NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wonder why we're linked to central midfielders with attacking traits. If anything a more defensive minded CM would make sense. One to play alongside Wijnaldum.

Thought he was more deep sitting passer than attacking?

He's not literally attacking in the case of positioning. I want a quicker, more tenacious and battling CM.

If Banega can be a disciplined midfielder who sits, good in possession, excellent distribution and can allow others to break forward while not necessarily being a defensive midfielder (having a sitting midfielder who only does nothing but protect the back line is a wasteful position IMO) then I am all for it.

We will consistently lose the battle in the midfield if we don't have a better partner for Wijnaldum. I think Abeid is the only one really capable of fulfilling that role for us in our current squad properly to be honest.

If there's any truth to it (which I doubt ) it means at least one of the usual starters will be sold.

Moussa

Would prefer to keep Sissoko tbh.

Isn't there a video of Banega having a wank online? Think it turned him into a bit of a gay icon. My mate told me about it #nohomo

Aye he also rolled over his own foot. He's mental but brilliant

:thup:

All I know about him is that he's a FM legend, and the wanking video thing :lol:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/02/12/3742263/from-late-night-parties-to-running-over-his-own-foot-the

'Bit of a character' is the polite way of putting it I believe.

If there's any truth to it (which I doubt ) it means at least one of the usual starters will be sold.

Moussa

Fo sho. We massively lack athleticism, getting shot of our quickest player (who's incredibly useful on the counter and actually chips in with a few goals, at the very least) would be lunacy.

After watching the game yesterday maybe I am not so surprised we continue to look for midfielders.

Yes, we have many, but they are not really that great tbh. Looks like the whole thing might be rebuilt.

Colback and Anita look like being part of the reserve unit if we are bringing in another one, and I'm very cool with that.

Cathro will know Banega well too, if this is true.

Our midfield struggles to play penetrating possession football. Wiljandum will improve that, but apart from him and Colback (yes, I know), we are technically quite weak and other clubs are leaving us behind in that area.

So yes, I agree with your general point.

Benega was absolute toss for Valencia.

Always expecting big things from him which never materialised.

Admittedly he's been ok for Seville.

this is what i remember about banega at valencia, lots of toss with a couple of decent seasons thrown in

Moussa

Isn't there a video of Banega having a wank online? Think it turned him into a bit of a gay icon. My mate told me about it #nohomo

Aye he also rolled over his own foot. He's mental but brilliant

:thup:

All I know about him is that he's a FM legend, and the wanking video thing :lol:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/02/12/3742263/from-late-night-parties-to-running-over-his-own-foot-the

'Bit of a character' is the polite way of putting it I believe.

Thanks for that, so if we sign all of our targets this window we'll potentially have two pretty mental players in the squad.

Benega was absolute toss for Valencia.

Always expecting big things from him which never materialised.

Admittedly he's been ok for Seville.

this is what i remember about banega at valencia, lots of toss with a couple of decent seasons thrown in

I see what you did there :fwap: