Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's possible. If in September I look at our lineup and see that it's gone downhill compared to the last 3 years I'll have to conclude that we're not making enough effort.

We haven't signed a player on a permanent deal for 2 whole transfer windows. Do you conclude that we are making sufficient effort?

Can you answer that question please?

He has already tbf - because we signed 5 players in January 2013, that's done the trick and any permanent signings in the following 2 windows would be a bit extravagant.  Doesn't seem to matter that we've also removed numerous medium-to-high earners off the wage bill since Summer 2012.

"There's always next window."

Anyway, this thread has been hijacked by posts that'd be more appropriate for the Mike Ashley thread or something. All you have is someone who has totally bought into Ashley's propaganda, leaving no room for the middle ground and the very definition of slow but steady improvement.

Guest tollemache

It's possible. If in September I look at our lineup and see that it's gone downhill compared to the last 3 years I'll have to conclude that we're not making enough effort.

We haven't signed a player on a permanent deal for 2 whole transfer windows. Do you conclude that we are making sufficient effort?

I see you edited it

I see you edited it

Yes, because you refused to answer a basic question as I put it in the original post. The point from my original post about you being an imbecile still stands.

Guest tollemache

And yes, the conversation drifted horribly off-topic so it should probably not continue here, save to say that I'm not buying into anyone's propaganda. I'm basing my opinion on nothing more than watching our transfer activity. I'm not here to defend Ashley or Pardew, neither of whom I think are particularly great at their jobs. I just have a more moderate take on it than thinking they're both pure and simple forces for destruction, and for that I realise that I'll tend to receive a bit of a shoeing on here because everybody absolutely hates both of them. Fine.

Guest tollemache

I see you edited it

Yes, because you refused to answer a basic question as I put it in the original post. The point from my original post about you being an imbecile still stands.

Well you can piss off then can't you?

I see you edited it

Well you can p*ss off then can't you?

Deep down you know you're wrong and not spending a penny in two successive transfer windows does not represent an effort to improve. Despite your best attempts to believe different, you know that is the truth.

Guest tollemache

I addressed that point earlier in the thread. You can read a few pages back if you like but I'm done with you for now, sorry.

Guest bimpy474

Well not buying anyone for 18 months by the time the window reopens is a magnificent achievement. Well done all. Going down the road to Portsmouth is reckless in the extreme.

I addressed that point earlier in the thread. You can read a few pages back if you like but I'm done with you for now, sorry.

Under Keegan when we beat Man Utd 5-0 or Spurs 7-1, under Robson when we beat Man Utd 4-3, Leeds 4-3 or broke the London hoodoo at Arsenal - did you worry about the balance sheet or did you manage to enjoy what you had witnessed?

I enjoyed what I seen on the pitch on those occasions and couldn't give a shit what the balance sheet said because I'm a fan of a football club, not a fan of a business.

Guest tollemache

Can you not enjoy one and still care about the other? They're not mutually exclusive. And the football club you are a fan of is a business. That is simply the way it is.

Guest bimpy474

Can you be a fan of business ?

He has a valid point, Football is a business now, i hate to say it but it is. We do need to be concerned about it, and tbf to Ashley he has done ok with that part. Just my opinion of it.

But what we now have is a business and no football club, a club losing it soul and identity, it so skewed the other way it's ridiculous. Frankly it looks like Ashley isn't interested in as a club to win things with, we're just a vehicle for his jumble sale shops.

Can you not enjoy one and still care about the other? They're not mutually exclusive. And the football club you are a fan of is a business. That is simply the way it is.

It's fucking football, nobody should give a shit about finances. I want to see the team play well and we can't do that with Pardew - there's only one solution and that's to get rid of him. I bet you're the kind of bloke who goes back to the pub after losing 3-2 and giving it the old "ah well, it's the taking part that counts". A lack of competitiveness makes me sad :anguish:

He has a valid point, Football is a business now, i hate to say it but it is. We do need to be concerned about it, and tbf to Ashley he has done ok with that part. Just my opinion of it.

But what we now have is a business and no football club, a club losing it soul and identity, it so skewed the other way it's ridiculous. Frankly it looks like Ashley isn't interested in as a club to win things with, we're just a vehicle for his jumble sale shops.

It's still competitive sport. The team with the best profit margins don't win things. That's not how professional sport works.

I wonder if our next Accountant will get his photo in the paper alongside pardew and sign his contract in the center circle at half time.

I agree to a point. But I don't accept hiring a proven failure is good business and I'm sure you don't either. Even if we sign 5 players this summer it's pointless if we are not going to have a proper manager to manage them. As I said in the other thread, this is Newcastle United.

I remember being the next window guy back in 2009!  :lol:

Did this dude just wake from a comma or something, what vibe is he on?!

Argh, done in by the grammar brigade!

Should really have an exclamation mark after the Argh and start a new sentence.