The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

How is that not a pen?!

Cos Dzeko actually ended up kicking Sakho.

Yeah because he had to hurdle a ridiculous tackle though! Basically stopped him getting the ball. Definite pen

The defender took the space first.  or os there a new law sayin youc ant occupy space?

:lol: Occupy space with a sliding tackle and missing the ball completely. Give over.

So if you miss the ball with a tackle, its a foul?

Yes, if the you get the player instead who's going for the ball. That's quite clear.

He didn't get the player, he got to the space first and Dzeko then had to hurdle him and let his foot deliberately clip his shoulder.  Hence why Clatts waved it away.

I hate listening to misery side wankfest

It's f***ing disgusting.

They'll be introduced as the 'Premier League Champions' every single f***ing time they're mentioned next season.

That's grim as fuck Beren.

Spirit of Shankly and all that

How is that not a pen?!

Yeah because he had to hurdle a ridiculous tackle though! Basically stopped him getting the ball. Definite pen

The defender took the space first.  or os there a new law sayin youc ant occupy space?

:lol: Occupy space with a sliding tackle and missing the ball completely. Give over.

Yes, if the you get the player instead who's going for the ball. That's quite clear.

He didn't get the player, he got to the space first and Dzeko then had to hurdle him and let his foot deliberately clip his shoulder.  Hence why Clatts waved it away.

So if Djeko doesn't hurdle and just runs normally and is tripped...that's not a pen?

Maxi Lopez not having a good day.

Refused to shake Mauro Icardi's hand in the line up (his lass cheated on him with Icardi), Icardi has since scored and Maxi has missed a pella.

Poor b******

:lol:

Read he's actually going out with Maxi's girl and is putting pictures on social media with Maxi's kids. What a poor fucking day :lol:

Guest bimpy474

How is that not a pen?!

and imo Dzeko fall didn't help him, a bit theatrical (the arms going up and back always has me doubting) and possibly that influenced the refs decision.

How is that not a pen?!

So if Djeko doesn't hurdle and just runs normally and is tripped...that's not a pen?

Its Dzeko's responsibility to avoid him as Sakho obtained the space first.

I see Flip is playing the role of 'contrarian for the sake of being one' today. :lol:

:lol: Trying to figure out which person in the situation has Brazil ties. :shifty:

I've been looking at a few Liverpool forums, and the general consensus is that Neymar has been the best player this afternoon.

How is that not a pen?!

Only because Sakho slid in, missed the ball, and made Djeko change his natural movement. Stone waller imo.

You can't jump a tackle, then fall over afterwards for a pen, f***ing hell why do people want play acters to be rewarded?, can't understand it personally.

So that logic people can just throw in two footers or ridiculous tackles to break a forwards stride? He has to hurdle the tackle and he can't get the ball, how is it not a foul?

Well if it was a two footer then it would have been dangerous and therefore a red/pen with or without contact, but it wasn't.  The defender actually gets there first, he missed the ball but also made no contact with the attacker and he in fact comes in second and runs into the back of the defender.  You might disagree but as far as I know there's no rule about getting a pen because a defender potentially could have fouled you if you hadn't managed to avoid it.  Personally given the shitty dive which looks even worse when you see it from the refs view I'm glade he didn't give it.

Refused to shake Mauro Icardi's hand in the line up (his lass cheated on him with Icardi), Icardi has since scored and Maxi has missed a pella.

Poor b******

Read he's actually going out with Maxi's girl and is putting pictures on social media with Maxi's kids. What a poor f***ing day :lol:

Disco are you watching the game?

Any career ending challenges going Icardis way?

How is that not a pen?!

I'll have to disagree, but aye everyone's entitled to their opinion. :thup: Except Mike.

I see Flip is playing the role of 'contrarian for the sake of being one' today. :lol:

:lol: Trying to figure out which person in the situation has Brazil ties. :shifty:

I'm trying to figure out why people were hating on Froggy the other day while a Liverpool fan like yourself can go unharmed in here.

I've been looking at a few Liverpool forums, and the general consensus is that Neymar has been the best player this afternoon.

Coutinho and Fernandinho by a mile.

Poor b******

Read he's actually going out with Maxi's girl and is putting pictures on social media with Maxi's kids. What a poor f***ing day :lol:

Nah, just been following it on Twitter. Plenty time left though.

Poor b******

Nah, just been following it on Twitter. Plenty time left though.

Put it on now during half. Maxi went head to head with Rannocchia a minute ago :lol: He's in tons of trouble today :lol: Poor fella

How is that not a pen?!

I'll have to disagree, but aye everyone's entitled to their opinion. :thup: Except Mike.

I'm trying to figure out why people were hating on Froggy the other day while a Liverpool fan like yourself can go unharmed in here.

So a defender makes a genuine attempt for the ball, misses the ball, the forward then has to adjust his stride or run because the defender missed the ball you would expect a penalty?

wow i hate football so much.

:lol: Unharmed.

I want to see you be man enough to put a bet on a la Froggy. :thup: Froggy is the man.

Northerngimp, I've made my stance clear, I won't change your mind or so. All I'm saying is, if a defender makes a sliding tackle and completely misses the ball and at the same times brings the striker down it's a penalty.

And as for your, ''the referee'' didn't agree with you, well no shit sherlock, it's Clattenburg and he doesn't have the same angles as my tv screen does.

How is that not a pen?!

Stitched himself by trying to be honest if the first instance and then not good enough at diving in the second.

If it's not a pen it's obstruction and IDFK.

How is that not a pen?!

It's not though, not if Sakho's not in control of the ball which he wasn't.