Clément Grenier

LRD

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Colo Santon

Anita  Tiote

Ben Arfa    Sissoko  Gouffran

Remy

Bench: Alnwick, Haidara, S.Taylor, Bigirimana, Marveaux, Sammy, Cisse.

Then you've got back up like: Eliot, Dummett, R.Taylor, Gosling, Obertan, Shola...with Jonas/Ferguson/Campbell/Vuckic/Abeid out on loan.

Outside the top 6, there's not a squad i'd be looking to swap.

Guest reefatoon

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Colo Santon

Anita  Tiote

Ben Arfa    Sissoko  Gouffran

Remy

Bench: Alnwick, Haidara, S.Taylor, Bigirimana, Marveaux, Sammy, Cisse.

Then you've got back up like: Eliot, Dummett, R.Taylor, Gosling, Obertan, Shola...with Jonas/Ferguson/Campbell/Vuckic/Abeid out on loan.

Outside the top 6, there's not a squad i'd be looking to swap.

You have just proved it isn't a good squad there, that bench is crap.

Guest reefatoon

Cisse, Haidara, Taylor, Willo and to a lesser extent Marveaux are decent bench options TBH.

3 defenders, a striker who can't score and Marveaux who couldn't care less is not a good bench.

Cisse, Haidara, Taylor, Willo and to a lesser extent Marveaux are decent bench options TBH.

3 defenders, a striker who can't score and Marveaux who couldn't care less is not a good bench.

Instead of moaning about it, go searching for a team outside the top 6 who you would swap for instead of criticising our players.

Guest reefatoon

Instead of moaning about it, go searching for a team outside the top 6 who you would swap for instead of criticising our players.

I am not moaning at all, I am just pointing out the fact you are a clueless twat when it comes to football.

Outside the top 6?  I'd probably swap for Man Utd's squad.

I am not moaning at all, I am just pointing out the fact you are a clueless t*** when it comes to football.

Aye point well made, i'd swap our squad for their squad now actually  :lol:

Sorry, i meant top 6 Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool...

Yes obviously i would swap Man Utd's though for ours.

"Wait for the right player" at which point another player or 2 have left and we're "waiting for the right player" to replace them too. We've been waiting for a left winger for years :lol:

When that right one comes across he better be f***ing good.

Often waiting 2/3 windows for a replacement to arrive is infuriating for a fan.

Waiting for the best deal possible, we could have signed Debuchy for 8 in the summer, wait a few of months then sign for 6 instead. That's how Ashley will always look it, is that good or bad? Opinion would differ between fans.

"Bad" is the correct answer fwiw.

Guest alijmitchell

No-one can deny that through utter incompetence and penny-pinching we have a threadbare squad, and are seemingly content selling our best players without any kind of replacement ready. As for the debate on whether you would rather have a better player at a later date than an average player now, it is utter crap. The point is moot - as a healthy, professional and competitive football club, we should have scouted a number of options, and be prepared for the eventually of losing players if that is part of our business plan. What shines through all of this is sheer incompetence from everyone at the club, driven by a lack of desire to dramatically improve the footballing ambitions of the club.

No-one can deny that through utter incompetence and penny-pinching we have a threadbare squad, and are seemingly content selling our best players without any kind of replacement ready. As for the debate on whether you would rather have a better player at a later date than an average player now, it is utter crap. The point is moot - as a healthy, professional and competitive football club, we should have scouted a number of options, and be prepared for the eventually of losing players if that is part of our business plan. What shines through all of this is sheer incompetence from everyone at the club, driven by a lack of desire to dramatically improve the footballing ambitions of the club.

:thup:

Sorry, i meant top 6 Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool...

Yes obviously i would swap Man Utd's though for ours.

Ok, i'd probably have Everton's then (less obvious than Man Utd but still stronger in depth and in the first 11).

Guest neesy111

Our squad is worse than it could be, it's not threadbare. I agree with the point about signings to a point, but I also think we have an idealised idea of how other clubs conduct their business.

No we haven't.  People are just looking at the in-comings and out-goings from the club and going to a logical conclusion.

Our squad is worse than it could be, it's not threadbare. I agree with the point about signings to a point, but I also think we have an idealised idea of how other clubs conduct their business.

No we haven't.  People are just looking at the in-comings and out-goings from the club and going to a logical conclusion.

Dunno like, we seem to have this idea that everyone scouts 2 or 3 replacements and has them all ready to sign on the dotted line whenever a player is sold. And everyone does their business with ages left in the window etc.

If not I've read it wrong, just saying what I feel.

Guest neesy111

Dunno like, we seem to have this idea that everyone scouts 2 or 3 replacements and has them all ready to sign on the dotted line whenever a player is sold. And everyone does their business with ages left in the window etc.

So why haven't we found other targets from when the agreement for him to leave in August was in-place?

That's 4-5 months.

So why haven't we found other targets from when the agreement for him to leave in August was in-place?

That's 4-5 months.

Don't understand what you're asking, sorry.

Guest alijmitchell

Without getting into the whole size of squad debate, I'm saying threadbare largely due to lack of quality + the likelihood of loan signings potentially being unsuccessful and moving on. I'm not sure what we would do if we lost any of our likely starting 3 midfielders (Anita, Siss, Tiote). The quality to replace them is poor. Similarly in wide areas, and up front. After backing Cisse for some time, I've written him off. I understand that we don't have necessarily the glitz or the wage offers of other clubs, and would hate to see us go down the route of buying crap players for inflated prices (Hull City Style), but we have shown in the past that we can scout a range of players, have a list of quality ready, and make deals happen. This window, and last, we've dropped two absolute bollocks.

How can anyone claim out squad isn't threadbare? We've been quite lucky with injuries this season, but a couple now (and suspension to Remy) and look at the potential squad we'll be playing tomorrow?

We have 2 strikers on loan, no left winger, no attacking midfielder Pardew is happy to use, no/poor back-up at RB or GK, no quality partner for Collocini and we've been playing a centre mid on the right all season. 1 or 2 injuries and we have to completely chance our formation or play people out of position.