Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd be really interested to see our PL record under Pardew in games with normal rest vs. games with short rest (whether it's due to cups, rearranged games, or scheduled midweek games). If it's as poor as I think it might be then a small squad could be partially blamed, but I don't think that's the full picture. I really feel like he (and our whole coaching staff) struggles to produce a solid gameplan in a shortened timeframe or maybe something to do with motivation/focus.

assuming there's anything in that, it simply means we have a poor manager and coaching staff

Well, yeah, that's basically what he's just said.

I'd be really interested to see our PL record under Pardew in games with normal rest vs. games with short rest (whether it's due to cups, rearranged games, or scheduled midweek games). If it's as poor as I think it might be then a small squad could be partially blamed, but I don't think that's the full picture. I really feel like he (and our whole coaching staff) struggles to produce a solid gameplan in a shortened timeframe or maybe something to do with motivation/focus.

assuming there's anything in that, it simply means we have a poor manager and coaching staff

Well, yeah, that's basically what he's just said.

you're an absolute gent for clarifying that for me :thup:

In terms of the coaching and the time between games I think our problem lies in the fact we spend so much of our time working on a strategy to nullify the opposition.  I'm sure other teams do work on how to play against their next opponents but I get the feeling they spend a lot more time developing and working on their own game whereas for us that's not a priority.  It explains why after 3 years we still don't really have a defined style or strategy and find ourselves changing everything from game to game.

Total revamp of the coaching team could be as good as a new signing or even better imo.

Pardew is s***. Ok, lets move on. This topic is f***ing boring tbh

Why do you read posts in a boring topic?

As I hope there is sth new to this thread. Whenever we win happy face will pop up immediately and whenever we draw urself lose you and interpolic will criticize Pardew within 3 mins after the match's finished. 

Pardew is s***. Ok, lets move on. This topic is f***ing boring tbh

Why do you read posts in a boring topic?

As I hope there is sth new to this thread. Whenever we win happy face will pop up immediately and whenever we draw urself lose you and interpolic will criticize Pardew within 3 mins after the match's finished.

Did we win last night?

I find it interesting that we were originally talking about comparing squads from the last 5-10 years to the current one and now we're going back to the year we nearly won the title almost 20 years ago like. :lol:

Not that I agree Pardew's doing better with his resources as such, just saying.

You're the one who brought up quality of squads and repeated the point when I ignored it.

All I did was add context for Dave's comfortable win stats.

I find it interesting that we were originally talking about comparing squads from the last 5-10 years to the current one and now we're going back to the year we nearly won the title almost 20 years ago like. :lol:

He's comparing a team which was forced to play with Ian Rush and John Barnes to the one we have today.  :lol:

:lol:

forced?

You think anyone but Dalglish would have signed those 2 at that stage of their career?

Dalglish inherited a title chasing team full of verve and dragged it down to 13th. Pardew took a championship squad up to 5th.

He's comparing a team which was forced to play with Ian Rush and John Barnes to the one we have today.  :lol:

forced?

You think anyone but Dalglish would have signed those 2 at that stage of their career?

Dalglish inherited a title chasing team full of verve and dragged it down to 13th. Pardew took a championship squad up to 5th.

Was it shite a Championship squad.

You're the one who brought up quality of squads and repeated the point when I ignored it.

All I did was add context for Dave's comfortable win stats.

I was saying I thought Pardew had a better squad than any since Robson's, hence why I thought it was weird you started talking about the squad we had in 1996/97.

Well, I just thank god we're not the Europa League (Swansea) and have no injuries (Bony/Michu/Rangel) because that year usually ends up in relegation.

Yesterday was such a trademark Pardew performance. Fear. That's his fucking brand. Opportunist, negative, risk-minimizing, pressure-inviting shit football without attacking intentions. He's the most fickle of them all, always distancing himself from the expectations and reactions to certain results, laughing at how "it is up here". Patronising and triumphant smug bastard comparing himself to Bobby and talking about Champions League mid-week as if he's justified himself. What we saw yesterday was the exact same approach that had us concede 68 goals and lose 19 games last season. He can fuck off.

hey brett, when you get up, we got that twatting (scoreline at least) a game early mate - what was it you said?  i'll paraphrase:  "how dare you come on here after 4 wins in a row and say we're in for a twatting?  the players deserve more respect than that" :lol:

it's almost like there's more to football than the narrow confines of a one-goal margin scoreline on a sheet of paper, or the league table

We lost :frantic:

Cmon, hardly a time to cave in our belief after one game. Scoreline doesn't tell the whole storyline, for me anyways. Yes we were poor, yes we deserved to lose but things never went our way but that happens.

First half i thought Swansea passed it around, we were comfortable with them doing that but we were breaking on them with purpose and carved out a couple of good chances. Then Krul makes an awful mistake right on half time which changes the whole context of the game for second half. Was really fancying our chanes till that mistake.

Second half we came out pushed forward looking for the equaliser, once again shocking decisions from the ref (felt handball was again stonewall pen, thought the gouff one would have been harsh but if it's outside the box, ref easy gives a free kick). We then got caught on the break but very unfortunate for the ball to rebound of Debuchy after he did so well getting back. Then the third was awful again from Krul, keeper must be saving that but then again the baldy c*** should have sent off the other baldy c*** preventing him from scoring.

Overall i felt Pardew went with the same tactics he's adopted recently which people have pointed out runs the risk of backfiring and last night it did just that. Krul's mistake turned the tide of the game and in the end cost us dearly. We weren't good enough last night though, we must improve on that massively if we are to get anything from OT. No need to panic, it was one defeat, it wasn't a complete shambles and it wasn't a twatting, we deservedly got beat but now we have to show the spirit in the side to bounce back again. If RVP isn't playing on Saturday, i still think we can put up a good showing.

Overall i felt Pardew went with the same tactics he's adopted recently which people have pointed out runs the risk of backfiring and last night it did just that.

and yet when i said this, albeit in slightly more hyperbolic terms, i was given the "how dare you" treatment :lol:  WTF?

we'll get beat on saturday like, but we'll probably be more on our game than if we'd have taken something last night

test will be the game after to see if we can bounce back

Don't see how you can argue he's getting more from his players when he obviously can't utilise quality like Ben Arfa and Anita?

He's got more end product from ben arfa than any previous managers of the lad.

Players get better as they mature shocker!!!!!111

Overall i felt Pardew went with the same tactics he's adopted recently which people have pointed out runs the risk of backfiring and last night it did just that.

and yet when i said this, albeit in slightly more hyperbolic terms, i was given the "how dare you" treatment :lol:  WTF?

we'll get beat on saturday like, but we'll probably be more on our game than if we'd have taken something last night

Because the players were giving you everything they've got in recent weeks then you come on a forum and say they will get twatted when they arrive at OT even though Man Utd themselves haven't been doing great. Just felt they deserved a bit more respect than that.

Yes last night we got beat, if you want to call it a twatting that’s up to you. I felt a bit let down by Krul the most but I can’t be too harsh on him because he’s been superb recently and he’s just had a bad game which has cost us. Don’t think it’s all doom and gloom. Like I said, if Krul tips that over the bar or punches ball out of danger then i really felt we were going on to win that game. Nevermind though, wasn’t our night and we just need to bounce back with a better display at OT.

Because the players were giving you everything they've got in recent weeks then you come on a forum and say they will get twatted when they arrive at OT even though Man Utd themselves haven't been doing great. Just felt they deserved a bit more respect than that.

Yes last night we got beat, if you want to call it a twatting that’s up to you. I felt a bit let down by Krul the most but I can’t be too harsh on him because he’s been superb recently and he’s just had a bad game which has cost us. Don’t think it’s all doom and gloom. Like I said, if Krul tips that over the bar or punches ball out of danger then i really felt we were going on to win that game. Nevermind though, wasn’t our night and we just need to bounce back with a better display at OT.

Spud that is fucking brilliant :).

Oh wait ........

forced?

In that it was by and large the squad that competed in the championship.

Expectations from that squad were bottom half at best.

Brett I even said the point was we can't sustain marginal wins, we'll always get a defeat like last night. Said it happened in the 5th season which it did.

You didn't want to hear it man, was fuck all to do with respecting the players. It's not their fault.

forced?

In that it was by and large the squad that competed in the championship.

Expectations from that squad were bottom half at best.

Why are you ignoring the signings we made between when we got promoted and when we finished 5th?