Remy Cabella

Yaron

Guest Roger Kint

Bonjour et bienvenue à Korzy le forum. Merci pour partager vos pensées sur nos nouvelles recrues. Nous sommes tous très excités par Cabella. Nous avons encore besoin d'un attaquant et Rivière ne semble pas assez bon. Pensez-vous que Lyon sont prêts à vendre Lacazette et à quel prix?

You can speak English. This is your forum. I can understand written English. My problem is that I can't construct sentences in English so I use google translation to try to make me understand.

You can speak English. This is your forum. I can understand written English. My problem is that I can not construct sentences in English so I use google translation to try to make me understand.

Aulas (Lyon president) and the new coach (Hubbert Fournier) want to keep Lacazette. The fans too.

Lyon could sell Grenier but Lacazette seems very complicated. Without him, Lyon couldn't hope to finish in third place to qualify for the Champions League and he hasn't finished progressing.

If he continues as he has this season, he could score 25-30 goals next season and Lyon could sell very expensive in 2015. He's the best young player (with Martial) formed by  Lyon since Benzema.

An offer of 20 million would be its current price but his importance to Lyon is huge so I don't think it would suffice.

Especially that Aulas sold last season Anthony Martial (huge potential) because the club refused to sell Gonalons Naples and they needed  money. The fans were angry, they are insulted Aulas on Twitter and Facebook  saying before he was a great president but the last 4 years he becomes a crazy old man.

They have already sold Gomis and Antony Martial. They only have two strikers : Lacazette and Benzia (good potential but no experience)

So I don't think Lacazette leave except Newcastle offers 25 million.

I cant see Newcastle spending anywhere near that amount. Can you think of any other strikers in Ligue 1, that Newcastle could potentially target?

Vincent Aboubakar ( 10-15 millions ) much better than Rivière, he scores 16 goals in 36matchs.

Wissam Ben Yedder he scores  17 buts in 42 matchs ( 5 assists )  I don't know how much he costs but he's  very good, he has played with Rivière at Toulouse and we saw that he was much better than him! Problem, he isn't tall and not very strong, I don't know if his profile is suitable for the  Premier League.

Is Aboubakar a target man type player?

The video i saw stated he was weakest at holding the ball but hes 6Ft+ and can play across the front

Edit: Like a bigger version of Cisse really without the out of nowhere screamers although thats only based on about 8 mins of highlights :lol:

Guest Korzy

He played Valenciennes during 3 years (2010-2013).

He was a very bad striker! Powerful, fast, but lacking technical, intelligence and finishing.

But since he is in Lorient, he became good. He has really progressed!

It is still fast and powerful, technically better, better finish, good enough to head ...

If I had to compare him to a player, I'd say it's Demba Ba younger and faster.

But  he has make only a good season. I don't know if next season he will be even better or become the player that he was at Valenciennes !

For me, best strikers in L1 ( 2013-2014 )

1. Ibra

2. Cavani

3. Lacazette

4. Kalou

5. Aboubakar/Gignac

He played Valenciennes during 3 years (2010-2013).

He was a very bad striker! Powerful, fast, but lacking technical, intelligence and finishing.

But since he is in Lorient, he became good. He has really progressed!

It is still fast and powerful, technically better, better finish, good enough to head ...

If I had to compare him to a player, I'd say it's Demba Ba younger and faster.

But  he has make only a good season. I don't know if next season he will be even better or become the player that he was at Valenciennes !

For me, best strikers in L1 ( 2013-2014 )

1. Ibra

2. Cavani

3. Lacazette

4. Kalou

5. Aboubakar/Gignac

You forgot Riviere.

Guest VanBarduck

I completely agree with every thing my fellow countryman wrote.

Especially his description of Rivière (headless chicken) which I found extremely accurate. :lol: :lol:

His opinion on Grenier is spot on too, I think he's stagnating and he really needs to play at an other level, with a coach that can help him find his game, I think he'll be better as deep-lying playmaker for instance.

And as for Lacazette there's simply no chance of getting him considering he's the best player that came out of their academy since Benzema.

"He wanted to go there. Because I like the little guy, I told him 'Bravo'.

"In England, there is Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United who are better than Newcastle, but Newcastle is a club with a lot of French players.

"He likes that -- all the better for him. Personally, I wouldn't go to Newcastle.

"But in any case, he has the ability to succeed in England. That's certain."

"He wanted to go there. Because I like the little guy, I told him 'Bravo'.

"In England, there is Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United who are better than Newcastle, but Newcastle is a club with a lot of French players.

"He likes that -- all the better for him. Personally, I wouldn't go to Newcastle.

"But in any case, he has the ability to succeed in England. That's certain."

But Nicollin, who adopted an uncompromising stance in January, was less than impressed with Cabella's decision to head for Tyneside.

He told Foot Mercato: "He wanted to go. I wasn't happy, but I told him, 'Congratulations'.

"In England, there is Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United, which are above Newcastle, but Newcastle is a club with a lot of French. He likes them, so great.

"Personally, I would not go to Newcastle. But hey, I'll see him when he plays against a club in London!

"He has what he wants, fine, we'll see. But in any case, he has the ability to succeed in England, that's for sure.

"He is frail, but he's hard to catch."

"It was not the 15 million euros, but it is not far."

A different interpretation. Still, Nicollin is a massive arse.

I am already sick of people saying Cabella is the Cabaye replacement. He is a replacement in the sense that we shall look to play through him, so he is the main creative outlet. That is where the similarities end. Cabella is a winger or a CAM, Cabaye is a DM or a CM. Totally different styles of play, yet loads of people I talk to think Cabella is going to be playing in central midfield.

Why is this? This is from some of our own fans, aswell as some mates who support the likes of Southampton and Arsenal etc, do these people not watch football?

Yohan can't dribble to start with so they are hardly like for like replacements.

When people say replacement for Cabaye they don't mean in a positional sense.

They mean skillset wise, he'll replace a lot of guile that Cabaye gave the team. In a sense we haven't and won't IMO replace Cabaye in a positional sense but we have replaced his skillset in Cabella and De Jong.

That's what people mean by Cabaye replacement, not that he's gonna play CM.

They mean skillset wise, he'll replace a lot of guile that Cabaye gave the team. In a sense we haven't and won't IMO replace Cabaye in a positional sense but we have replaced his skillset in Cabella and De Jong.

Nope, I have had a Mackem and a Arsenal fan say they don't thing he will survive in the 'engine room' as he doesn't have the build for it. They definitely meant CM.

so i guess next season the plan is

Riviere

Cabella      De Jong      Sissoko

Tiote        Anita (or Colback?)

Haidara    Colo      Wilo      Janmaat

Krul

Tbh looks reasonable, but I dunno about De Jong and Riviere tbh

It'll definitely be Colback over Anita.

Nope, I have had a Mackem and a Arsenal fan say they don't thing he will survive in the 'engine room' as he doesn't have the build for it. They definitely meant CM.

Meh i can't control what someone says, rest assured the large majority know he isn't gonna be playing CM though.

Meh i can't control what someone says, rest assured the large majority know he isn't gonna be playing CM though.

You say that, but alot of our own fan base will still be behind Pardew come 16th August. Therefore it is hard to rest assured.

so i guess next season the plan is

Riviere

Cabella      De Jong      Sissoko

Tiote        Anita (or Colback?)

Krul

Tbh looks reasonable, but I dunno about De Jong and Riviere tbh

Can already see the defensive sub Colback/Anita on and De Jong off. And Riviere or Cisse or whoever is the striker is left totally isolated.

Thing is our '4-2-3-1' always turns out in practice to be this:

Riviere

De Jong     

Cabella    Tiote    Anita      Sissoko

Krul

Which is a flat 4-4-1-1.  We really need to take the brakes off our attacking players this season and let them do their jobs.

Thing is our '4-2-3-1' always turns out in practice to be this:

Riviere

De Jong     

Cabella    Tiote    Anita      Sissoko

Krul

Which is a flat 4-4-1-1.  We really need to take the brakes off our attacking players this season and let them do their jobs.

:thup:

Doesn't help that our central midfield is powder puff.

I think our central midfield can be made to look worse than it is at times by us inviting pressure onto ourselves.  When we drop deep we give the opposition free rein to push players up and they then naturally have more options than they would otherwise.  If we maintained an attacking threat even when not in possession we'd free a bit of space for the midfield to work in and be able to stretch the space more than we do now.

I think our central midfield can be made to look worse than it is at times by us inviting pressure onto ourselves.  When we drop deep we give the opposition free rein to push players up and they then naturally have more options than they would otherwise.  If we maintained an attacking threat even when not in possession we'd free a bit of space for the midfield to work in and be able to stretch the space more than we do now.

It's just very run of the mill for me personally.

The midfield unit doesn't excel at anything which is disappointing to say the least.

I like Anita a lot but for me he can't be played as part of a "2"

As for Tiote the less said the better.

Personally I would like to see Cabella and De Jong play centrally next season

Would like to see us line up like this next season

Juventus 3-5-2 (Cabella in Pirlo type role, Colback and Sissoko in the Pogba/Vidal type roles)

Krul

MYM    Willo  Colo

Janmaat                      Haidara

Sissoko Cabella Colback

Riviere  De Jong

or a Liverpool 4-4-2  (Cabella in the Sterling/Coutinho role, Sissoko and Colback playing as Henderson/Allen)

Krul

Janmaat  Willo      Colo  Haidara

Tiote

Sissoko              Colback

Cabella

Riviere      De Jong

Not that this would be anywhere near the playbook :p