The remainder of the season?

geordie_b

We are out of both cups and 10 points clear of tenth with little chance of getting into the automatic European qualification spots.

So what now for the rest of the season?

I can't see us building (or wanting) to challenge for the top 5/6 and as the season fizzles out I worry the French players heading to the WC will give up. As far as I'm concerned today was the end of our season and as far as Ashley is concerned, its probably job done.

Not getting beat off the mackems and maybe one more headline result to look forward me thinks aside from that I think we'll be in a league to ourselves 'til the end of the season. I'm of the opinion a few of the World Cup lot will start phoning it in come the end of the season too, players were doing it last season when we were in the shit so hard to see why they wouldn't this time.

In a way it's a bit of shame the top 6/7 look so strong this season and the league is very much split already unlike it being quite staggered as per normal.

Saying that 8th or 9th isn't so bad (as much as I don't like saying) particularly in reference to horrific dross we served up last season. As with last season we always have a bad run in us though.

Guest palnese

All we can hope for is winning the Derby ( :yao: ) and see the mackems get relegated.

Fucking hate the state we're in.

I think we'll wind up 7th or 8th.

With Man United and Spurs still to play at home, you'd like to think 7th was still a possibility.

I think we can lump Everton in there too. We're within 2 wins of those, win the home game there and it's also a possibility.

The worry will be if we start dropping like a stone as soon as 40 points is achieved.

As an ex-season ticket holder, was saying to my dad-in-law who went with me today, that I miss going to games. Then again, after witnessing what I did - I remember one of the main reasons why I packed in. There's no joy in it any more.

With Man United and Spurs still to play at home, you'd like to think 7th was still a possibility.

I think we can lump Everton in there too. We're within 2 wins of those, win the home game there and it's also a possibility.

Perhaps, I think they're there for the long haul though as they keep picking up points, we've lost 5 times more than them already.

Perhaps, I think they're there for the long haul though as they keep picking up points, we've lost 5 times more than them already.

True, we've also won the same number of games though.

Guest bimpy474

When we buy no one this month, i think for the first time, i really wont care what happens. The FA Cup is the one thing we have a decent chance of winning, and the cunts in charge of this club just dont give a shit what we think.

These are my targets for the season:

- Beat the mackems (& their relegation)

- Try and get 7th

- Secure HBA to new contract (unlikely)

- Sign Remy

Thats it. Depressing, really.

All of them are eminently possible but I would not be surprised if they all didn't happen.

The run from Spurs at home to Man United at home will define the rest of our season. That's eight games where we could/should be picking up a hefty haul of points.

The 3 games after City, we should be getting 7 points absolute minimum. That would put us to 40 points from 24 which is more or less where we were two seasons ago. Hopefully we can then go on a similar run to how that season ended in that run of games you mention.