The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

The concept of a manager building anything at a club outside the current six clubs at the top is laughably obselete nowadays. Too much money at stake so virtually every manager is brought in to 'save' a season, then is inevitably moved on within two years after the new manager bounce has worn off.

That's not to say the Clement sacking is incorrect, I don't know enough about them to comment but overall it's shite really.

Guest Howaythetoon

The likes of Moyes, Big Sam and Pardew et al can positively influence an upsurge in results when taking over a club, but I dare say that's because of a new manager bounce rather than their capabilities or lack of as managers. Once their ways are embedded into their respective clubs it never takes too long to turn to shit and that's because, well, they are shit managers. I guarantee next season the fans of Everton, West Ham and WBA will be dreading match day and wanting their managers replaced.

Guest Howaythetoon

The concept of a manager building anything at a club outside the current six clubs at the top is laughably obselete nowadays. Too much money at stake so virtually every manager is brought in to 'save' a season, then is inevitably moved on within two years after the new manager bounce has worn off.

That's not to say the Clement sacking is incorrect, I don't know enough about them to comment but overall it's s**** really.

For almost every club outside of the top 6 and those with some ambition its literally all about staying up because relegation is almost like the end of the world when it comes to money. The moment a club starts losing games and falls below the top 10/15 places its trigger happy time and what they then do is look at managers who can keep them up. Moyes, Big Sam, Pardew et al come in and keep a club up, but because they are crap, those clubs go backwards... then its trigger happy time again.

Of all the clubs over the last few years who are really mid-table kind of clubs, I think Leicester have been the bravest, them and Southampton. I could never see them appointing a Big Sam or a Pardew.

Not arsed in the slightest, it’s December and we have 20 games left and a January window ahead.  If we can’t get our own house in order and collect the points we’ll deserve to go down.  Nothing to do with Swansea

Guest Howaythetoon

Didn't Leicester do it with Craig Shakespeare and Pearson too maybe?

Guess Pearson was Championship but Leicester seemed happy to appoint Shakespeare

Pearson had a canny enough spell at various clubs at that level at the time and they were kind of brave to sack him when they did given how they stayed up. Shakespeare was a bold move too, unproven and promoted from within.

They are obviously looking for another Monk, makes you wonder why they didn't just stick with him in the first place. Know absolutely nothing about Britton in regard to his coaching ability, limited footballer, think they've made a mistake in not going for Pulis though, the football would have been horrendous but his track record would suggest he would have gotten them out of it. This is a huge gamble for them.