The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Up until the goal, Real couldn't deal with Bayern's pressing but since then they've counter attacked brilliantly, look like they'll score every time they get it. Bayern have no ideas, they just keep crossing. Kroos is playing way too deep. Mandzukic anonymous. I'd say they might bring on Muller soon enough. Alaba has probably been their most dangerous player in the first half which says a lot. Their best chances gave come from set pieces

Real should be 3-0 up. Ancelotti tactical masterclass there, like.

The 4-4-2 is so much better than the 4-5-1 for this type of match. Gives you a real chance on the counter. A 4-5-1 would have the team chasing shadows all the time. Get a break in a 4-4-2 and there's options galore.

Its more of a 433 than 442, just with the top three rotating a lot

Madrid should be 3 up. Bayerns defence is poor.

It's not poor but they push so far up. Alonso, Modric & Isco are brilliant for picking quick passes for the counter... Benzema, Di Maria & Cronaldo are unstoppable at times.

A defence pushing up too far against them is a poor defence, could have let 4 in there.

The 4-4-2 is so much better than the 4-5-1 for this type of match. Gives you a real chance on the counter. A 4-5-1 would have the team chasing shadows all the time. Get a break in a 4-4-2 and there's options galore.

In defence it's been 4-4-2.

Not really. When they don't have the ball it's a 4-4-2, it's clear as day. Di Maria is quick to join attacks - but he's Di Maria, lungs the sizes of bagpipes and very quick over long or short distances.

It's the same formation as the Barca cup final and that was also a 4-4-2.

Isco's brilliant at picking a pass to set-up counters but he's struggling here. Drop the G bomb at some point, he'll be able to track Robben and run... if he's feeling okay.

I think Carlo is class but I wouldn't say it's been a masterclass.

It's Ronaldo, he has no right to call anyone biased ever again. He'd basically lick Carlo's ballwax if he had the chance.

I can't say I watch a lot of Bayern games nor do I see many games for France but I very rarely see anything that indicates that Franck Ribery is one of the worlds best. Am I blind or is he maybe a bit overrated?

I can't say I watch a lot of Bayern games nor do I see many games for France but I very rarely see anything that indicates that Franck Ribery is one of the worlds best. Am I blind or is he maybe a bit overrated?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Robben is a way better player

Has nowhere near the talent of Robben.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Robben is a way better player

Depends completely how you look at it. Ribery offers more throughout the pitch, Robben is more dangerous in the final third. If I had to pick one player in my team of the two it would be Ribery every day for what he offers both ways.