The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Interested to see Ribery tonight. Always a major let down whenever I've seen him in these types of big games.

Haven't seen him in any big games then I guess.

Not sure about that. Hardly shines for France, rarely the star Bayern man on big club occasions either.

Interested to see Ribery tonight. Always a major let down whenever I've seen him in these types of big games.

Not sure about that. Hardly shines for France, rarely the star Bayern man on big club occasions either.

?

In the qualifiers against Ukraine he was the best player on the pitch and was in many ways as good as CRonaldo against Sweden except the goals. Against Chelsea he scored a goal in the Supercup and gave Chelsea some problems, although Chelsea managed to keep the game tight. Last year against Barcelona he was excellent. It's only the final in which he wasn't great and that was because Robben absolutely stole the show.

Guest neesy111

Pique injured. Bartra in. Poor Barcelona Bartra and Mascherano. Can see Diego Costa dominating them.

Serves them right for not buying any CB's tbh.

?

In the qualifiers against Ukraine he was the best player on the pitch and was in many ways as good as CRonaldo against Sweden except the goals. Against Chelsea he scored a goal in the Supercup and gave Chelsea some problems, although Chelsea managed to keep the game tight. Last year against Barcelona he was excellent. It's only the final in which he wasn't great and that was because Robben absolutely stole the show.

I think it's a valid point in all honest. He's certainly upped his game in the big encounters in the last twelve months but prior to that he always flattered to deceive in tournaments and the like.

France - meant major tournaments. He's been to, what? 4 or 5? Made an impact in none.

He's much better at club level, but no where near as impactful against top sides as Robben is, yet seems to receive a higher billing. He works hard and has less eye-catching aspects to his game, and that's great, but he's never been in the 'devastating' category for me.

?

I think it's a valid point in all honest. He's certainly upped his game in the big encounters in the last twelve months but prior to that he always flattered to deceive in tournaments and the like.

I remember him being quite instrumental on their road to the CL final that they lost to Chelsea. He's also a player who does so much under-appreciated things on the pitch.