NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

"Its a massive transfer window and we aim to rebuild the squad" The King  :icon_king:

:tumbleweed:

When did he come out with that lie?

Said it a canny few times from the last few weeks of the season onwards iirc.

I know I've heard him come out with similar just it would be useful to find a link to when he's said it. Might make a canny banner for next season after the inevitable shambles of a transfer window!

First google hit is from February :lol:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/pardew-expects-massive-newcastle-squad-changes-4009749

Guest Geordiesned

"Its a massive transfer window and we aim to rebuild the squad" The King  :icon_king:

I know I've heard him come out with similar just it would be useful to find a link to when he's said it. Might make a canny banner for next season after the inevitable shambles of a transfer window!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/pardew-expects-massive-newcastle-squad-changes-4009749

Ah everything will be fine. The King said "attacking department an area that is going to be addressed for sure".

Guest Roger Kint

Ah everything will be fine. The King said "for sure".

18 months of planning to replace Ba and we are 49 days til the opening day with no sign of a striker over the line. Since they are clearly struggling to sell ST's you would have thought some encouragement would go a long way :yao:

Guest Roger Kint

Remember when West Ham released Carlton Cole, went looking for a striker, failed and then asked him to come back?

:llorente?:

If we are going to sign a shit striker on a free i would guess Samaras or the Danish Pele would be before him

I don't see how it would be the end of Ashley at all, nobody has ever been able to give a good reason for that thinking. If anything it would mean another year to get us back up and profitable again.

He only cares about money and exposure for his shops and there is zero of either down there. Knowing how much he hates us, he'd see it as the perfect time to sell us to some Nigerians via email.

There's also no proof at all that he'd spend money to get us back up. He didn't last time, quite the opposite in fact. We came back up because we were already too good to be there and we had Hughton (who he sacked for being nice and liking the fans).

Guest Roger Kint

from what we've seen to date does anyone think ashley will be selling the club for less than the 2XXm or whatever he's invested?  if we go down he'd hold on like last time, no doubt in my mind

:thup: No reason to think otherwise at all

I still think we are being fattened up (for want of a better phrase) to be sold next summer. He'll have made enough back from the TV money at that point for his loan to be paid back and he's hoping that this campaign, we'll somehow completely fluke staying up with next to no investment.

Said it before and I'll say it again, this club has been dying a slow death since he bought it back in 2007. What will be left when he eventually fucks off though? That's anyone's guess.

Guest Roger Kint

He tried to sell us last time. There's one/another reason.

That was the summer before we went down

I still think we are being fattened up (for want of a better phrase) to be sold next summer. He'll have made enough back from the TV money at that point for his loan to be paid back and he's hoping that this campaign, we'll somehow completely fluke staying up with next to no investment.

Said it before and I'll say it again, this club has been dying a slow death since he bought it back in 2007. What will be left when he eventually fucks off though? That's anyone's guess.

was just talking about this with a lad at work, lets assume we sell debuchy this summer, maybe krul and sissoko too plus the unwanteds and we go on to post a record profit....

is he trying to set the club up as an attractive proposition to buyers in that it's profitable?  if so he'd have to be selling to someone fucking stupid 'cause they'd be buying the equivalent of the house at the end of blazing saddles that just collapse as there's nothing but a front supported by rickety pieces of wood

was just talking about this with a lad at work, lets assume we sell debuchy this summer, maybe krul and sissoko too plus the unwanteds and we go on to post a record profit....

is he trying to set the club up as an attractive proposition to buyers in that it's profitable?  if so he'd have to be selling to someone fucking stupid 'cause they'd be buying the equivalent of the house at the end of blazing saddles that just collapse as there's nothing but a front supported by rickety pieces of wood

Me personally, I think he wants his loan back asap and he'll then seek to sell us - as a PL club but one that has been hollowed out from the inside. TV money will be the major attraction for a new buyer, but it's still going to need significant investment to rebuild after Ashley has finished with us.

I've also believed that it's personal on his part (towards us) and has been since Keegan resigned.

He'll never sell us, buying us was the best thing he's ever done. It's no coincidence how much sports direct has grown since he got his hands on us. He won't let that go. He's got us exactly where he wants us and unless a daft offer say £300m plus debts paid comes in he's going nowhere.

I don't even think a relegation will see him off. He knows he can sell all our players, buy cheap and bring in free and come back up without much hassle. It cost him, well us £30m last time, it wouldn't cost him this time due to the wage bill being so low and us having more sellable assets.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Ashley family own us for the next couple of generations.

Guest Roger Kint

Me personally, I think he wants his loan back asap and he'll then seek to sell us - as a PL club but one that has been hollowed out from the inside. TV money will be the major attraction for a new buyer, but it's still going to need significant investment to rebuild after Ashley has finished with us.

I've also believed that it's personal on his part (towards us) and has been since Keegan resigned.

Even if we assumed that could happen. Be at least a month before those deals are done, maybe another month to sell(being massively generous) then who is ever going to buy a PL club who cant even fill a teamsheet in with senior players? Be amazed if all that happened before the transfer deadline

i'm inclined to agree with TT in that as long as he has involvement with SD he'll own the club and run it on a shoestring

The club is a shell, it needs it's debts to him gone before anyone will come near.

Even if we assumed that could happen. Be at least a month before those deals are done, maybe another month to sell(being massively generous) then who is ever going to buy a PL club who cant even fill a teamsheet in with senior players? Be amazed if all that happened before the transfer deadline

don't BG necessarily implied it all had to happen this summer like

He'll never sell us, buying us was the best thing he's ever done. It's no coincidence how much sports direct has grown since he got his hands on us. He won't let that go. He's got us exactly where he wants us and unless a daft offer say £300m plus debts paid comes in he's going nowhere.

I don't even think a relegation will see him off. He knows he can sell all our players, buy cheap and bring in free and come back up without much hassle. It cost him, well us £30m last time, it wouldn't cost him this time due to the wage bill being so low and us having more sellable assets.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Ashley family own us for the next couple of generations.

The thing is though, will be continue to syphon off the huge profits once his loan is paid back - in essence, could he then buy Rangers and use Newcastle's money to support them financially?

I'm not sure him staying in charge long term is an option, because the club has become a toxic brand in it's own city. Totally alienate the support and you have nout left. I can't see many still wanting to go and see us humped off Man United and Arsenal, season after season.

The thing is though, will be continue to syphon off the huge profits once his loan is paid back - in essence, could he then buy Rangers and use Newcastle's money to support them financially?

I'm not sure him staying in charge long term is an option, because the club has become a toxic brand in it's own city. Totally alienate the support and you have nout left. I can't see many still wanting to go and see us humped off Man United and Arsenal, season after season.

Problem is, the club can live off the tv money, much smaller clubs with higher wage bills will do so, the fans aren't the main income any more. If sky told him to fuck off things would be different, they are in charge of the game these days.

The premier league alone has shown you can change the colour of your club, it's name, it's badge, the stadiums name, sell your best players to your rivals and probably more that I can't think of right now, yet the fans have no say, no input and can't do owt about it.

Said it before and I'll say it again, this club has been dying a slow death since he bought it back in 2007. What will be left when he eventually f***s off though? That's anyone's guess.

is he trying to set the club up as an attractive proposition to buyers in that it's profitable?  if so he'd have to be selling to someone f***ing stupid 'cause they'd be buying the equivalent of the house at the end of blazing saddles that just collapse as there's nothing but a front supported by rickety pieces of wood

The club is a shell, it needs it's debts to him gone before anyone will come near.

That debt isn't going anywhere imo,

It's his leverage for the free advertising.