Crap players who have had a stormer

bowlingcrofty

Keith Gillespie vs Barcelona.

Gillespie was far from crap - he was never the same after his 'pal' Phil Neville almost took his ankle off at OT when we played there in 95-96 and was out of the game for weeks...before that, he was one of the best rated young players in the country, rated as the best of Fergie's bright young things which is why KK insisted on him being part of the Andy Cole deal. He started to lose his way after KK left and got involved with heavy gambling etc. The Barcelona game was a flashback to the player he had been and how he should have developed.

Gillespie was a quality player that got somewhere near his potential for a short amount of time and then lost it. His pace was blistering and he was quite direct, used to frighten the crap out of defenders.

Someone mentioned Graham Fenton, I think I am still pychologically scarred from his two goals against us for Blackburn, I'm sure I had nightmares for weeks of Sky Sports commenators just repeating "The Newcastle Fan Graham Fenton" horrible few weeks that was. :(

Wouldn't call him crap, but I remember getting very excited by Gutierrez in a game against Man Utd (under Keegan I think). He was running and beating people with confidence that day. Thought he'd be massive for us.

Guest neesy111

Marcelino.  Had a good game at Old Trafford, rest of his career was poo.

Played in a European final and for his country, not too bad.

Should I said at us. :(

Guest neesy111

Wouldn't call him crap, but I remember getting very excited by Gutierrez in a game against Man Utd (under Keegan I think). He was running and beating people with confidence that day. Thought he'd be massive for us.

Same. :(