Newcastle United vs sunderland - 01/02/14 @ 12.45pm (No TV)

TheGuv
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I worry how much of our attacking threat came through Remy against Norwich. I know Ben Arfa was pulling the strings but most of the real goal threat came from Remy with his two shots that hit the post. Hopefully we still have enough to score some goals.

Team will be this ....

Krul

Debuchy.      Saylor.      Williamson.    Santon

HBA.            Anita.    Tiote.  Sissoko.    Sammy

Shola

I worry how much of our attacking threat came through Remy against Norwich. I know Ben Arfa was pulling the strings but most of the real goal threat came from Remy with his two shots that hit the post. Hopefully we still have enough to score some goals.

This - despite his lack of goals over the past few weeks, Remy is still by far our most dangerous forward and his pace/movement up front are the main reason why we are in the position we are in this season.

We will miss that badly on Saturday and the Mackems will be heaving a sigh of relief that he isn't playing.

This will be a tight game and we will probably have to rely on a sub appearance from HBA with a breakaway goal or one of his specials to get something.

It will be an uphill battle if they get their noses in front after HT.....

Johnson always f***ing scores past us.

Atleast Santon should handle him better than f***ing Jonas did last year.

I wouldn't bank on that either - Johnson could quite easily take Santon to the cleaners if Gouffran is not protecting him....

Guest neesy111

Looks like Remy should be available then, excellent.

Wonder what Gouffrans chances are of being fit.

Only if the appeal is held.

Is the press conference for this today?  Would like to know Gouffrans availability. 

i'd like him to keep quiet and not give anything away re poss team news before the match, lets keep Poyet guessing.

There's no doubt Shola has presence against this bunch. Even their fans know how shit he is but think he's always going to score past them. Even Ameobi mentally will feel much stronger. 7 goals in 12 games against them and he's rescued us before. Even if Shola hasn't scored in a 100 billion minutes of football, I still actually fancy him to grab one on Saturday.

Not confident about this game at all. Especially without Remy. Think Mackems will sneak a 0-1, through Johnson (who always seems to score against us and is in fine form right now :(), with us having a lot of possession but they get their noses in front and we are unable to convert any of the chances we make.

Krul

Debuchy Yanga-M'Biwa Zouma Haïdara

Anita Tioté

Ben Arfa    Grenier  Ince

Rémy

Nice would take that, not gonna happen though :(

Likely team I expect:

Krul

Debuchy Williamson Taylor Santon

Anita        Tiote

Ben Arfa        Sissoko        Sammy

Shola

:anguish:

At least the midfield looked good against Norwich but we couldn't even score then with Remy. Hope home advantage plays some part!