Match-going fans - deserving of blame?

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Don't want to be told I'm a mug by the people that were happy to go 5 days ago.

is that happening? :lol:

"Match-going fans - deserving of blame?"

Fucking hell :rolleyes:

What grates me, as I said, is that people seem to have found their principals between the Sunderland result and now.  People who didn't see fit to cancel ahead of the well publicised deadline, when we all knew everything we needed to about the owner, but have now taken it upon themselves to partake in a campaign to get everyone to boycott and look down upon those that aren't.

Utter wank. Clearly on the wind up, no more responses from me. :thup:

• 3 weeks later...
What grates me, as I said, is that people seem to have found their principals between the Sunderland result and now.  People who didn't see fit to cancel ahead of the well publicised deadline, when we all knew everything we needed to about the owner, but have now taken it upon themselves to partake in a campaign to get everyone to boycott and look down upon those that aren't.

No.

I wouldn't look down on anyone who went out of loyalty to the team, but the same needs to be vice versa. I don't think people are giving it the "look at me" (mostly) how can a bouycott be effective without being vocal about it? People need to know why it's happening.

Fwiw the thick and thin, IMHO, would require some effort from somewhere, clearly the club has lost all identity, the owner has no interest in the club anymore, he hasn't even been to the match since September! The owner cares for nothing but his own ego and the players are just going through the motions, no emotion or pride left. The only thing being supported is a defaced stadium that's had its soul ripped out, an emblem of what we were.

Can't blame someone for grasping onto a loveless marriage in blind hope that the love will come back, I also can't blame others for throwing in the towel and getting away from what is a downward spiral of bad feelings, frustration and anger.

Yes it is only a game but one that can be very emotionally attaching. It's a double edged sword though; Go and you're a fool for filling Ashley's pockets; Stay and you're a fickle "supporter" who doesn't really support the team. Neither is wrong but neither is exactly right either, just as infuriating and frustrating as the Ashley regime.

:thup:

It is a totally shit situation to be in. I personally cut all monetary ties to the club this summer, cancelling NUFC TV and the membership.

Haven't been to a game this season despite plenty of free ticket offers and won't be going to one until either the manager goes or the ownership changes.

I still watch every match by whatever means I can, though often not live.

Have nothing but respect for the die hards, who go to the games through thick and thin and support the team regardless. Baring in mind, if you have a season ticket, you must only 'enjoy' one match in about every five or six, baring in mind even when we win (like on Sunday) it was in the most dull and uninspiring fashion.  Personally i only go to odd games here and there, due to working shifts and other commitments, but to be honest, even if i could get a season ticket i don't think i would. To pay all that money, to then only be really 'entertained' a few games a season would just not make it worth it.