The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

3 hours ago, Mattoon said:

Horrific start to the season for my hometown club, couldn't do any worse tbf

I've wondered where Fleetwood's fanbase developed from. I'd have thought Fleetwood people would have traditionally been Blackpool supporters. 

Is there a bitter rivalry?

57 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

I've wondered where Fleetwood's fanbase developed from. I'd have thought Fleetwood people would have traditionally been Blackpool supporters. 

Is there a bitter rivalry?

Fleetwood have been around since 1908 but we've had a torrid history, the last incarnation was called Fleetwood Freeport and basically a pub league team, attached to the local park I was able to watch them from the park wall as a kid, probably why I wasnt really bothered with football growing up :lol:

This Fleetwood was formed in 1997 and has been historically our best team finishing 4th in league 1 in 2017. To answer your question, Fleetwood and Blackpool do hate each other but it's not as rabid as the Blackpool/Preston North End hatred. The "Fylde Coast derby" was scheduled for yesterday but postponed for the internationals, but it will be a tasty affair between the supporters.

7 hours ago, Mattoon said:

Fleetwood have been around since 1908 but we've had a torrid history, the last incarnation was called Fleetwood Freeport and basically a pub league team, attached to the local park I was able to watch them from the park wall as a kid, probably why I wasnt really bothered with football growing up :lol:

This Fleetwood was formed in 1997 and has been historically our best team finishing 4th in league 1 in 2017. To answer your question, Fleetwood and Blackpool do hate each other but it's not as rabid as the Blackpool/Preston North End hatred. The "Fylde Coast derby" was scheduled for yesterday but postponed for the internationals, but it will be a tasty affair between the supporters.

Must be loads of Blackpool fans living in Fleetwood I'd assume 

3 hours ago, The Fountain said:

Must be loads of Blackpool fans living in Fleetwood I'd assume 

I'd say it's more like the other way round, I lived in Fleetwood for 25 years and it's a close community and a good place to live in terms of it being quiet, however it's the biggest cul-de-sac in the country, only 1 way in and 1 way out and there's absolutely nothing to do there and barely any jobs so most move to Blackpool for work.

4 hours ago, Mattoon said:

I'd say it's more like the other way round, I lived in Fleetwood for 25 years and it's a close community and a good place to live in terms of it being quiet, however it's the biggest cul-de-sac in the country, only 1 way in and 1 way out and there's absolutely nothing to do there and barely any jobs so most move to Blackpool for work.

I worked at a school there for a week, went in to Fleetwood for a drink one night and it was very much as if everyone stopped talking, jukebox muted etc when we walked in this bar. We didn't stay long. Those rickety trams were a hoot though.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

6 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I worked at a school there for a week, went in to Fleetwood for a drink one night and it was very much as if everyone stopped talking, jukebox muted etc when we walked in this bar. We didn't stay long. Those rickety trams were a hoot though.

That's exactly what it's like :lol: everyone knows everyone and if they don't recognise your face they get wary. It's a local town, for local people.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Wasn't he a trialist here once upon a time or am I confusing my Italian fullbacks?

This is Fernando Coco erasure. A point if you can name the German in goal that night who Karelse beat to a contract.

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

This is Fernando Coco erasure. A point if you can name the German in goal that night who Karelse beat to a contract.

Francesco Coco :pow:

And surely Coco and Karelse didn't overlap did they? Thought Coco trial game was in like 2005 or something way after Karelse jooined

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Francesco Coco :pow:

And surely Coco and Karelse didn't overlap did they? Thought Coco trial game was in like 2005 or something way after Karelse jooined

I fear you’ve made me look like a massive fraud here (and rightly so if accurate).

Edit: You fear for the Discman after this.