Other clubs' transfers

TBG

All this should be caveated with transfer fees for the super clubs (and more and more PL clubs) mattering less and less due to the jumbo TV deals and competitive advantage they have from it and sponsorship deals.

How is what you get back for players irrelevant? :lol: That's just the height of stupidity. It should always be taken into account.

He isn't one of the best midfielders in the league. Yet.

Is there really any need to be such a smug cunt with your replies?

Sometimes, but probably not here. Sorry.

Fellaini started 23 games last season, Schneiderlin 33, Herrera 27.  They cost £80m between them. 

I agree with Fellaini.

Schneiderlin was proven in England, is a good player, and starts most of our games. Worth the money.

Herrera got an injury and struggled to back into the side but is a bright spark in the side when he plays. He'll be a very good player either with us or someone else. Also had a great first season with us by the way. Our fans love him.

Shaw was overpriced.  Schweinsteiger hasn't played much either.  Depay flopped, there's another £25m.

No chance was Shaw overpriced. He's an international. He was our best player before getting injured. He's English, and proven in England. He's young. Would pay £30m and more for him again.

Schweinsteiger injured. Not our fault. When he played he calm down the midfield. £6m. Nearly worth it for his experienced alone.

Depay has played one season. You can't label a 22 year old in a new league a flop because of one poor season.

My point was that barely any of your signings over the last few years have pulled up any trees, so plucking out the Chris Smalling signing amongst all that lot is laughable.  And you do come in here telling us you've spent well a lot, I know this because I read it and it's annoying.

I didn't pluck Smalling from anything. I was comparing him to Bailly. Both young CB's with little experience in the big leagues. Transfer fee talked about for both. I said look at Smalling now. Bailly could be the same.

It was you who then posted every transfer in our history and said about some of the shite we've bought. If anything you derailed the conversation. :lol:

Sorry. Not sorry.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2015/07/walterwhite.png

Yeah you showed a bit of humility there and didn't come across like an insufferable Man Utd fan on a Newcastle board, careful now.

Ruined it immediately :lol: As you were.  Done talking to Froggy for today.

Sorry. Not sorry.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2015/07/walterwhite.png

Yeah you showed a bit of humility there and didn't come across like an insufferable Man Utd fan on a Newcastle board, careful now.

Ruined it immediately :lol: As you were.  Done talking to Froggy for today.

:lol: I meant the sorry in the original post. I was only messing with this one. I can't help it.

man utds record in the transfer market post fergie is pretty atrocious tbf.

think mourinho will fix that though. He's a short term fix, but a fix none the less.

Some of the later signings Ferguson made need questioning in all honesty.

As does things like picking Cleverley ahead of Pogba.

man utds record in the transfer market post fergie is pretty atrocious tbf.

think mourinho will fix that though. He's a short term fix, but a fix none the less.

Some of the later signings Ferguson made need questioning in all honesty.

As does things like picking Cleverley ahead of Pogba.

This kind of thing is really hard to judge though. Anderson and Cleverley of all people looked really good in midfield together. Pogba wasn't as impressive with the games he got.

I have no doubt if he stayed he would be our main man, but he didn't have the patience. Worked out for him like. Fair play to him and I'm happy he's one of the most sought after players in Europe now. Won't be happy when we pay £60m to get him back.

Bebe and Obertan were bad signings like. Zaha he signed and then retired and Moyes never gave him a chance.

What were Fergies abysmal signings in his last couple of years though? I'm not arguing the point, just interested in your opinion. Expecting players like Powell and Henriquez to come up but they weren't expensive and we made all the money back on Henriquez at least.

Fergie's last few years of transfers were absolutely abysmal, to the point where you start thinking he's done it deliberately so it all falls apart after he left.

Was on the take with Anderson, Bebe, Nani etc.

It started when he replaced Cristiano Ronaldo with Valencia and Owen, but the attempt at leaving a core of young purchased and homegrown players behind was absolutely laughable.

Jones, Smalling, Young, Cleverley, Evans, Anderson, Rafael, Welbeck, Zaha, Powell. All of which are either shite or have now left. The best of the lot, the player now on the market for 100 million, they let go for nowt.

Simply the actions of a man either losing the plot or deliberately destroying the club. The transfers since then have been expensive, desperate and lacking in direction or identity.  But it's happened about because of the shite that needed replacing ASAP.

Would give you Anderson due to the amount of injuries he had. At us for eight years and only played 20+ league games once in a season.

Not having Nani though. Inconsistent at the beginning but blossomed into one of the best wingers in the league. Two consecutive seasons of being near the top in terms of goals and assists for midfielders. Played well under Fergie but wasn't fancied by Moyes or LVG. Not a bad buy for Fergie though.

Bebe, aye, obviously.

It started when he replaced Cristiano Ronaldo with Valencia and Owen, but the attempt at leaving a core of young purchased and homegrown players behind was absolutely laughable.

Jones, Smalling, Young, Cleverley, Evans, Anderson, Rafael, Welbeck, Zaha, Powell. All of which are either shite or have now left. The best of the lot, the player now on the market for 100 million, they let go for nowt.

Simply the actions of a man either losing the plot or deliberately destroying the club. The transfers since then have been expensive, desperate and lacking in direction or identity.  But it's happened about because of the shite that needed replacing ASAP.

Jones was expensive but showed all the signs of being great. Constantly injured now though. He's fucked. So I would maybe give you this one

Smalling is class. :lol: Not sure where you're going with this. One of the best defenders in the league for two years in a row now.

Young was class under Fergie and great for a period under LVG also. A solid buy someone would say. I actually hated him for a bit. :lol: Ruined last season by getting few chances and when he did, he was fired up front when we were behind.

Cleverley was free and was very good for us and was actually pivotal in us winning the league in a midfield with Anderson. How that happened? I have no idea. I genuinely thought he was going to be class. Not fancied by Moyes or LVG and turfed out.

Evans was shite enough aye but at us from no age and sold for profit.

Anderson aye I'll give you.

Rafael was class. Suffered from injuries and I'm gutted. I really, really liked him. Cost a million. Sold for profit.

Welbeck is an excellent player and I think he is proving that still. Very good all round player and he is getting better at goalscoring. Sold for a decent amount. We were not happy that LVG got rid though.

Zaha is a good player. Signed by Fergie, he retired, then Moyes let him rot. Not a bad signing IMO.

Powell aye maybe.

Pogba wanted to go by the way. We offered him a contract and he rejected it. Reasons explained up above.

Smalling was torn to shreds by Alan Pardew's Crystal Palace a few weeks ago. I'm not looking forward to watching the dopey twat over the next few weeks.

The fact he's the best of the bunch says a lot. Fact is none of the otjers are still there. All were purchased for, or trusted in, to be long term pieces of a club that has dominated English football and none of them were good enough for that. Which has resulted in a desperate and slapdash rebuilding process.

Wow, it seems that all players Manchester United buy are/were world class. Even Tom Cleverley and Ashley Young.

Except for the ones I agreed with of course. I love how saying Tom Cleverley was good for us equates to him being world class. Fuck off. :lol:

Wow, it seems that all players Manchester United buy are/were world class. Even Tom Cleverley and Ashley Young.

It's really strange, isn't it? :lol:

Welbeck excellent ffs

Welbeck seems to split opinion. Loads of people on here rate him highly, while others don't rate him at all. He's a very good player though.

Also have to figure Ferguson rarely went the "20m+ route. A lot has changed since he retired

RVP, Berbatov, Anderson, Rooney, Ferdinand, Veron were all more than £20million like.

I'm going to guess you purposefully picked £20mil because there's a load of players he signed for over £15mil: Zaha, Hargreaves,  Young, Carrick, De Gea, Phil Jones, Valencia, Nani, Van Nistelrooy