The disabled woman chronicles

A grandma needa someone to accompany her granddaughters to the game so asks her son. We are through the looking glass people.

You've missed quite an important part of the story there.

It was the weird way the chron worded the family relationships I was trying to point out.

It's funny, as I've mentioned before I follow the Dolphins too, and read the local press down there in Miami all the time. They are openly critical all the time, they've questioned the ability of the owner, the head coach and other coaches, yet they've not be banned, still have their access and still get interviews with players. Like with NUFC and it's local press, there is little respect from the fans, but that's more for there opinions not being universally popular rather than them not expressing an opinion like our local press has for the longest time.

These two pieces are awful really but at least a step in the right direction.

I suspect the NFL (and all American sports leagues) would have strict rules concerning accommodating the press for all of their clubs. If the Dolphins tried to ban hostile local press the commissioner would come down on them hard.

Probably very true. Why don't the PL do the same, it's in their best interests really.

It's funny, as I've mentioned before I follow the Dolphins too, and read the local press down there in Miami all the time. They are openly critical all the time, they've questioned the ability of the owner, the head coach and other coaches, yet they've not be banned, still have their access and still get interviews with players. Like with NUFC and it's local press, there is little respect from the fans, but that's more for there opinions not being universally popular rather than them not expressing an opinion like our local press has for the longest time.

These two pieces are awful really but at least a step in the right direction.

I suspect the NFL (and all American sports leagues) would have strict rules concerning accommodating the press for all of their clubs. If the Dolphins tried to ban hostile local press the commissioner would come down on them hard.

Probably very true. Why don't the PL do the same, it's in their best interests really.

Because the PL has very little actual control over the clubs relative to American sports. For most American leagues the commissioner is essentially an unchecked dictator who can do whatever he wants. In the PL the owners have far more power than whoever runs the thing does.

People actually defending this :anguish:

What an absolute bunch of fucknuggets.  I'm talking about the posters here btw and not the stewards.

A woman lets her son use her ticket for one game to chaperone a couple of minors and it's reasonable to fuck her off?

Just no. Ridiculous no matter how you paint it.

A able bodied man using a disabled ticket is no different to him using a child ticket, how can you say otherwise? Are all diabled seats in the same section? Theres nothing saying it was the wheelchair area and others have commented that you can get disabled ST elsewhere so your theory would be pretty ludicrous in that case.

Edit: And in what way do you need an adult to accompany two 14 year olds? As said it didnt stop him leaving them in the ground.

A man took two young girls to a football match in place of their disabled grandmother.  Some leniency could have been shown. 

What an absolute bunch of fucknuggets.  I'm talking about the posters here btw and not the stewards.

A woman lets her son use her ticket for one game to chaperone a couple of minors and it's reasonable to f*** her off?

The punishment is harsh, as said, give her a slap on the wrist, but she's clearly taken a liberty. I'd be surprised if the kids paid for their tickets. If her son couldn't afford a ticket himself, they could do what other families do when they can't afford to go to a match. Not go.

A woman lets her son use her ticket for one game to chaperone a couple of minors and it's reasonable to f*** her off?

The punishment is harsh, as said, give her a slap on the wrist, but she's clearly taken a liberty. I'd be surprised if the kids paid for their tickets. If her son couldn't afford a ticket himself, they could do what other families do when they can't afford to go to a match. Not go.

It probably would've been simple as contacting the club and offering to make up the difference between the disabled price and the full price for a single match. The punishment is harsh I agree but it's pretty clear that the woman is in the wrong here.

You think the kids jumped the wall?  I've used many different peoples season tickets, as has many a person on here i would think, and I never thought I was taking a liberty.  Maybe because it's the disabled section?  Would it have been ok if he'd sat down all game?

It's not about not being able to afford it, the ticket was bought and paid for.

You think the kids jumped the wall?  I've used many different peoples season tickets, as has many a person on here i would think, and I never thought I was taking a liberty.  Maybe because it's the disabled section?  Would it have been ok if he'd sat down all game?

It's already been established that the ticket is far cheaper than it would have been for an able bodied person. It's the same as an adult using a kids ticket. It's wrong, people do it all the time but if you get caught and punished, don't complain about it.

I don't understand your problem, she should have been locked up and should thank the club for not pushing the issue.

A warning/few game ban (or whatever) would have sufficed. Fucking detest this "don't do the crime if you don't want to do the time" attitude of fucking doing people all the time.

Whether she knew exactly what she was doing or just thought nothing of loaning her ticket out there's no reason this cannot have been resolved by having a quick word.

Surprised there isn't a witch hunt out for her yet.  Such recklessness will lead to us becoming the next Portsmouth.

Exactly, it's people like her fiddling the club that means we can't afford to sign new players.

Guest strongbow69

A woman lets her son use her ticket for one game to chaperone a couple of minors and it's reasonable to fuck her off?

:thup:

It's already been established that the ticket is far cheaper than it would have been for an able bodied person. It's the same as an adult using a kids ticket. It's wrong, people do it all the time but if you get caught and punished, don't complain about it.

For one match.  Harming nobody and letting a couple young uns get to the game.  If he'd borrowed a normal st it would have been alright then?  Stupid over-reaction.  Some of this clubs 'fans' give me more :anguish: than FMA could ever manage.

A founder of the Disabled Supporters Foundation has backed this, so that's good enough for me.

I work in ticketing and anyone who buys an accessible ticket has it drilled into them that it cannot be used by someone who isn't disabled. As soon as you allow the smallest bit of slack, everyone would start taking the piss.

A founder of the Disabled Supporters Foundation has backed this, so that's good enough for me.

I work in ticketing and anyone who buys an accessible ticket has it drilled into them that it cannot be used by someone who isn't disabled. As soon as you allow the smallest bit of slack, everyone would start taking the piss.

Aye, them disabled fuckers always taking the piss.

"everyone would start taking the piss"

Howay man, it's a very small problem to keep an eye on at worst. It's not like you have thousands of people sneaking into the ground for pennies. Warn her/issue a small punishment and keep an eye on her in the future. If it happens again increase the punishment.

I work in ticketing and anyone who buys an accessible ticket has it drilled into them that it cannot be used by someone who isn't disabled. As soon as you allow the smallest bit of slack, everyone would start taking the p*ss.

Aye, them disabled f***ers always taking the p*ss.

Probably more worried about able bodied people getting a ticket through a disabled relative/ friend and using it to the exclusion of genuinely disabled fans.