The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Don't really feel like laughing at Sunderland anymore, they've arguably had a better season than us truth be told, brought in a good manager, in a cup final with a possible other cup final on the way, two derby wins and starting to beat the teams around them, will stay up IMO.

If they lose the final and go down they will not have had a better season than us. I still fear that they will both win the final and stay up, but at the moment I would say the odds of that are fairly short.

Don't really feel like laughing at Sunderland anymore, they've arguably had a better season than us truth be told, brought in a good manager, in a cup final with a possible other cup final on the way, two derby wins and starting to beat the teams around them, will stay up IMO.

If they lose the final and go down they will not have had a better season than us. I still fear that they will both win the final and stay up, but at the moment I would say the odds of that are fairly short.

Yeah in that case definitely not, but should they manage to stay up and even be runners up one of the cup finals I would still consider that a better season than us.

I think they will push on next season aswell if they do beat the drop, just hope they spunk their money on absolute dross like they always do.

Edit: Yes I'm aware they are already guaranteed runners up  :lol:

Sunderland are fucking crap but football is about glory and trying your best to win stuff. They've beaten us home and away and are a good/lucky 90mins away from doing something we haven't in 59 years. :dontknow:

Yeah in that case definitely not, but should they manage to stay up and even be runners up one of the cup finals I would still consider that a better season than us.

I think they will push on next season aswell if they do beat the drop, just hope they spunk their money on absolute dross like they always do.

Edit: Yes I'm aware they are already guaranteed runners up  :lol:

Has it occurred to you that they are absolutely shit and there is no evidence to suggest they'll "push on" next season. They're fucking garbage - I'd be surprised if they stay up. Looking at the fixtures they only have one game away from home that they could feasibly take points from so they have to massively improve their home form to stay up.

Guest neesy111

Sunderland are fucking crap but football is about glory and trying your best to win stuff. They've beaten us home and away and are a good/lucky 90mins away from doing something we haven't in 59 years. :dontknow:

Totally agree.

If they win the League Cup, I will be mighty jealous of them.

Do you mean the odds are fairly long (ie it's unlikely)?

Do you mean the odds are fairly long (ie it's unlikely)?

Aye.

Not jealous of anyone winning that cup, mind.

I find that very hard to believe.

Middlesbrough won it 10 years back. Why would I want to end a 5 decade drought with that? No thanks.

It's indicative of ambition. Which is something this club lacks from top to bottom.