The disabled woman chronicles

If you misuse a blue disabled parking badge (ie, friend or family member uses it) it can be stripped and fined £1000.

It's not like the club has completely taken the p*ss here. Harsh but she should know better.

That's slightly different from a moral point of view though as the un-disabled relative is taking up a disabled spot by using the blue badge. In this case he's just sitting in a seat that would otherwise be empty.

A founder of the Disabled Supporters Foundation has backed this, so that's good enough for me.

I work in ticketing and anyone who buys an accessible ticket has it drilled into them that it cannot be used by someone who isn't disabled. As soon as you allow the smallest bit of slack, everyone would start taking the p*ss.

Aye, them disabled f***ers always taking the p*ss.

Probably more worried about able bodied people getting a ticket through a disabled relative/ friend and using it to the exclusion of genuinely disabled fans.

I can see that would be a problem.  Must be a nightmare for the stewards to spot.

A founder of the Disabled Supporters Foundation has backed this, so that's good enough for me.

I work in ticketing and anyone who buys an accessible ticket has it drilled into them that it cannot be used by someone who isn't disabled. As soon as you allow the smallest bit of slack, everyone would start taking the p*ss.

Probably more worried about able bodied people getting a ticket through a disabled relative/ friend and using it to the exclusion of genuinely disabled fans.

I can see that would be a problem.  Must be a nightmare for the stewards to spot.

That's what I was getting at btw. Able bodied 'taking the piss' by using relatives to get disabled tickets.

The debate is about the severity of the punishment I guess. I'm a 1 strike and you're out sort of guy. Keeps people in line!

That's what I was getting at btw. Able bodied 'taking the piss' by using relatives to get disabled tickets.

The debate is about the severity of the punishment I guess. I'm a 1 strike and you're out sort of guy. Keeps people in line!

1 strike and out is just out.  You sound like a proper jobsworth.

Dunno if it's been posted but the club actually responded about this:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-fc-speak-after-6681465

Newcastle United have broken their silence after a disabled gran accused the club of “ruining her year” for confiscating her season ticket.

The Chronicle reported today that Lilian Held, who lives a 10-minute walk from St James’ Park, had her ticket cancelled and sold on by her beloved football club after allowing another family member to use it.

After being inundated with phone calls and messages on The Chronicle’s Facebook and Twitter pages, the club said it felt “compelled” to respond.

The club responded by saying: “Mrs Held’s subsidised disabled season ticket was cancelled and a pro rata refund given for remaining games of the 2013/14 season following reports of alleged misuse and a subsequent investigation.

“As part of this investigation, it was found that Mrs Held’s disabled season ticket seat was being used by an able-bodied supporter during the Newcastle United v Southampton fixture, which is against the terms and conditions agreed at sale.

“Mrs Held remains welcome at St James’ Park and can reapply for a concessionary season ticket next season.”

Seems a bit strong if it was only the one game. The seat is paid for already.

oh, shit, that was a crap post so 1 strike, you're out.

you should probably look up the spelling of bigot before trying to use it too

Just don't like time wasters and if people know the rules, they shouldn't break them.

Btw, 1. I wouldn't throw around terms like bigot because you don't agree with someone. 2. Why would I need to look up the spelling? I know how to spell.

oh, shit, that was a crap post so 1 strike, you're out.

you should probably look up the spelling of bigot before trying to use it too

Just don't like time wasters and if people know the rules, they shouldn't break them.

Btw, 1. I wouldn't throw around terms like bigot because you don't agree with someone. 2. Why would I need to look up the spelling? I know how to spell.

Because it's in your sig spelt wrongly?

If you misuse a blue disabled parking badge (ie, friend or family member uses it) it can be stripped and fined £1000.

It's not like the club has completely taken the p*ss here. Harsh but she should know better.

That's slightly different from a moral point of view though as the un-disabled relative is taking up a disabled spot by using the blue badge. In this case he's just sitting in a seat that would otherwise be empty.

I know but I bet if it was a pay at the door type thing (let's just say cinema as an example), he couldn't say, 'It's ok, my mam normally brings them but can't this week, I can get the discounted rate though yeah?'.

Not a chance, they knew what they were doing, took a risk, tough shit if you ask me. He got to see a game that 50,000 had to pay much more for.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-fc-speak-after-6681465

Newcastle United have broken their silence after a disabled gran accused the club of “ruining her year” for confiscating her season ticket.

The Chronicle reported today that Lilian Held, who lives a 10-minute walk from St James’ Park, had her ticket cancelled and sold on by her beloved football club after allowing another family member to use it.

After being inundated with phone calls and messages on The Chronicle’s Facebook and Twitter pages, the club said it felt “compelled” to respond.

The club responded by saying: “Mrs Held’s subsidised disabled season ticket was cancelled and a pro rata refund given for remaining games of the 2013/14 season following reports of alleged misuse and a subsequent investigation.

“As part of this investigation, it was found that Mrs Held’s disabled season ticket seat was being used by an able-bodied supporter during the Newcastle United v Southampton fixture, which is against the terms and conditions agreed at sale.

“Mrs Held remains welcome at St James’ Park and can reapply for a concessionary season ticket next season.”

1 game, they really are a bunch of bastards.

I know but I bet if it was a pay at the door type thing (let's just say cinema as an example), he couldn't say, 'It's ok, my mam normally brings them but can't this week, I can get the discounted rate though yeah?'.

Not a chance, they knew what they were doing, took a risk, tough s*** if you ask me. He got to see a game that 50,000 had to pay much more for.

How much thought do you think they put into it? 

Rattled. And a pretty shit response at that, which makes them look even worse than the original article. Keep at it I say, please Ronny..

Rattled. And a pretty s*** response at that, which makes them look even worse than the original article. Keep at it I say, please Ronny..

Best to have stayed quiet, at least before there was a doubt about her story in how many times he used it, but they just corroborated it and made themselves look worse.

One word for this, perspective, a one off where common sense states a ticking off will do.

Best to have stayed quiet, at least before there was a doubt about her story in how many times he used it, but they just corroborated it and made themselves look worse.

One word for this, perspective, a one off where common sense states a ticking off will do.

It's ironic that at a time when they're trying to force people to keep a season ticket, they're forcing others who want them to stay away.

Guest bimpy474

Discounted because she's disabled so i can see the clubs point, but i dont see why the club couldn't have asked the son to pay extra on the day and warn them for the future.

The overall punishment seems very harsh, if it was the first time it had happened.