Morecambe vs. Newcastle United - 28/08/13 @ 7.45pm (Sky Sports 4)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

The tactics at Brighton, by the manager's own admission, were to keep it tight for 75 minutes and then 'unleash some magic' by bringing on Marveaux and trying to maybe nick the game.

Incredible wasn't it? Employing the same tactics against Benfica and Brighton.

Guest Roger Kint

Striker.  Capped by England at U16 level.

Was he the tiny one who played DM in that Milk Cup last year?

Dont think so, he's only played up top from the reports and match clips on NUFC TV. I could have missed a few mind.

There was a 15 year old striker playing DM mind, sure he was called Armstrong.

Full strength and go for a win. Nothing else will do.

Surely as long as you get through with minimal amount of squad damage, it's a good night. The aim is just to be in the next round, that's all that will do regardless of who is selected.

Guest bimpy474

Dont think so, he's only played up top from the reports and match clips on NUFC TV. I could have missed a few mind.

Could be then Rog, like i say i've missed a couple of the news bits and highlights. I know they think a lot of him, mind you they've said that about quite a few.

Surely as long as you get through with minimal amount of squad damage, it's a good night. The aim is just to be in the next round, that's all that will do regardless of who is selected.

The games don't exist in isolation though. The players need some goals and confidence. They won't get any of that from sitting at home whilst the reserves squeeze through.

Guest Roger Kint

Could be then Rog, like i say i've missed a couple of the news bits and highlights. I know they think a lot of him, mind you they've said that about quite a few.

Just checked and it was him playing DM, hope he has sprouted up then. Made Campbell look tall then :lol:

Guest bimpy474

I think it's more about maximizing your chances, not reducing them by playing a suppose weaker team  :undecided:

I don't see what he's said wrong this time tbh. As bad as Pardew's been, some of these fringe players have let themselves down in the cups in particular. If players like Vuckic, Sammy, Gosling want a future here, they should be going out and giving everything tonight. They're at the age now where they should be pushing for a place. If they can't handle a bit of pressure being put on them, they shouldn't be here.

Yeah, but all of our players look shit in this team.

Guest bimpy474

Just checked and it was him playing DM, hope he has sprouted up then. Made Campbell look tall then :lol:

:lol: he never looked that small when you see the highlights of him up top, weird.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: he never looked that small when you see the highlights of him up top, weird.

This was over a year ago remember, he must have grown :lol:

The games don't exist in isolation though. The players need some goals and confidence. They won't get any of that from sitting at home whilst the reserves squeeze through.

Quite possibly, but your also running the risk of injuring a Ben Arfa for Saturday or longer. Liverpool lost Toure/Allen/Cissokho though injury, easily done. Could have been a Sturridge or Gerrard. I’d prefer we went through with the kids out but obviously that carries a bigger risk of going out, a mixture of both would suffice for me. I don’t fancy seeing HBA playing that’s for sure though.

The aim should be to get through, put out a side that will win the game and then win on Saturday against Fulham. There are more than enough fringe squad players to do all of those against mighty Morecambe. Provided that the squad and teams are managed well in all aspects over the next few days, and that's where I have my doubts and so does Pardew.

‘I do feel if you carry a squad of 22-23 professional players and you don’t use eight of them, that’s wrong. We have paid something in the region of £15-16m on young players at this club and they really need to come to the fore now.

‘I feel last year they didn’t do themselves justice in the Premier League when they played and in the cup competitions. That’s not good enough. If they don’t do it this year, we’ll draw a line under one or two of them. It’s a big game for one or two individuals, who we think are good enough to play in the Premier League, but haven’t shown it.

‘I expect to win with the team I put it out, trust me. I wouldn’t pick it otherwise, but these young players have to come to the fore. The players are under a bit of pressure and they have to react to that.’

:lol: Never encountered anyone so clueless when it comes to nurturing youth.

Quite possibly, but your also running the risk of injuring a Ben Arfa for Saturday or longer. Liverpool lost Toure/Allen/Cissokho though injury, easily done. Could have been a Sturridge or Gerrard. I’d prefer we went through with the kids out but obviously that carries a bigger risk of going out, a mixture of both would suffice for me. I don’t fancy seeing HBA playing that’s for sure though.

When Ben Arfa's walking down the street, he could trip and break his leg, or someone could crash into his car. We can't make him a Bubble Boy ( "Moops!" )

I just don't subscribe to the theory that we must wrap players in cotton wool as much as possible. We treat footballers as if playing football is the absolute worst thing they can do for their health and I'm bloody sick of it.

A risk ffs. I watch football to be entertained by my team playing good stuff and scoring goals, not to watch some blokes not getting injured. "Great game tonight, awful drab football but wow, they all looked fine at the end"

Good God man.

I think the side needs freshening up anyway so playing a mixture of senior players and fringe/youngsters is a good idea, as long as it's balanced and we don't end up with Vuckic playing wide or anything daft like that.

I would however include Hatem and (don't laugh) Shola on the bench to bring on through if things aren't going well. Shola's shown he's basically a flat-track bully against these shit sides however I wouldn't want to see him start after Saturday.

Guest Roger Kint

Krul

Debuchy Colo Willo Dummett

Tiote Bigi

Marveaux  Gosling  Sammy

Gouffran

Would be a bit shocking to give Mapou the armband then drop him like.

When Ben Arfa's walking down the street, he could trip and break his leg, or someone could crash into his car. We can't make him a Bubble Boy ( "Moops!" )

I just don't subscribe to the theory that we must wrap players in cotton wool as much as possible. We treat footballers as if playing football is the absolute worst thing they can do for their health and I'm bloody sick of it.

A risk ffs. I watch football to be entertained by my team playing good stuff and scoring goals, not to watch some blokes not getting injured. "Great game tonight, awful drab football but wow, they all looked fine at the end"

Good God man.

Certain players with a history record like Ben Arfa's don't need to play in games like this? Half the people on here were furious when he got injured in an away leg of the Europa Cup and sure enough Pardew took all the blame for it on here for selecting him, now he should be starting against Morecambe!

Good God man.

Guest bimpy474

Good God man.

I'm with this, play our strongest team injury risking or not, there's nothing to say Ben Arfa or whoever wont get inured after two minutes against Fulham. Lets play well and win a by few goals. Take that confidence into the Fulham game. Something we haven't done for..........god knows.

Guest icemanblue

Good God man.

Certain players with a history record like Ben Arfa's don't need to play in games like this? Half the people on here were furious when he got injured in an away leg of the Europa Cup and sure enough Pardew took all the blame for it on here for selecting him, now he should be starting against Morecambe!

Good God man.

There is no winning with some, like. The club will always be doing something wrong. This doesn't apply when things are going well, I should add. Although, I'm not sure if that applies to Wullie, like.