Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2603213/THE-FOOTBALL-GRAPEVINE-Arsenal-join-hunt-Lukaku-cost-spirals-40m-Spurs-look-sell-flop-Lamela-Italy-half-price-paid.html

Newcastle have been on a poor run but it would make no sense to axe manager Alan Pardew. Yet a poll last week suggested that 86 per cent of supporters want Pardew out.

Pardew even admitted this week: ‘I’m under huge pressure. I do think we are at one of our lowest ebbs.’

Maybe so, but a quick look at the table shows Newcastle comfortably in the top 10. There hasn’t even been the hint of a relegation battle all season.

OK, it’s another trophyless season, but that has been the case since 1969.

Overall Pardew has done a good job in just over four years at the club, a stint which incredibly makes him the second longest serving manager in the Premier League behind Arsene Wenger.

I would suggest the Toon Army put their foot on the ball, be more patient with Pards and be careful what they wish for.

:lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2603213/THE-FOOTBALL-GRAPEVINE-Arsenal-join-hunt-Lukaku-cost-spirals-40m-Spurs-look-sell-flop-Lamela-Italy-half-price-paid.html

Newcastle have been on a poor run but it would make no sense to axe manager Alan Pardew. Yet a poll last week suggested that 86 per cent of supporters want Pardew out.

Pardew even admitted this week: ‘I’m under huge pressure. I do think we are at one of our lowest ebbs.’

Maybe so, but a quick look at the table shows Newcastle comfortably in the top 10. There hasn’t even been the hint of a relegation battle all season.

Overall Pardew has done a good job in just over four years at the club, a stint which incredibly makes him the second longest serving manager in the Premier League behind Arsene Wenger.

I would suggest the Toon Army put their foot on the ball, be more patient with Pards and be careful what they wish for.

Phoned that fucker in

I would suggest Rob Shepherd has his head surgically removed from his arse.

Guest firetotheworks

Should also add that these people that can only see the players directly influencing results and ignoring the manager are idiots that know nothing at all about football. The same people that would have allowed Souness to carry on had all of our signings that summer been solely Shepherd's.

I record the Sunday Supplement on Sky but like the last few weeks I'm going to delete it without watching it. I don't need to see Shaun Custis telling the whole of England that Pardew can't do anything because his hands are tied. I'd love to think we were going to lose against Swansea but I can see another jammy win similar to the Villa one which took all the pressure off Pards last time.

Guest firetotheworks

"Who else could we get?" is the new "you weren't complaining when we finished fifth."

Well, we were (ish) and the answer is someone that doesn't break every negative nufc record going and has a team full of clearly talented players languishing well below their capabilities. There's nobody that could do a worse job. I'd do a fucking better job by walking in and simply walking in picking something resembling our best team, asking them to express themselves, enjoy their football and attack.

I think we'll beat Swansea, purely and simply because this c***'s unbelievable luck will see us through.

A defeat will see SJP the way it should have been since the day he rocked up. My little part of it has been. I reckon the folk who sit near me are sick to death of me calling him a c*** every five minutes. My missus for one.

He doesn't seem to have been having unbelievable luck recently.

Did you watch today's match? Crouch could have taken two match balls home.

I don't think an average opposing striker missing chances is 'unbelievable luck' though. Certainly not when we also conceded a freak goal, had a penalty denied and have lost nearly every game in living memory.

Give it up Ian.  You can't defend the indefensible

What are you on about? I'm not defending anything, I'm just saying Pardew hasn't been unbelievably lucky. Which he quite obviously hasn't.

I think we'll beat Swansea, purely and simply because this c***'s unbelievable luck will see us through.

A defeat will see SJP the way it should have been since the day he rocked up. My little part of it has been. I reckon the folk who sit near me are sick to death of me calling him a c*** every five minutes. My missus for one.

I don't think an average opposing striker missing chances is 'unbelievable luck' though. Certainly not when we also conceded a freak goal, had a penalty denied and have lost nearly every game in living memory.

What are you on about? I'm not defending anything, I'm just saying Pardew hasn't been unbelievably lucky. Which he quite obviously hasn't.

Well you can't expect the ref two send off 2 Stoke players every time you play them.

If you are trying to explain away today's defeat by evoking any notion of poor fortune you are well wide of the mark.  Freak goal, penalty denied - fuck off man

Guest firetotheworks

No one will have watched this except the Geordies...I'll TELL them what happened...if they don't agree, no one will care.