NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lol @ loaning him back

If he's going to be replacing Cabaye and Cabaye's not leaving until the summer, I don't see the problem with this idea.

The idea we would spend money on a player then loan him back, we aint Chelsea or Man City

But we know we'd be getting more than that back in the summer when Cabaye goes.

Yes but Ashley isn't the kind of man to spend money on a player then loan him back again, maybe if it helps save a bit of money on the transfer but otherwise just cannot imagine it.

Lol @ loaning him back

If he's going to be replacing Cabaye and Cabaye's not leaving until the summer, I don't see the problem with this idea.

Makes far to much sense for us to do this.

Lol @ loaning him back

It makes fuck all sense to spend money we have little of (apparently) then not to utilise the player we've bought.

Lol @ loaning him back

It makes f*** all sense to spend money we have little of (apparently) then not to utilise the player we've bought.

Oh yeah we arent Chelsea

This place at times man. :lol:

We moan if we sell then are left scrambling about signing a replacement, and we moan at the idea of buying the replacement 6 months early while Cabaye is still at the club and send him back until the summer. Ridiculous.

Guest reefatoon

We moan if we sell then are left scrambling about signing a replacement, and we moan at the idea of buying the replacement 6 months early while Cabaye is still at the club and send him back until the summer. Ridiculous.

I think it has more to do with the club spending what precious resource it has on a player then not having him available for 6 months.  That sounds a lot more ridiculous.

I think it has more to do with the club spending what precious resource it has on a player then not having him available for 6 months.  That sounds a lot more ridiculous.

But that money would be spent in July/August anyway once we have the Cabaye money. What difference does it make? At least if we get him now, it's one less thing to stress or worry about in the summer.

But that money would be spent in July/August anyway once we have the Cabaye money. What difference does it make? At least if we get him now, it's one less thing to stress or worry about in the summer.

What if no-one bids for Cabaye, why are you so intent on trying to bankrupt the club? ;)

Guest Roger Kint

Its the constant 'we have no money' shit that gets me. The massive difference between refusing to spend fuck all and not having it is lost on too many :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Its the constant 'we have no money' s*** that gets me. The massive difference between refusing to spend f*** all and not having it is lost on too many :lol:

No difference at all at the end of the day, whether we have no money or Ashley refusing to spend, it all adds up to the exact same thing. Fuck all money spent on players.

Its the constant 'we have no money' s*** that gets me. The massive difference between refusing to spend f*** all and not having it is lost on too many :lol:

That whole thing is fine by me, it's all about bargaining position. I'd rather play the "were skint" card than go around saying we're loaded, because the latter won't help get deals done at good value which given the owner ain't going to fund marquee signings, the further the clubs cash can go the better..

Say Cabella's meant to be Cabaye's replacement and Gomis is meant to be Cisse's replacement - it would be so much better to get them in now than in the summer. You've only got to look at Gouffran and Debuchy to see the benefits of giving them half a season to bed in.

Say Cabella's meant to be Cabaye's replacement and Gomis is meant to be Cisse's replacement - it would be so much better to get them in now than in the summer. You've only got to look at Gouffran and Debuchy to see the benefits of giving them half a season to bed in.

At the same time though, if we are that keen on Cabella to be Cabaye's replacement and Montpellier won't sell until the summer, I'd sooner get him signed, loan him back knowing we don't have to worry about this in the summer, than getting our second or third choice now, in the knowledge that we still have Cabaye until he arrives.

If Cabaye was leaving this month then that would be different.

I am not to sure Cabella is to replace Cabaye in terms on playing as a CM, he is who we will want to spend the Cabaye money on.

As for Gomis I don't think we are interested anymore or he would be here alreay.

Aye, but think about the wages saved if we wait six months to get them :fwap:

Guest Roger Kint

No difference at all at the end of the day

To this place it would :lol: