Silly, unnecessary fouls around our own box

Shak

Is it me or do we give away more of these than most teams?

Couple of times I recall today where Man U had the ball out wide, going away from goal with a couple of our lads on them and one of our lads has just taken them down for no reason. It's not like we're getting done by a nice trick or being beaten to a 50/50 ball either, just clumsy challenges that take a situation we have under control and turn it into a good chance to get a ball in the box.

Yanga-Mbiwa was guilty of one late on, I recall a particularly silly one from Sissoko too. Luckily nothing came of it today but it just seems very daft, especially when they looked so toothless in open play.

Not to nitpick after such a great performance, just wondering if anyone else noticed?

Was foaming at the one Mbiwa gave away. I think he had just came on and wanted to impose himself straight away, rather than just shadowing his man.

Didn't think it was a foul personally.

We do, but I think we often get a lot of soft ones given against us as well as the ones that are fair game.

That fucking Januzaj is almost as bad as Ashley Young for throwing himself over. What a little scrote.

Guest Howaythetoon

Is it me or do we give away more of these than most teams?

Couple of times I recall today where Man U had the ball out wide, going away from goal with a couple of our lads on them and one of our lads has just taken them down for no reason. It's not like we're getting done by a nice trick or being beaten to a 50/50 ball either, just clumsy challenges that take a situation we have under control and turn it into a good chance to get a ball in the box.

Yanga-Mbiwa was guilty of one late on, I recall a particularly silly one from Sissoko too. Luckily nothing came of it today but it just seems very daft, especially when they looked so toothless in open play.

Not to nitpick after such a great performance, just wondering if anyone else noticed?

I think its just a sign of our eagerness to get the ball back and a by product of our overall pressing game. Its not something you want to see happen but I don't think its a weakness or anything. We have a lot of players who like to get stuck in and like to try and nick the ball back.

Ref rather than players imo, but I'm biased. :undecided:

I must be biased too because the fouls that were called against us didn't balance with the exact same stuff man united were getting away with.

Especially that foul by Nani on Anita, that was absolutely filthy, studs on the ankle area. Then the cunt had the nerve to drag Vurn to his feet as if to say it wasn't a foul. the commentators were saying it didn't look much, then on the slow motion, you could see clearly it was a nasty foul and they didn't say anything about it. Easily a yellow and arguably a red.

Was foaming at the one Mbiwa gave away. I think he had just came on and wanted to impose himself straight away, rather than just shadowing his man.

Didn't think it was a foul personally.

i thought he just kicked the ball from between his legs.

Ref rather than players imo, but I'm biased. :undecided:

I must be biased too because the fouls that were called against us didn't balance with the exact same stuff man united were getting away with.

Especially that foul by Nani on Anita, that was absolutely filthy, studs on the ankle area. Then the c*** had the nerve to drag Vurn to his feet as if to say it wasn't a foul. the commentators were saying it didn't look much, then on the slow motion, you could see clearly it was a nasty foul and they didn't say anything about it. Easily a yellow and arguably a red.

I was fuming after that. Nani knew he almost broke Vurn's leg and went to drag him up right away. c***.