Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hang about, Pardew has team of talented international players yet can rarely get them playing good attacking football.

How does the performance of any other manager absolve Pardew of not performing his job well enough?

Brett's clutching at straws, that's the ultimate conclusion.

I take his point in a sense, attacking football is not the norm. However winning football, more often than not, is achieved by the teams that play quality attacking football.

As Pardew has players capable of playing quality attacking football yet chooses not to, or can not achieve it, suggests he's failing in his job does it not?

Yep

That's what Brett needs to understand, it is the point we're all getting at. 

I firmly believe that we should sack a manager and move on as soon as it's absolutely clear that they're not capable of coaching a pass-and-move style of play, especially if they have the right set of players to be able to play that way (and with Pardew, it's gone beyond "absolutely clear"). Otherwise we're just wasting valuable time and missing opportunities to hire up and coming talented managers with progressive ideas.

Do you honestly think Mike Ashley gives two shits about attractive football?

Guest chopey

Pardew is doing exactly what Ashley wants, Safe in the league, out of both cups, spending nowt and touting our players around like a used car salesman ..........................he'll be here for years yet

Here's the attacking midfielders, wingers, and strikers available to Pardew:

Remy, Cisse, BenArfa, Gouffran, Ameobi, Ameobi, Obertan, Jonas, Marveaux, Sissoko

Here's the forward players at the 2 clubs closest to us in the league:

Rooney, VanPersie, Hernandez, Welbeck, Valencia, Nani, Fellaini, Zaha, Young, Kagawa, Janujaz

Adebayor, Soldado, Defoe, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Townsend, Lamela, Holtby

Spurs and Man United have probably spent in the region of £80m+ assembling those players, and most of them are paid a fortune.

We have put our attacking unit together for about £25m, and have spent in the region of £20m on strikers since Ashley arrived at the club.

Pardew deserves immense credit for getting us close to these 2 sides in the league. He also deserves praise for implementing a style of football that has generally been enjoyable to watch this season. The ball is usually on the deck - we look a bit limited in the final third - but what on earth would anyone expect.

He led a mid table side to 5th in the league ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea, and he has also guided a strikerforce of Ranger, Lovenkrands, Kuqi, Ameobi, and Best to a comfortable mid table finish.

He's done a fantastic job for us on the whole, and doesnt get anywhere near enough credit for it on here, although thankfully the attitude on here is very different to the attitude to our manager in the stadium, where he has his name sung in the majority of home matches, and deservedly so.

I take his point in a sense, attacking football is not the norm. However winning football, more often than not, is achieved by the teams that play quality attacking football.

As Pardew has players capable of playing quality attacking football yet chooses not to, or can not achieve it, suggests he's failing in his job does it not?

Yep

That's what Brett needs to understand, it is the point we're all getting at. 

I understand your points but looking at in that 'attacking' sense Moyes is failing at Man Utd and failed Everton since his successor is playing better attacking football than he ever did in all the years under him. Moyes has a far greater wealth of attacking options at Man Utd but is hardly setting the world alight, like i say, attacking football is what we all want to see but for whaever reason a lot of managers struggle to implement on the pitch. Saying that though, it doesn't make them bad managers for it, they just go about getting positive results in a different less exciting manner and there's no shame in that, unless your Tony Pulis and take it too far that is.

Remy, Cisse, BenArfa, Gouffran, Ameobi, Ameobi, Obertan, Jonas, Marveaux, Sissoko

Rooney, VanPersie, Hernandez, Welbeck, Valencia, Nani, Fellaini, Zaha, Young, Kagawa, Janujaz

Spurs and Man United have probably spent in the region of £80m+ assembling those players, and most of them are paid a fortune.

We have put our attacking unit together for about £25m, and have spent in the region of £20m on strikers since Ashley arrived at the club.

Pardew deserves immense credit for getting us close to these 2 sides in the league. He also deserves praise for implementing a style of football that has generally been enjoyable to watch this season. The ball is usually on the deck - we look a bit limited in the final third - but what on earth would anyone expect.

He led a mid table side to 5th in the league ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea, and he has also guided a strikerforce of Ranger, Lovenkrands, Kuqi, Ameobi, and Best to a comfortable mid table finish.

He's done a fantastic job for us on the whole, and doesnt get anywhere near enough credit for it on here, although thankfully the attitude on here is very different to the attitude to our manager in the stadium, where he has his name sung in the majority of home matches, and deservedly so.

Pretty damn true, but you'll get hammered to fuck for it on here.

Despite being second bottom of the long ball league we play hoofball doncha know.

Is this not a little bit of a fallacious argument?  We might have spent relatively little (which perhaps says more about Ashley's reluctance to spend), but surely they are worth more than we paid.  The reverse might be said of some of Man. Utd and Tottenham's purchases.

The frustration comes from seeing some players, who the majority would agree are very talented (regardless of the money paid for them), either playing poorly or struggling to play well together.

Guest bimpy474

'thank god we're not in the Europa'  'lets win for Mike'  'Mike has had stick he doesn't deserve'  ' We cant compete with team like Southampton and Norwich'  'We lost because the fear from the stands spread to the players'  'I'm going to rotate, doesn't, blames tiredness for loss' and there more and more and more of that.

Give him credit my arse, utter bellend.

Guest chopey

South west corner of the Gallowgate, the atmosphere has been crap for the last two seasons and I firmly believe the reason for this is because of the resentment towards Ashley and Pardew 

I would say Spurs and Man U have massively underachieved rather than us overachieving. When you take everything into account we should be around top 8 every season at the very least.

It is only because of the complete abomination of a season last year that it appears we're having a great year this year.

Who can honestly tell me any of the teams currently below us should be ahead of us? Our squad is far stronger than those below.

If we want to realistically challenge those above us then we need two things.

1) a better manager who get more out of the talent we have and not revert to defensive 442 systems with Shola playing the majority of games.

2) A bit of investment for once and some sign of ambition from the owner.

Guest bimpy474

Despite being second bottom of the long ball league we play hoofball doncha know.

Firstly near on everyone has said on here we no longer play hoofball, and we have kept possession much better. Secondly, which is what we are talking about, we still have no attacking movement or cohesion. It's still the same going forward as it was, lacklustre and boring.

Thanks for completely missing the point though.

Relying on one of our better players to score or produce a goal then holding on for dear life is not a style of football. If that's what we have to be thankful for then you simply aren't aware of what that team is capable of. I'm not asking for or even expecting free flowing football but at an absolute minimum our aim should be to push for Europe and give the cups a good go. I expect us to be putting teams like Cardiff and West brom on the backfoot, and enforcing ourselves against them, not 'looking to contain them' as we so often hear from the coward we have in charge.

Brett is on multiple accounts IMO

:lol:

I've never shyed away from mentioning how much of a shambles last season was but i was also 110 percent confident over the summer Pardew and the players would show themselves in much better light this season and bounce back, whilst others told me i was mental and we are shit.

I liked Alex's post though tbh :lol: he should have balanced it a bit by mentioning how shit last season was under him but don't blame him for erasing that from his memory. I can't see that happening again for a long time tbh, with or without Pardew (as i typed that i started singing U2, dear me :lol:)

:lol:

Ah man I'm trying to study here ffs :lol:

:lol: We don't play "hoofball"; nobody suggests we play "hoofball"