Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

@RobScanlon_TV

Interviewed Yoan Gouffran today who said Alan Pardew was as angry as he's seen him in the dressing room after the Spurs defeat

At himself, I hope.

Of course not. He's never to blame. Silly.

Well I hope he really laid into Benny and Marv, those lazy fuckers.

He stood in his little box and passively watched the entire shitfest unfold before him. He did nothing to cajole or encourage his team and they responded by laying down. Hope he went fucking ments at them and I also hope they told him to get fucked. He can't motivate them into giving the first fuck any more, he's lost them imo. That's certainly how it looks to me. 

He stood in his little box and passively watched the entire shitfest unfold before him. He did nothing to cajole or encourage his team and they responded by laying down. Hope he went f***ing ments at them and I also hope they told him to get f***ed. He can't motivate them into giving the first f*** any more, he's lost them imo. That's certainly how it looks to me. 

We'll have a better idea if he's lost the players on Sunday,

@RobScanlon_TV

Interviewed Yoan Gouffran today who said Alan Pardew was as angry as he's seen him in the dressing room after the Spurs defeat

At himself, I hope.

Well I hope he really laid into Benny and Marv, those lazy f***ers.

Couldn't even be arsed to play a whole match! Tossers!

Assuming Pardew isn't going anywhere, which would be preferable?

A. Continue to bring in foreign players he is unwilling or unable to use correctly in the hope things click. eg Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

B. Bring in more players with domestic experience, almost certainly of lower quality but that he can probably work with effectively. eg James Tomkins.

Genuine question, because I'm not sure. Obviously as a general rule I want to see more talented players, but what's the point if they don't play or just play badly and we're losing matches left, right and centre?

So what you're asking is:

Assuming we have a shit manager, do we:

A. Bring in good players he can't conceive what to do with, or

B. Bring in shit players he can effectively work with?

The obvious answer is "sack the fuck out of Pardew". He has previous wrt being "lumped with" players who are so damn good that he literally didn't know what to do with them (cf. Tevez & Mascherano).

How are you supposed to do better than mid table with a manager that has no conception of how to do better than that? Fucker would contrive to come in mid table with Barcelona's squad.

As a supporter of a team almost dismantled by Hodgson, I know whereof I speak :(

So what you're asking is:

Assuming we have a shit manager, do we:

A. Bring in good players he can't conceive what to do with, or

B. Bring in shit players he can effectively work with?

The obvious answer is "sack the fuck out of Pardew".

:lol:

In all fairness though, a mixture of the two is the only answer. Ie - bringing in good players from exploitable markets, but who are actually tailored to fit a system. Instead of being targeted purely due to their contractual appeal.

That's what proper clubs do, anyway. Clubs that have a discernible footballing philosophy. Clubs who give a shit. We're none of those things so - when we do bother ourselves to sign anyone - it will continue via a backwards and rigid transfer policy. It has as much danger of working-out okay as it does of working-out hopelessly, and that appears to be something Ashley is willing to risk. Probably cos he doesn't have a fucking clue what a corner flag is.

@RobScanlon_TV

At himself, I hope.

Why should Pardew worry..? He's got the backing of such an outstanding figure of literary prowess in the unshaven Samuel to spout his propaganda..

i honestly don't think it is an easy task for a manager to utilize a player that does not fit into his style of football., just like how Viana was wasted under SBR.  Obviously the majority here don't think it is a difficult one, and believe that a "better" manager must be able to bring the best out from all the players. 

my genuine question is, say if we got Bielsa, the club told him that currently Hatem is the only option and not prepared to buy players he wants that suit his 343, and as a result Bielsa failed to improve our results, whats your take then? Support Bielsa to have more say on transfer based on his record in the past, or trust Carr more because Bielsa failed to bring the best out of the current group and getting a less than decent results?

i honestly don't think it is an easy task for a manager to utilize a player that does not fit into his style of football., just like how Viana was wasted under SBR.  Obviously the majority here don't think it is a difficult one, and believe that a "better" manager must be able to bring the best out from all the players.

I don't think it's that a manager is expected to bring the best of a player out while playing "his" style. Its that a manager should be able to adjust or even change their style based on the players he has.

We have Ben Arfa. His abilities and skills do not work in a long-ball defensive side where he has to track back and help a LB/RB defend. Both CM's (Tiote and Anita) are not so great at launching counter attacks but are fairly good defensively. So why force the into roles they are not good at? How about changing the marking so that one of the CM's shift to help out and have Ben Arfa wait in the CM to launch a counter with the ball at his feet. 

@RobScanlon_TV

Arguing with himself in the mirror.

I dont think so.  Everybody elses fault.  Same as Allardyce.  These men never put a foot wrong in their lives.  Perfection.

Guest Roger Kint

@RobScanlon_TV

At himself, I hope.

Just seen this, probs giggs but it fits:

'Pardew's Logic: Whiskey + Water = Drunk. Rum + Water = Drunk. Scotch + Water = Drunk. Gin + water = Drunk. Blame Water #NUFC #pardewed'

The messed up thing is that I fear we may have to give him his players in order to then facilitate sacking him. Unless the media will always excuse his awfulness, by blaming it on too many French players/foreigners.

Had we bought the players he wanted last summer, we would have had Darren Bent and Downing. Now that's a sobering thought.

It certainly beats "We was very lucky to stay up last year, the players was tired from Europe. I think we should be grateful to Mike that we're even in the Premier League. We could so easily be playing in the Conference. Let's just see if we can beat Villa first, they is a good team and we have to keep it tight at the back and be cautious. 8th would be like top for us."

It certainly beats "We was very lucky to stay up last year, the players was tired from Europe. I think we should be grateful to Mike that we're even in the Premier League. We could so easily be playing in the Conference. Let's just see if we can beat Villa first, they is a good team and we have to keep it tight at the back and be cautious. 8th would be like top for us."

:sad:

So-Carr scouts Tiote, Cabaye, Debuchy et al while Pardew chose Squidward and wanted Downing and Bent....

F***'s sake...if he's let anywhere near our transfer budget* this Summer... :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

*Mind-thought that in January. And last Summer.  :(

So-Carr scouts Tiote, Cabaye, Debuchy et al while Pardew chose Squidward and wanted Downing and Bent....

F***'s sake...if he's let anywhere near our transfer budget* this Summer... :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

*Mind-thought that in January. And last Summer.  :(

We weren't even prepared to match Villa's 1.5 million fee  :lol: :lol:

Assuming Pardew isn't going anywhere, which would be preferable?

A. Continue to bring in foreign players he is unwilling or unable to use correctly in the hope things click. eg Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

B. Bring in more players with domestic experience, almost certainly of lower quality but that he can probably work with effectively. eg James Tomkins.

Genuine question, because I'm not sure. Obviously as a general rule I want to see more talented players, but what's the point if they don't play or just play badly and we're losing matches left, right and centre?

He'd just turn us into Stoke except a more defensive version. How well are they doing?

Personally I think if you let him bring in his own players we'd end up fighting relegation again in no time, judging by his CV. His methods are comparable to the likes of Allardyce and Pullis but they are better managers.