Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

No, I want us to improve, hopefully on the strength of our transfer policy. I hope our squad gets stronger and our average league finish gets higher and higher.

Come the end of the season we wont have signed a single senior player permanently for 18 months. That's not a temporary thing for it to last that long. Our transfer policy seems to be not to have one currently.

Guest tollemache

Weezertron: I don't think it is, or at least what we've seen of it so far. Buying young players with resale value and then selling those players at a profit is what we should be doing. Obviously you've got to reinvest the money and do it again and again, which there's still a question mark over, but we're doing the right kind of buying. Sissoko, Haidara, Gouffran, Debuchy, Cisse, Santon and Ben Arfa could all well fetch a tidy sum when they move on. This summer is the most important for ages I reckon. If we don't reinvest, something's wrong

Guest bimpy474

Weezertron: I don't think it is, or at least what we've seen of it so far. Buying young players with resale value and then selling those players at a profit is what we should be doing. Obviously you've got to reinvest the money and do it again and again, which there's still a question mark over, but we're doing the right kind of buying. Sissoko, Haidara, Gouffran, Debuchy, Cisse, Santon and Ben Arfa could all well fetch a tidy sum when they move on. This summer is the most important for ages I reckon. If we don't reinvest, something's wrong

This has been said about the last two summer windows, how much more do you need to see to realise there is something wrong, something very wrong happening.

Guest tollemache

dismissive and highly sarcastic quip, with no content!

think they call that a 'counter-argument' round here

:lol: right I'll bite. You completely contradicted the very argument you yourself spent the whole time making "wages/money = league placing" you then bizarrely suggested that you don't want us to spend money because it won't work, and "oh wouldn't it be so easy to spend 500m and we will win the league" well yes by the very criteria you yourself set out. You don't even know what your own point is.

Well. Horseshit.

I said wages/money broadly = league placing. At no point did I contradict that, at all. My guess is that if you think I did, you're one of these people who thinks a deviation precludes a trend.

I said I don't want us to spunk more money than we can afford because long term, it won't work.

I sarcastically said hey why don't we just spend £500m like Man City and win the league. Obviously that is sarcasm.

I know exactly what my point is. Cheers.

Yeah then you directly contradicted it.  By implying it wasn't possible, and that "spunking" money wouldn't work. Nobody said spend 500m, nobody even suggested it, we could easily afford to spend what Liverpool/Spurs do. No idea what you mean by "it wouldn't work long term" most clubs operate at a debt.

And debt doesn't work long term. They run themselves into debt and some sap ends up covering it. That's not how we should be looking to run. Arsenal is the model you want.

I said spunking £100m right now might just about get us into the top 6 for a season or two, but then what? If we don't replace Cabaye etc and try to push on in the next season or two I'll be as disappointed as you.

Ashley has been her 5 (6?) years and sold a player he has bought for a profit once?

If that is the plan we aren't very good at it!

Guest bimpy474

As we have seen no point buying better players If the manager is a clogger

Best £5m we could spend is getting shot of the spunkdumper.

Guest bimpy474

Ashley has been her 5 (6?) years and sold a player he has bought for a profit once?

If that is the plan we aren't very good at it!

Chuck Ba in i suppose making it 2.

It's a balance sheet orientated transfer policy, not one that benefits the football. That is if ,as Bimpy says we will have gone 18 months without buying anybody come the summer, we have a transfer policy.

Couldn't agree more.

I wish people would realise that Pardew has us set up to play  in a way which doesn't suit the personel he has.

Definition  of poor management imo

dismissive and highly sarcastic quip, with no content!

think they call that a 'counter-argument' round here

:lol: right I'll bite. You completely contradicted the very argument you yourself spent the whole time making "wages/money = league placing" you then bizarrely suggested that you don't want us to spend money because it won't work, and "oh wouldn't it be so easy to spend 500m and we will win the league" well yes by the very criteria you yourself set out. You don't even know what your own point is.

Well. Horseshit.

I said wages/money broadly = league placing. At no point did I contradict that, at all. My guess is that if you think I did, you're one of these people who thinks a deviation precludes a trend.

I said I don't want us to spunk more money than we can afford because long term, it won't work.

I sarcastically said hey why don't we just spend £500m like Man City and win the league. Obviously that is sarcasm.

I know exactly what my point is. Cheers.

Yeah then you directly contradicted it.  By implying it wasn't possible, and that "spunking" money wouldn't work. Nobody said spend 500m, nobody even suggested it, we could easily afford to spend what Liverpool/Spurs do. No idea what you mean by "it wouldn't work long term" most clubs operate at a debt.

And debt doesn't work long term. They run themselves into debt and some sap ends up covering it. That's not how we should be looking to run. Arsenal is the model you want.

I said spunking £100m right now might just about get us into the top 6 for a season or two, but then what? If we don't replace Cabaye etc and try to push on in the next season or two I'll be as disappointed as you.

Are you a director? No, you're a 'fan'. Why the fuck do you give two shits what the balance sheet says? Spending a bit of money in the transfer windows will not automatically make us Portsmouth. I want to see the team play well and win as often as possible, I'm not overly concerned about the profit and loss account.

Guest tollemache

This has been said about the last two summer windows, how much more do you need to see to realise there is something wrong, something very wrong happening.

But the squad and the team have gotten better over that period. We've brought in decent players, and we'll almost certainly be able to make money out of them in the future.

Team that started v Aston Villa on 14/9/13

Krul

Debuchy

Coloccini

Yanga-Mbiwa

Santon

Anita

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Sissoko

Remy

Cisse

Bench:

Gouffran

Tiote

Sameobi

Elliot

Marveaux

S. Taylor

Dummett

Team that started against Villa on 2/9/12

Krul

Simpson

Coloccini

S.Taylor

Santon

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Anita

Gutierrez

Ba

Cisse

Bench:

Bigi

Marveaux

Obertan

Harper

Williamson

Gosling

Amalfitano

Team that started v Aston Villa 17/9/11

Krul

R Taylor

S Taylor

Coloccini

Simpson

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Tiote

Ba

Best

Obertan

Bench:

Elliot

Perch

Guthrie

Marveaux

Lovenkrands

The Ameobis

Look at our squad become magically better and stronger over that time period as we execute our shitty transfer policy that makes a profit....

Guest bimpy474

Couldn't agree more.

I wish people would realise that Pardew has us set up to play  in a way which doesn't suit the personel he has.

Definition  of poor management imo

Exactly, I'm amazed it passes people by sometimes. Also the shit about, 'I may have to change our style'. Firstly we don't have one and secondly while we were starting to play half decent stuff,  why suddenly change it because you lose one player. Football is about passing and if he looks at what he has and doesn't see they would benefit, and do from passing football. Well he just an idiot tbh.

But the squad and the team have gotten better over that period. We've brought in decent players, and we'll almost certainly be able to make money out of them in the future.

Team that started v Aston Villa on 14/9/13

Krul

Debuchy

Coloccini

Yanga-Mbiwa

Santon

Anita

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Sissoko

Remy

Cisse

Bench:

Gouffran

Tiote

Sameobi

Elliot

Marveaux

S. Taylor

Dummett

Team that started against Villa on 2/9/12

Krul

Simpson

Coloccini

S.Taylor

Santon

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Anita

Gutierrez

Ba

Cisse

Bench:

Bigi

Marveaux

Obertan

Harper

Williamson

Gosling

Amalfitano

Team that started v Aston Villa 17/9/11

Krul

R Taylor

S Taylor

Coloccini

Simpson

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Tiote

Ba

Best

Obertan

Bench:

Elliot

Perch

Guthrie

Marveaux

Lovenkrands

The Ameobis

Look at our squad become magically better and stronger over that time period as we execute our shitty transfer policy that makes a profit....

We'll revisit this post after we play Villa next week, the team certainly wont have "become better and stronger".

Guest tollemache

No, we'll revisit it after the summer transfer window if you don't mind. Some game in September of this year would fit in with the post nicely wouldn't it? Maybe against Villa. As I've said, if we don't continue to improve, I'll get antsy. But so far we're improving, and doing so at a profit. Losing Cabaye is the first time we've been in the position of having to seriously reinvest to cover the loss of a key player we've bought, so that's a bit of a litmus test.

Guest bimpy474

Still doesn't answer why we haven't bought anyone for over a year does it. What went before is very different now, surely you can see it. That policy is dead, we can no longer get the bargains as the French clubs see us coming, and we wont pay the going price for anyone. That is why we have bought no one for so long. What is the policy now ?.

And nothing changes the fact the manager is an idiot, and imo it wouldn't matter if we gave him the players he would rather have. It will go tits up with him in charge in the end, just like every other job he's had, Because he's a limited bullshitting fucktard..

No, we'll revisit it after the summer transfer window if you don't mind

You sound like Pardew with this one.

It's always next time,  or later or next transfer window.

Same as it's always science, or sovereign states or best player sold.

Personally I'm tired of hearing the next time excuse trotted out

Guest tollemache

Ronaldo: a loanee is still a player who comes and plays for your team. If they leave and we don't replace them, THEN it's bad. We may yet sign both permanently.

r0cafella: No, the reason I'm saying September is because every one of the lineups I posted was from a September fixture you numpty. I'm just measuring our progress at regular intervals.

Blimpy: Yep, that we've signed 2 loanees rather than full signings is a departure. It's not dead yet though, if we take one or both on permanently and make another signing or two. I really think we will.

How many quality players do we actually own who aren't looking to get out asap? How many players aren't demoralised and confused by the direction of the club? How many starlets are there waiting to get into the first team? How many of the players can it realistically be said actually believe a word or Pardclues spin week after week?

Ronaldo: a loanee is still a player who comes and plays for your team. If they leave and we don't replace them, THEN it's bad. We may yet sign both permanently.

r0cafella: No, the reason I'm saying September is because every one of the lineups I posted was from a September fixture you numpty. I'm just measuring our progress at regular intervals.

Blimpy: Yep, that we've signed 2 loanees rather than full signings is a departure. It's not dead yet though, if we take one or both on permanently and make another signing or two. I really think we will.

Called a numpty be a person who believes we have a viable transfer policy and a manager who is fit for purpose :D

Guest tollemache

Oh by the way, is the point of view I'm currently putting across considered trolling? Just want to make sure I know when I'm trolling, y'know.