Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 8/02/14 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Guest n4e
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Santon in the middle is right.  :anguish:

No Shola though.

Krul

Debuchy  Williamson  Taylor  Dummett

Sissoko        Anita      Santon  Gouffran/Haidara

HBA

de Jong

?

What will games against Macclesfield tell us?

Pardew is righ to experiment for the remaining few months, be it trying Santon in midfield or playing a youngster or a different formation.

Obviously though that doesn't suit the anti-Pardew agenda you've got going.

We're playing for points, we're not playing Macclesfield you goon.  If we need to make one change to bring in a midfielder he's turned that one change into two as he'll now have to bring in a defender.

Pre-season isn't only about playing a few games, it's about working on things for many weeks in training.

Guest Roger Kint

Quite interested to see how Santon does in the middle tbh. Has a lot of the necessary attributes. It's just whether he knows where to position himself.

Probably something like:

Santon-Anita-Sissoko-Sammy

HBA

De jong

What will games against Macclesfield tell us?

Pardew is righ to experiment for the remaining few months, be it trying Santon in midfield or playing a youngster or a different formation.

Obviously though that doesn't suit the anti-Pardew agenda you've got going.

We're playing for points, we're not playing Macclesfield you goon.  If we need to make one change to bring in a midfielder he's turned that one change into two as he'll now have to bring in a defender.

Pre-season isn't only about playing a few games, it's about working on things for many weeks in training.

The second change is to bring one of our most promising young players in at left back, give him a chance to get proper playing experience and develop. Even if santon bombs in midfield (where there are no other genuine options), it will be worth it for that.

Many a team have got through pre-season with new systems etc all looking good, then bombing the moment they hit the new season. A run-in like this is way more valuable and it is a good time to take risks.

There is no instant success route this season, but we now have a chance to build and develop our squad. and unless we finish with less than 50 points I won't be angry with Pardew if he decides to test a few things.

The second change is to bring one of our most promising young players in at left back, give him a chance to get proper playing experience and develop. Even if santon bombs in midfield (where there are no other genuine options), it will be worth it for that.

Many a team have got through pre-season with new systems etc all looking good, then bombing the moment they hit the new season. A run-in like this is way more valuable and it is a good time to take risks.

There is no instant success route this season, but we now have a chance to build and develop our squad. and unless we finish with less than 50 points I won't be angry with Pardew if he decides to test a few things.

We don't know the team, you don't know who the 2nd change is, it could be Haidara, Mbiwa or Dummett coming in, which one are you referring to?  We have midfielders who can play in that position without having to put a defender in.

I don't want Haidara playing in this game. I don't think he's anywhere near ready.

Nowhere near as bad as when Mourinho picked Santon to make his debut in a position he never played in, against Ronaldo.

let the manager judge the character.

I don't want Haidara playing in this game. I don't think he's anywhere near ready.

I would like to see him getting games against the lesser teams because of his forward running and ability to take us from defence to attack, he has a lot to learn in defence.

Nowhere near as bad as when Mourinho picked Santon to make his debut in a position he never played in, against Ronaldo.

let the manager judge the character.

:lol: such a load of twaddle, as usual. Pardew's picking the team, not Mourinho. I wouldn't trust Pardew to make the correct choice.