The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Love how the pesky Europa League is moaned at for requiring two games a week but everyone wants to be in the Champions League where you, er, play two games a week. Like all that extra money magically heals injuries, shortens flight times and makes up for time lost working on tactics.

Love how the pesky Europa League is moaned at for requiring two games a week but everyone wants to be in the Champions League where you, er, play two games a week. Like all that extra money magically heals injuries, shortens flight times and makes up for time lost working on tactics.

It's all about Sunday and Thursday. Recipe for disaster.

Dem games:

@RorySmithTimes: Sevilla-Betis, Napoli-Porto, Spurs-Benfica, Fiorentina-Juve, Basel-Salzburg. Yeah, it's boring and pointless, the Europa League.

Embarrassed to say that I'd completely forgotten we had Benfica up next. I'd completely resigned myself to defeat.

Some very nice games tomorrow.

West London derby should be good. Don't think it's as much of a banker for Chelsea as some people think. Magath's first home games, and Fulham usually put up a decent fight vs. Chelsea at home (last season aside).

Stoke have lost 2 home games all Season, none of them to City/Chelsea/Everton/Man Utd , and really deserved a point last week at Etihad. Still in danger and will play out of their skin. They hate Arsenal, anyways and haven't lost to them at Britannia since 2010. Should be a good game

Then West Ham who are the form team, and barely concede, against Everton who have forgotten how to score. Won't be as straightforward for Everton as it would have been a month ago.

then Saints vs. Liverpool. Saints have won the last 2 games vs. Liverpool, but  their home form recently hasn't been good (1 win in 7, shipping 14 goals). Liverpool's away form is not too impressive (Despite scoring the most away goals in the league) and they haven't won away at Southampton since 2003. Big, nervy game.

Hull vs. Newcastle ? If I was a betting man, 0-0 for sure.

Following on from seeing Gaitan's recent excellent clipped freekick, wondered who most recently and successful did an Argentina-vs-England (France '98) freekick routine?

Following on from seeing Gaitan's recent excellent clipped freekick, wondered who most recently and successful did an Argentina-vs-England (France '98) freekick routine?

No idea, but what's the best kick-off routine? Sir Bobby where he used to put Ferguson, Shearer & Speed on the flank and get someone to aim diagonally for them to win it in the air? Marseille's against us where Drogba would smack the ball out for a throw-in as close to the corner flag as possible to pen us in?

I actually liked our idea against Spurs in the second-half recently where we had the tall players out on the wing like with the Sir Bobby tactic, Anita feinted to aim for them, then dribbled almost unopposed as far as the edge of the Spurs box with all their attention on our wing.

What a boring Saturday so far.