January 2014 Fans Forum Minutes

Guest Roger Kint

Gareth Beard (GB), on behalf of NUDSA, added: "Since all-seater stadia, facilities for the disabled have improved massively. I wouldn't like to see standing at all."

Despite all the nonsense about cups, advertising boards etc, that is possibly the daftest thing said in the whole meeting.

Gareth Beard (GB), on behalf of NUDSA, added: "Since all-seater stadia, facilities for the disabled have improved massively. I wouldn't like to see standing at all."

Despite all the nonsense about cups, advertising boards etc, that is possibly the daftest thing said in the whole meeting.

:lol:

Stunning.

I mean the ambition debate aside the whole 'showcase' thing is a massive insult to our collective intelligence. I might try that in a restaurant. Not pay my bill to 'showcase' how nice the food was. Except like SD, I'll just been chomping on a massive shit pie.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm fairly sure the advertising space has been bid for and rejected.

Remember in Europe last year - every single match there was a Sports Direct advert tailored to the country of the opposition. www.sportsdirect.fr - Le best sports oui! etc etc,

It's quite clear he's happy just to remain in the league and doesn't care about tangible success - but what is he actually getting out of it?

They have to become more cute about the message they are relaying to supporters because at the moment, what is the incentive for the rest of the season - for fans and players alike.  If we continue to drift along to get a top 10 finish, performances and results could suffer but do too well and then there is Europe to worry about.  It is only the French players who should have some motivation to do well.

I do think fans will start to stay away.  The amount of cheap deals and increasing desperation to flog tickets in the days up to a match shows they are struggling to sell them.  Why should fans buy season tickets when they end up paying more for tickets than if they buy them on a game by game basis?  One of the main reasons for buying season tickets used to be to get away tickets and hopefully enough points should we ever get to a Cup Final - if we are not doing cups then why buy?

I mean the ambition debate aside the whole 'showcase' thing is a massive insult to our collective intelligence. I might try that in a restaurant. Not pay my bill to 'showcase' how nice the food was. Except like SD, I'll just been chomping on a massive shit pie.

:lol: brilliant.

Th eonly thing I can think of for that advertising space is ashley has a set price/figure he wants and wont budge on it...Basically nobody is willing to give him his price so he just advertises SD.

Or they are fuck of cack and the space is never there to be purchased.

Guest Roger Kint

Th eonly thing I can think of for that advertising space is ashley has a set price/figure he wants and wont budge on it...Basically nobody is willing to give him his price so he just advertises SD.

Or they are fuck of cack and the space is never there to be purchased.

Thing is in the past there were about 3/4 with the majority of signs(Shepherd Offshore, Barclays etc) and the rest shared between smaller companies. Surely he could sell 25% and make a decent wedge? It stinks of him not wanting anyone else at all.

Ties in with his original agenda on buying the club - to make NUFC an advertising machine for SD.

Should be no surprise to anyone that they are not willing to release any of their advertising space really.

I really can't see much to criticise from the minutes of the meeting apart from it's generally pretty bland stuff.

There is a certain "prejudice" against anything they say or do at the moment and they're going to be condemned by many regardless. Some even accuse them of lying but they're probably being more honest than most other football clubs. They're certainly honest regarding cup competitions, and get beaten up for it, but I'm sure most members of the playing and coaching staff would put it quite differently. Maybe someone from the playing side could be added to the forum?

It's good to see the singing section stuff being discussed and some of the other fans issues being raised. At the end of the day that is probably the primary objective of a "fan's forum" rather than self important groups behaving like brats and trying to score points all the time.

Regarding the "bigger issues" they seem to have answered them quite well. The fanzines etc have loved bashing on about commercial turnover, stock, warehousing, online purchasing, Sports Direct/NUFC etc and they gave pretty decent answers. Even before hearing that it looked most likely that NUFC's retail operation was riding on the back of Sports Direct infrastructure and technology and should perhaps be thankful for that rather than critical of it. If it increases efficiency and profit margin, which it should, then only a fool could argue against it. We'll see.

The badly answered or unanswered one remains the SD signage advertising around the stadium. They may be better just coming clean and admitting that a high profile Premiership football club and the owner's primary business interest are, at this moment in time, a very good fit and they will be there for quite some time yet.

The one thing worst than the minutes and how our club is run imo is the willingness of some fans to turn a nonchalant eye to what is going on and gladly accept mediocrity and everything they throw up.