Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bill Kenwright at Everton doesn't spend money either. He just recognises that spending on a decent manager is the best investment you can make.

They've spent plenty.

Where have they spent plenty?

Here's a few from recent years that would give Mike Ashley sleepless nights.

Johnson £8.5m

Yakubu £11.5m

Fellaini £15m

Bilyaletdinov £10m

McCarthy £13m

They've sold some players for big money (after getting good use out of them) but the key thing is they're not terrified of spending what they have like we are.

Coloccini £10m

Alan Smith £6m

Cisse £9m

Anita £6m

Enrique £6m

I still say the main difference was investing in a decent manager.

We'll not win tomorrow, Stoke are a very, very good side, we can't compete with their financial clout.

They'll be a canny bit poorer tomorrow if all the people on here betting on them to win are using Bet365.

Anyway, for probably the first time supporting Newcastle I want to see us lose as many games between now and the end of the season so see the fraud sacked.  It might not happen but I'll have a little hope, I have no hope with the fraud managing us so as many goals against as possible.  The season is clearly over as nobody at the club seems to give a shit so why should I?

If we pick up a couple of results the fraud will remain at the club and it's more than likely going to be more of the same.  Lose and it might make a difference and we might just get lucky and appoint a manager who is capable of getting the players to perform in a way that most of us will be happy with.

I fail to see why anybody would want things to go on the way they are currently going and we're almost guaranteed for that to happen if Pardew remains.  I'll accept another 5 defeats in the hope that he goes and better times are ahead, I want his position to become untenable.

Anyway, for probably the first time supporting Newcastle I want to see us lose as many games between now and the end of the season so see the fraud sacked.  It might not happen but I'll have a little hope, I have no hope with the fraud managing us so as many goals against as possible.  The season is clearly over as nobody at the club seems to give a shit so why should I?

If we pick up a couple of results the fraud will remain at the club and it's more than likely going to be more of the same.  Lose and it might make a difference and we might just get lucky and appoint a manager who is capable of getting the players to perform in a way that most of us will be happy with.

I fail to see why anybody would want things to go on the way they are currently going and we're almost guaranteed for that to happen if Pardew remains.  I'll accept another 5 defeats in the hope that he goes and better times are ahead, I want his position to become untenable.

I don't know why anyone is so confident about Pardew being unsackable. The one thing we know about Ashley is that he's very unpredictable with hiring and firing managers.

Who saw the sacking of Hughton coming? The hiring of Kinnear? Pardew 8 year contract?

They guy is anything but predictable. Even if results do get better between now and the end of the season I still wouldn't bet against Pardew being sacked.

However, my personal opinion is that Ashley knows he fucked up appointing Kinnear and blames him for he lack of signings and therefore our shitty results.... at least in part. And that's why Pardew hasn't been sacked already.

Still, I don't know how anyone can claim to be confident one way or the other.

Anyway, for probably the first time supporting Newcastle I want to see us lose as many games between now and the end of the season so see the fraud sacked.  It might not happen but I'll have a little hope, I have no hope with the fraud managing us so as many goals against as possible.  The season is clearly over as nobody at the club seems to give a s*** so why should I?

:thup: I definitely don't think he's unsackable, the more pressure the better, I don't enjoy seeing us win with this fraud in charge and as we're safe, we may as well lose as I'm pretty much ambivalent to that too. Even if there's only a slight chance he'll get sacked I'll take it!

Yeah, I definitely feel like he could be sacked.

The media is picking up on the fans dissatisfaction with him, and the pressure is being cranked up now.

If we keep getting battered it will get louder and louder, and he might have to go in Mike's eyes.

It will just be such a bad sign going into next season and they won't want to get any players he wants either.

Yeah, I definitely feel like he could be sacked.

The media is picking up on the fans dissatisfaction with him, and the pressure is being cranked up now.

If we keep getting battered it will get louder and louder, and he might have to go in Mike's eyes.

It will just be such a bad sign going into next season and they won't want to get any players he wants either.

I agree, he's definitely not immune. The sticking point is obviously the league position, which is probably acceptable to the owner.

The sticking point is obviously the league position, which is probably acceptable to the owner.

with any luck someone will point out to ashley that the entirety of last season was fucking horrible and we nearly went down, this season was poor except for that run of games that cemented the top half spot and then it's back to relegation form again

he's essentially gambling that pardew can put a similar run together i suppose if he keeps him, because normal ops for pards is relegation-level football and we all know it

EDIT: i suppose he's also gambling that below the top 7 no-one else strengthens and the table remains woeful below that point, otherwise even 'good' pardew will not likely get him his top 10

The sticking point is obviously the league position, which is probably acceptable to the owner.

with any luck someone will point out to ashley that the entirety of last season was fucking horrible and we nearly went down, this season was poor except for that run of games that cemented the top half spot and then it's back to relegation form again

he's essentially gambling that pardew can put a similar run together i suppose if he keeps him, because normal ops for pards is relegation-level football and we all know it

It seems to be the way, yeah, unless we can provide him with good enough individual players to get us through games.

The strange thing about Ashley (so far) has been his lack of faith in the input of football people, and his failure to realise that with an average manager he is getting so much less than the best performance out of his assets. The issue is whether he's realising now. If he really did sack Kinnear for footballing reasons, then maybe he's moving in the right direction.

I would be 100% in favour of a Pardew sacking if I thought Ashley was going to put some proper consideration into choosing a good manager.