January Transfer Window slams shut

Nobody

The on-screen graphics are like something from ITV in the mid 80s.

Is this what happens when you ship off BBC Sport to the Mancs to handle?

Midweek Sport Special presented by Elton Welsby.

one of the greates tv themetunes of all time.

I know it's pitiful, but when you think over the last 5 years there's been a difference in spending of £18m a year between us & Sunderland, and then you see the position of both clubs. :lol:

And we're below skintest of skint Everton too. :lol:

If we went out and spent €45m on one player in the summer, all we would have done is balance the transfer books of the past 5 years.

Then there's TV money (£XXXm per year)

Then there's the money we've lost from not taking paid advertising within the ground.

Cold hard facts and some people still give this club money. Money talks, spend somewhere else. I am :/

If we went out and spent €45m on one player in the summer, all we would have done is balance the transfer books of the past 5 years.

Then there's TV money (£XXXm per year)

Then there's the money we've lost from not taking paid advertising within the ground.

Cold hard facts and some people still give this club money. Money talks, spend somewhere else. I am :/

Imagine where we could be if our net spend was £0.

:thup:

Too much to ask, obviously.

It really hits home when you look at it like that.

As contributors to sport, I would like to see us invest and make a concerted attempt to succeed:

/ Actually investing and spending more than we recieve is too much to ask. Irksome, but perhaps understandable. Maybe even forgiveable.

/ The next best thing would be to use the money that we receive. That is too much to ask. Very annoying and takes the piss.

/ The next best thing would be to use some of the money we receive. That is too much to ask. A total disgrace to the sport and utterly unforgivable.

They're a pack of cunts and, regardless of the odd commendable policy, I dream of the day that they're gone. All of them. They've disgraced the club.

I don't read too much into net spend anyway. We got Cisse & Ba for -£26m in relation to Carroll. I couldn't give a fuck if we made £10m a year profit or whatever. If we'd went out and spent £8-9m on a replacement for Cabaye this week and our spend was £10m up, who gives a shit truthfully?

I don't read too much into net spend anyway. We got Cisse & Ba for -£26m in relation to Carroll. I couldn't give a f*** if we made £10m a year profit or whatever. If we'd went out and spent £8-9m on a replacement for Cabaye this week and our spend was £10m up, who gives a s*** truthfully?

I don't give a shit how much we spend or make, I do give a shit when we show absolutely no ambition other than to stay in the division.  We've come out of this window weaker than we went into it.

I don't read too much into net spend anyway. We got Cisse & Ba for -£26m in relation to Carroll. I couldn't give a fuck if we made £10m a year profit or whatever. If we'd went out and spent £8-9m on a replacement for Cabaye this week and our spend was £10m up, who gives a shit truthfully?

I agree with you, and I was going on about that earlier today. Our sensible 'spending' has given the elitist, money-driven philosophy of football a real bitch-slap when you consider our moderate success.

But that table highlights the extreme to which we have taken it, and proves that we're not sensible - we're completely ambition-less. We're not just bottom of that table, we're bottom by over £30million.

I don't read too much into net spend anyway. We got Cisse & Ba for -£26m in relation to Carroll. I couldn't give a f*** if we made £10m a year profit or whatever. If we'd went out and spent £8-9m on a replacement for Cabaye this week and our spend was £10m up, who gives a s*** truthfully?

I agree with you, and I was going on about that earlier today. Our sensible 'spending' has given the elitist, money-driven philosophy of football a real bitch-slap when you consider our moderate success. But that table highlights the extreme to which we have taken it, and proves how ambition-less we are. We're not just bottom of that table, we're bottom by over £30million.

It's exaggerated though by the fire sale after relegation, and the ridiculously over-the-top cash Liverpool gave us.

I agree with you, and I was going on about that earlier today. Our sensible 'spending' has given the elitist, money-driven philosophy of football a real bitch-slap when you consider our moderate success. But that table highlights the extreme to which we have taken it, and proves how ambition-less we are. We're not just bottom of that table, we're bottom by over £30million.

It's exaggerated though by the fire sale after relegation, and the ridiculously over-the-top cash Liverpool gave us.

There's no exaggeration, they're cold facts. It doesn't matter where or how the money accumulated. The point is - it wasn't reinvested!

Let me sum it up. :laugh:

You don't need to spend vast amounts of money to build a quality squad. Player valuations are all over the place these days.

However, the fact that we're £43million away from spending NOTHING, proves the club is run by a bunch of cunts who couldn't care less about really succeeding.

That's my point.

Don't forget to add that bumper TV deal :thup:

From a finance POV spending (or not) on transfers net is surely only a part of the grand scheme of it and I can (loosely) understand those that get there conditioned kicks from balance sheet gains but this last year has been an utter joke.

Football is game played on grass not in fucking Sage software.

You don't need to spend vast amounts of money to build a quality squad. Player valuations are all over the place these days.

However, the fact that we're £43million away from spending NOTHING, proves the club is run by a bunch of c***s who couldn't care less about really succeeding.

That's my point.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/newcastle-united-transfers.html

£24m of that was brought in when we went down (although they've got Routledge & Best as Undisclosed without giving a fee so more like £21m). The players sold (Martins, Bassong, Beye & Duff) were replaced in the January (Best, Williamson, Simpson & Routledge).

£35m was brought in for Carroll, we spent £9m on his replacement Cisse.

That accounts for £45m plus where we've sold players and replaced them cheaper.

I couldn't give a fuck if we did that regularly, if we sold Cabaye for £19m and replaced him for £8m effectively making another £11m, I couldn't give a toss. My issue is not replacing on this occasion.

However, the fact that we're £43million away from spending NOTHING, proves the club is run by a bunch of c***s who couldn't care less about really succeeding.

That's my point.

and it's a fair point. I don't think they don't care though, I think it's more that they've got good deals before and think they can do it all the time.

That's my point.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/newcastle-united-transfers.html

£24m of that was brought in when we went down (although they've got Routledge & Best as Undisclosed without giving a fee so more like £21m). The players sold (Martins, Bassong, Beye & Duff) were replaced in the January (Best, Williamson, Simpson & Routledge).

£35m was brought in for Carroll, we spent £9m on his replacement Cisse.

That accounts for £45m plus where we've sold players and replaced them cheaper.

I couldn't give a fuck if we did that regularly, if we sold Cabaye for £19m and replaced him for £8m effectively making another £11m, I couldn't give a toss. My issue is not replacing on this occasion.

What do you want the savings on transfers spent on if not reinvested into the team (assuming same wages)?

and it's a fair point. I don't think they don't care though, I think it's more that they've got good deals before and think they can do it all the time.

Bollocks, they knew Cabaye was going to leave since the summer according to the player yet waited until he'd gone before bringing in a free transfer and trying to buy 1 player with allegedly 1 bid.