Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Workmate of mine said Pardew had apologised and was asking me what I made of it. Can't find any trace of a public apology by Pardew - anyone else help?

Pardew is a cowardly prick, he won't apologise. Instead he will blame everyone BUT his own tactical limitations

Life and limb, passion, pride, 110% etc etc is just a load of inane drivel managers come out with to try and curry favour with the fans and also to mask their own limitations

Limitations are something Pardew has in abundance, his man management is awful and his tactical awareness is shit hence the reason the players look lost and play without any plan or purpose. We apparently spend most of the time working on the defensive side of the game, clearly he is shit at that too

I would love to see a half decent manager with the players we have, think we could pay some good stuff and actually look a decent team

Good comment there too.

"Pathetic.

Pardew is just as culpable as the rest of Ashley's cronies at the club.

If Pardew had any backbone he would walk away (regardless of the rumoured debt he owns Ashley). That he doesn't walk away tells it's own story.

His managerial style is identical to that of Souness - tireless self publicist who takes the credit and any glory from results but deflects every bad thing onto players.

the Journalists covering him all fall for this too "oh, poor cockney wideboy Pards - he's hamstrung by Ashley". no he isn't. he is there as an accomplice to the destruction of the club and the ongoing humiliation of the fanbase."

I don't get the 'he should walk away' bit. The rest is spot on. He's got a top 8 squad that he's fucking up. I'm sure there's a stream on managers who'd want this job.

It'll go to one of Ashley's cronies though so it doesn't matter.

From .com:

1998 Tranmere Rovers (h)

1-0 (1-0)

FA Cup 5th Round

Shearer(22)

A fine Alessandro Pistone centre was headed past South Shields born stopper Steve Simonsen by Alan Shearer, his fourth FA Cup of the season - all of them headers.

Former Magpies David Kelly and Liam O'Brien were given generous applause by the SJP crowd on their return, but couldn't inspire John Aldridge's Rovers into forcing a replay.

The heady days of winning in the cups at home.

Workmate of mine said Pardew had apologised and was asking me what I made of it. Can't find any trace of a public apology by Pardew - anyone else help?

Pardew is a cowardly prick, he won't apologise. Instead he will blame everyone BUT his own tactical limitations

I suspected I was being wound up so I just said the only apology I'd accept from Pardew would need to involve a noose around his neck...

Nullifying the original Rory Delap in that game too.

I remember the Tranmere fans that day singing to Go West, 'ooh, arr, Davey Challinor' while all miming taking throw-ins. :lol:

:lol: I can't remember that but that's class. They used to a proper cup team back then. Mad that they got to LC final.

Nullifying the original Rory Delap in that game too.

I remember the Tranmere fans that day singing to Go West, 'ooh, arr, Davey Challinor' while all miming taking throw-ins. :lol:

:lol: I can't remember that but that's class. They used to a proper cup team back then. Mad that they got to LC final.

Was every throw-in they had as well. :lol: I was sat near the away end that game and when you're 13 that shit's hilarious. :lol:

Guest hatem garrincha

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/newcastleunited/id/1750?cc=3888

t is not just Ashley who Pardew seems reluctant to stand up to, either. His failure to tackle his "regulars" is astonishing. The Newcastle Evening Chronicle reported that Pardew was furious after the Spurs game and that he saved much of it for Sylvain Marveaux and Hatem Ben Arfa -- both of whom are bit part players and who didn't take the field until the game was just about gone! Ludicrous.

Perhaps he is scared of alienating his regulars as he has so few players to pick from? Even that is unacceptable given the pathetic, heartless performances they've repaid his faith with. As for Moussa Sissoko walking off the field after the Spurs hammering with a big grin on his face.....

To many people outside of Newcastle, Pardew still has a solid reputation. National sports radio stalwarts Paul Hawksbee and Andy Jacobs discussed this with journalist Patrick Barclay on Thursday. The view from the outside. If Pardew wants to maintain and grow this reputation, he needs to get out of Tyneside before even they see through the cracks. Then again, he does have his ludicrously long contract to fall back on -- perhaps he doesn't give two jots about his reputation?

Is Alan Pardew a good manager? At times he has demonstrated some great tactical nous, but there are major motivational and tactical flaws that he cannot (or will not) address:

Newcastle haven't turned around a halftime deficit under his tenure. They have, however, lost from several winning positions.

Newcastle are usually terrible for the first 20-plus minutes of second halves.

Their corner taking has been absolutely abysmal for years.

Derby results also suggest Pardew has trouble getting his team and tactics right for such big games.

The oft tried and always failed "diagonal ball to [Mike] Williamson" set piece routine.

Tactics -- the long ball game vs immobile but aerially dominant centre-halves like Wes Brown and John O'Shea! Really?

And most worryingly of all is the regression of players under his "guidance". This is so bad that a term has grown for it. Some players have been "Pardewed" -- see Papiss Cisse, Ben Arfa, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Marveaux, Davide Santon, Sissoko and the club's youth players for reference.

Guest bimpy474

Newcastle haven't turned around a halftime deficit under his tenure.

Class.

His half time teamtalks must be so inspirational :lol:

I've always imagined that he shows them video montages of starving children in third world countries at half time, glum music playing softly in the background.

Our players always look heartbroken coming back after half time.

Guest bimpy474

Newcastle haven't turned around a halftime deficit under his tenure.

Class.

His half time teamtalks must be so inspirational :lol:

Imagine it goes like this.

More like this