Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1 minute ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Yes I can see how you wouldn’t countenance that at all. 

I'd call you names on here but I wouldn't say shit to your face.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Fair enough, they watch them week in and week out. 

Its amazing what one game can do though, the vast majority wanted him sacked before they won that game, one freak result and they now all want him to stay and are pretending they never wanted him to be sacked in the first place[emoji38].

Edited by Geogaddi

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Its amazing what one game can do though, the vast majority wanted him sacked before they won that game, one freak result and they now all want him to stay and are pretending they never wanted him to be sacked in the first place[emoji38].

Happy days for us, 3 seasons in and they don’t have a distinct style of play other than counter attacking like some bottom half of the table side. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Happy days for us, 3 seasons in and they don’t have a distinct style of play other than counter attacking like some bottom half of the table side. 

Exactly, I really hope they keep him as it gives us a far better chance of finishing above them again next season.

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Exactly, I really hope they keep him as it gives us a far better chance of finishing above them again next season.

I’m actually not concerned about them, it’s more of a morbid interest. We’ve been better than them for 2 years now and I’m not seeing the dysfunctional nature changing for them at present. 

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I’m actually not concerned about them, it’s more of a morbid interest. We’ve been better than them for 2 years now and I’m not seeing the dysfunctional nature changing for them at present. 

I think we need to decide what the word better means.

18 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We've been a counter attacking side for 30 years.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Are you a man united fan? If so we have one and that is more than enough :lol:

Tell me about him, what's he like?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, King Billy said:

Happy with the fast action in terms of the club hierachy, not happy with how he seems to like the sound of his own voice. He's mouthy and he's mouthy publicly which I hate.

Well, completely new frog avatared member, what do you think of all the cost cutting stuff? (I've no idea why both this and putting new skylights into the training ground offices were the main story on the Times sports pages today btw)

On the one hand, I think taking out unnecessary back office waste always has to be a good thing. You can question the way he's doing it maybe, but not the general idea.

But then, we had an owner like that and it turns out he ran our club like any of his other businesses, without understanding the sport at all and look where that went. Initially, I was fully supportive of him driving hard bargains and cutting out unnecessary stuff too.

If he does that on the football side too though, that's a worry. But not for me obviously :lol:. Basically, are you worried he is just another Glazer?

If he's prepared to leave the football side well alone to people that do know that side of it fair enough. But in which case, why attempt to penny pinch for months over Ashworth whom he surely needs?

Time will tell if he can keep his hands off once they're in place, because to me there are a few things he's not showing the best judgement on in his public utterances.

Edited by Abacus

2 hours ago, King Billy said:

And we had to play McTominay and Mainoo because Casemiro and Mount were injured, which is the same thing as having to play Longstaff/Miley but looks like it worked out for us simply because Mainoo is incredible. If Miley was even half as good as Mainoo I doubt we'd even discuss this. We going to pretend like Howe doesn't love Longstaff anyway?

There was no area of your team that was devastated anywhere near as much as our defence was which is why it's the topic on hand. I could be wrong, but I believe nobody on your team all year had to play out of position. You always had a player available in their recognised position. We had defensive midfielders at centre back, defensive midfielders at left back, wingers at striker. Jesus Christ we even had to play Antony at left back at one point. :lol: 

We had the most separate injuries. We had the most individual players injured. We had the most players out injured in a single gameweek. And the "minutes lost" table that people will inevitably share doesn't include players who were injured before the season starts, so add on 3000+ for Malacia and we'll top that list too.

Your injuries, while bad, were not worse.

I must have imagined the games when we had no striker, Murphy at fullback, or Tino in the front three.

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I must have imagined the games when we had no striker, Murphy at fullback, or Tino in the front three.

Forgot Howe played Murphy at full back when you had Livramento, Murphy and Hall on the bench. Bad management to be honest. Howe out.