Other clubs' transfers

TBG

If Sterling signs for Man City he's be their 3rd best attacking player after Aguero and Silva. He's not doing a Scott Sinclair ffs

He'll be at West Ham/West Brom/Swansea within two years. He's not that good. He's scored 7 league goals this season. Jack Colback's got 4 ffs.

This is the big joke in this whole thing. He hasn't even been that productive!

He's completely full of it. Stupid boy.

I'm not sure what he's done to justify this presumption he'll go on to be a key part of the best teams in Europe. He doesn't score anywhere near enough, regularly has poor end product and while obviously he'll get better given he's so young, I can't help feel the classic "young and English" factor is warping some views on him.

The regular top 4. :anguish: Two of whom bought their way there in the most cynical way possible and now exclude one of the biggest clubs in Europe; a club that missed out on the title last season by two points. Isn't this what we're always complaining about when people say NUFC are 'where they should be', and that we can't demand more because we've not won anything in yonks?

Ah f*** this. Football is so broken.

Ok, someone with a better chance of winning the title than Liverpool. Same thing. They had a chance last year to push on. They couldn't keep their best player or attract a top class replacement. Their recruitment on the whole since Carroll other than one or two gems has been appalling for what they've spent.

Like I said, this isn't a Rodwell to City, Moses to Chelsea thing. Sterling can go to a bigger club and win things, play regularly and be successful. Not happening at Liverpool.

And football isn't broken. This has been the way in football for 60 odd years.

I agree, part of it is about winning trophies. He's not that good so he wants other better players to get him medals.

If Sterling signs for Man City he's be their 3rd best attacking player after Aguero and Silva. He's not doing a Scott Sinclair ffs

He'll be at West Ham/West Brom/Swansea within two years. He's not that good. He's scored 7 league goals this season. Jack Colback's got 4 ffs.

Like I say, he's not Scott Sinclair. I think people are underrating the kid if they think he'll be that those types of clubs. Like I say, after Aguero and Silva, he'd be Man City's next best fret. You couldn't say that for Sinclair when he signed.

Bale has spent 3-4 seasons as a real first teamer at Spurs before he left, was he a greedy bastard because he upped his wages when he moved? Surely he should've stayed to help Spurs get back in the CL and challenge for trophies.

Bad argument. 2004 Rooney scored 9 in 34, Shola scored 7 in 26. Maybe Rooney should have shown loyalty to Everton. Once things settled under Moyes he could have had an awesome career pottering about between 5th & 7th like Liverpool have done on the whole for the last 6 years and probably will moving forward.

Bale has spent 3-4 seasons as a real first teamer at Spurs before he left, was he a greedy b****** because he upped his wages when he moved? Surely he should've stayed to help Spurs get back in the CL and challenge for trophies.

Bale didn't stamp his feet and demand a move.

Bale only left because a team made an offer for him - Sterling has been whoring himself around for a move for months and still no offer on the table.

Bale also moved to a team where he plays most weeks (despite being out of form).

Bale was also consistently very good for Spurs during those 3-4 seasons, Sterling has had one good season and one average one.

Bale has spent 3-4 seasons as a real first teamer at Spurs before he left, was he a greedy b****** because he upped his wages when he moved? Surely he should've stayed to help Spurs get back in the CL and challenge for trophies.

Bale is about 10 times the player Sterling is though. Bale stayed at a club that nurtured him, gave him games, then sold him for an eye-watering sum to arguably the biggest club in world football. Sterling is nowhere near that level, yet. And IMO I doubt he'll ever be with that attitude.

Bad argument. 2004 Rooney scored 9 in 34, Shola scored 7 in 26. Maybe Rooney should have shown loyalty to Everton. Once things settled under Moyes he could have had an awesome career pottering about between 5th & 7th like Liverpool have done on the whole for the last 6 years and probably will moving forward.

Everton finished 17th in 2004.

Liverpool are currently 5th, nearly won the title last year and aren't in the FA Cup final because this superstar couldn't show up against garbage like Aston Villa.

I'm not sure what he's done to justify this presumption he'll go on to be a key part of the best teams in Europe. He doesn't score anywhere near enough, regularly has poor end product and while obviously he'll get better given he's so young, I can't help feel the classic "young and English" factor is warping some views on him.

Could the same not have been said for Rooney?

Everton finished 17th in 2004.

Liverpool are currently 5th, nearly won the title last year and aren't in the FA Cup final because this superstar couldn't show up against garbage like Aston Villa.

They've had two title pushes in about quarter of a century.

And Liverpool today are far more ambitious and competitive than that Everton team ever was.

Funnily enough, a comparable talent in Ross Barkley signed a new contract with Everton just this season. Despite being linked with all these top clubs also.

Rooney was 18, Sterling is 20.

So slightly more proven and in a better position to see Liverpool aren't going to win the league any time soon.

More proven. :lol:

He was never and will never be in the same class as Wayne Rooney.

And Liverpool today are far more ambitious and competitive than that Everton team ever was.

Funnily enough, a comparable talent in Ross Barkley signed a new contract with Everton just this season. Despite being linked with all these top clubs also.

Barkley has less goals and assists than Colback this season

That's his decision, doesn't make it any less wrong or wright imo.

Don't see the problem personally.

Yup. And if iirc Everton were skint at the time, and needed that cash to rebuild the side for Moyes? Totally different types of talents, totally different scenarios. I despise LFC in general, but I'm with them on this one.

He's got less PASSHHONNN too!

But yet most of the top teams would have him, and he didn't hold Everton to ransom, and act like a div.

By the way I would take Barkley over Sterling any day. No question.