make very few from opening teams up and with our set pieces being the worst i've ever seen in history. I just dont see goals flowing from us.

We did play some decent stuff in the first half but just like last season we lacked any killer instinct, happily passing from side to side hoping someone can create a chance!!!

this was a chronic problem last season, does not bode well

Sissoko aside (and even him not that much) we have no players who want to run past the striker.

Jonas (yes he's shit disclaimer) prefers to drop back and receive to feet.

HBA see above

Cabaye see above

Tiote see above

Of course we look fairly impotent most of the time.

It's no surprise Gouffran stood out more than he should have last season because he did occasionally make runs.

It's safe football with little risks involved hence why it doesn't get us that far.

only your second quote is relevant, i said "aren't particularly bothered" and you said it was a "slight concern"

splitting hairs tbh

Oh sorry should a pre-season friendly draw against Rangers have me shitting bricks, my apologies sir. Carry on then.

only your second quote is relevant, i said "aren't particularly bothered" and you said it was a "slight concern"

splitting hairs tbh

Oh sorry should a pre-season friendly draw against Rangers have me shitting bricks, my apologies sir. Carry on then.

i don't know what point you're making, you quoted me then quoted yourself presumably in an attempt to show my quote was wrong...i was saying it wasn't really