Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nearly four years under Pardew and I still don't feel there is a recognisable style of play and that the team relies too heavily on individual moments.

What does everyone think about these points guys?

When you consider the whole point of a manager is to form a style or method of play, then it might help if we rethought his role. He's more of a PR front man for Ashley and  he does that pretty well.

Nearly four years under Pardew and I still don't feel there is a recognisable style of play and that the team relies too heavily on individual moments.

Just got to look at the "Goal of the Season" list to see that.

There's a Demba Ba video on YT. My god he was feeding off long balls. Very few organised attacks.

There's a Demba Ba video on YT. My god he was feeding off long balls. Very few organised attacks.

the entire story of the 5th season when you look back on it, ba battling like fuck and scoring from scraps then cisse coming in and scoring all kinds of goals from nowt

the entire story of the 5th season when you look back on it, ba battling like f*** and scoring from scraps then cisse coming in and scoring all kinds of goals from nowt

I said it all that season. So many 1-0 wins from wonder/flukey goals. We only played good football for 6 weeks in March/April.

The foundations were set from a great defensive record in the opening 9/10 games.

He's a fucking fraud

If we're honest, he's a professional so he must see and understand these points. It seems that he feels the risks of playing a more possession type football and pushing more midfielders into advanced positions outweighs the benefits.

That might not mean he doesn't believe in them in principle, it might be that he just doesn't trust the players he has.

I imagine if you sat down and watched a game of football with him he would have a fair few insightful POVs regarding tactics, strategies, players good and bad habits, etc. I think though that, if has a decent degree of perception (and i'm sure he must) it gets clouded prettily heavily when he's the one who is ultimately responsible for the decisions, i.e. the manager. He might make a good assistant manager. I just don't think he has the granite in him to manage a high level football team (by that i mean Prem division).

Kind of like the guy who's full of good ideas when watching someone else play chess, can see the openings, see the potential threats, but when it's him in the chair he gets a bit clammy, then fixates on something ultimately not proving very relevant while losing the bigger picture.

We all know the style of play instilled by Pardew.  It's called 'play boring f***ing non-football until opposition and stadium falls asleep' style.  And then hit and hope for moment of 'exuberance' after everyone has completely perished from the stink.

This whole special style of course is not that obvious otherwise the whole of the league and the leagues below the premiership would had caught on to Pardew.  This whole thing has been intelligently masqueraded as 'front foot football'. 

If we're honest, he's a professional so he must see and understand these points. It seems that he feels the risks of playing a more possession type football and pushing more midfielders into advanced positions outweighs the benefits.

That might not mean he doesn't believe in them in principle, it might be that he just doesn't trust the players he has.

I imagine if you sat down and watched a game of football with him he would have a fair few insightful POVs regarding tactics, strategies, players good and bad habits, etc. I think though that, if has a decent degree of perception (and i'm sure he must) it gets clouded prettily heavily when he's the one who is ultimately responsible for the decisions, i.e. the manager. He might make a good assistant manager. I just don't think he has the granite in him to manage a high level football team (by that i mean Prem division).

Kind of like the guy who's full of good ideas when watching someone else play chess, can see the openings, see the potential threats, but when it's him in the chair he gets a bit clammy, then fixates on something ultimately not proving very relevant while losing the bigger picture.

That's fine as far as speculation goes, all we can really judge him on though is how he uses the players he's got. Carr's signings aren't really suited to playing defensive football with one isolated forward, and Pardew prefers Obertan and Gosling to Marveaux and Ben Arfa. Ashley could always try backing Pardew's judgement and give him players he does trust, but then he'll be going head to head with Pulis and Hughes and they can probably do that job better.

This c*** needs hell from day one this season. The only thing we can achieve as a club is to get rid of him.

If we have a poor showing even in just the first game, I really think people will flip.

This c*** needs hell from day one this season. The only thing we can achieve as a club is to get rid of him.

If we have a poor showing even in just the first game, I really think people will flip.

we will have a poor showing considering who we're playing lets face it, but he'll get a pass imo for probably 3-5 home games and then it'll turn if there's a bad defeat again

That's fine as far as speculation goes, all we can really judge him on though is how he uses the players he's got. Carr's signings aren't really suited to playing defensive football with one isolated forward, and Pardew prefers Obertan and Gosling to Marveaux and Ben Arfa. Ashley could always try backing Pardew's judgement and give him players he does trust, but then he'll be going head to head with Pulis and Hughes and they can probably do that job better.

Just trying to bring something different to the thread.

NPW  :aww:

the entire story of the 5th season when you look back on it, ba battling like fuck and scoring from scraps then cisse coming in and scoring all kinds of goals from nowt

Imagine that bit on the back of the season review. :lol: Sums the season up nicely.

we will have a poor showing considering who we're playing lets face it, but he'll get a pass imo for probably 3-5 home games and then it'll turn if there's a bad defeat again

I reckon he'll get if from game one - carrying on where we left off v. Cardiff.

No way, especially how poor our squad is likely to be by that time, the troops will give him a pass for a while at least until the window slams shut.

No way, especially how poor our squad is likely to be by that time, the troops will give him a pass for a while at least until the window slams shut.

OK, I'll recant slightly and say that he'll get a pass until we concede, at best. If we're still playing eye-bleeding football - which we will be - I reckon he'll get about 45 minutes' grace tops.

We've not long to wait to find out though.

OK, I'll recant slightly and say that he'll get a pass until we concede, at best. If we're still playing eye-bleeding football - which we will be - I reckon he'll get about 45 minutes' grace tops.

I'll eat an imaginary hat if it turns so soon

I agree. Everyone is fed up, and they are more likely to continue where they left off if we start off a brand new season looking as horrendous as we did last time around.

My point is, it hasn't really turned back at all. If anything, things continue to deteriorate (w*nga was bad enough before it was confirmed they were a criminal organisation, the purposely inept transfer dealings, etc.) so no reason to suggest the support won't continue as before...

My point is, it hasn't really turned back at all. If anything, things continue to deteriorate (w*nga was bad enough before it was confirmed they were a criminal organisation, the purposely inept transfer dealings, etc.) so no reason to suggest the support won't continue as before...

Sincerely hope you're right :thup:

Sincerely hope you're right :thup:

I'll be doing my part.

I'll get you fitted for that imaginary hat. What size do you take, sir? 7 - 7⅛?

"What our fans don't seem to understand or realise, is that this is a club and team in transition. Sometimes it takes time for systems and players and partnerships to gel. My job is to ensure it happens in the quickest time possible. If we hit the floor running and we start the season well, then I'm sure our fans will be back to happily chatting with me in the streets around the town, as they were when we finished fifth. But it may take a few games for it to happen. I would ask our fans not to be impatient and to get behind me and the group as only they can. They're a passionate bunch."

"What our fans don't seem to understand or realise, is that this is a club and team in transition. Sometimes it takes time for systems and players and partnerships to gel. My job is to ensure it happens in the quickest time possible. If we hit the floor running and we start the season well, then I'm sure our fans will be back to happily chatting with me in the streets around the town, as they were when we finished fifth. But it may take a few games for it to happen. I would ask our fans not to be impatient and to get behind me and the group as only they can. They're a passionate bunch."

Suck my passionate bunch you dickhead.